VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #5 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't DE already buy a shovel and cleaning supplies prior to picking her up? Authorities already said DE and NK have been plotting this murder for a while.

Yes, DE was a predator. He wasn't some guy involved in a relationship looking to go on a date. He was a sick sociopath who stalked a young girl into a manipulative, controlling sexual relationship for the purpose of killing her.

While LE only has evidence that he began planning the murder with NK in January, IMO, he had murder or something similar. on his mind from the time he began the relationship with NL.

As a former 13 year old with self worth issues and peer problems, I feel very fortunate that social media did not exist. I engaged in some, in hindsight, scary risky behaviors. I moved through that time and had some maturing, character building experiences. I think many of us did. We lived to become who we were meant to be.

I am so sorry Coley never got that chance.

:waitasec:

I wonder if Nicole's father meant to say that he learned Nicole's cause of death on television?

http://m.swvatoday.com/news/article_adc3a1ac-c912-11e5-933e-dff567f0abe7.html?mode=jqm

I really hate that these news articles are still using a photo of Nicole with a circle pointing out her tracheotomy scar.

I get that it was important to bring attention to the scar when she was missing, but I feel like she deserves to be remembered and honored with a picture that doesn't highlight her past health struggles.

I'm sure it's not intentional. They probably just haven't taken the time to update the photo... but it still bothers me. Bleh. :/

I don't know why he would tell Dr. Phil he found on TV his daughter was dead (and then police even apologized to him for not informing him) when it was already reported policeman wanted to tell him in person but he insisted he was told over the phone.

"Lovell said authorities forgot to tell him before they told reporters that his missing daughter had been found dead. But he did not blame officials, saying it was "a screw-up" and that they apologized for the oversight."

http://www.journalnow.com/news/stat...cle_0bc9a51a-7394-54a0-a3f1-67c012c5e8df.html

Re: Why DE wasn't charged with Capital Murder: He was arrested and NL was found later that afternoon. NK wasn't arrested until the next day. I think the Commonwealth's Attorney promised to take Capital off the table if he would disclose where the body was. They likely had his car with a big poorly cleaned up blood stain in the trunk. My bet is he is the one who will try to take a guilty plea because he has a public defender.

Sorry but I don't think everyone's sexual histories here is helpful. It feels like parent and victim blaming.

No, DE didn't disclose where the body was. He hasn't admitted to murder. NK is the one who told authorities where the body was.

It would be great if online support existed for tweens and teen girls. Sort of like Big Sister, but online. Because, let's face it, they are probably more online these days than offline.

I don't know how it would work. Perhaps each community could have a vetted group of women that take turns being available to help online with any sort of social media problems and for even last minute questions like: "should I go meet him?"

People are lending different opinions as to what they were like at 13. They really vary and at least for me, it gives me a new and different perspectives on how many of us differed at 13 and how many are similar to today's teens.

I don't get the blaming vibe people keep bringing up in these threads.

Re: Why DE wasn't charged with Capital Murder: He was arrested and NL was found later that afternoon. NK wasn't arrested until the next day. I think the Commonwealth's Attorney promised to take Capital off the table if he would disclose where the body was. They likely had his car with a big poorly cleaned up blood stain in the trunk. My bet is he is the one who will try to take a guilty plea because he has a public defender.

Sorry but I don't think everyone's sexual histories here is helpful. It feels like parent and victim blaming.

I just wanted to clarify an issue that someone else mentioned earlier in the thread. The reason that neither DE or NK will be eligible for capital murder charges (death penalty murder) is that they are under the age of 21. See link below:

http://www.virginia-criminallawyer.com/homicide-laws-virginia-code.html

Paraphrase: eligible for death penalty if kills anyone under the age of 14 and is over 21 years old. Hope this helps.

****OK, I see I was wrong. That is only one of the situations in which one is eligible for capital murder. According to that link, anyone over 18 would be eligible if they meet one of the other criteria***.
I'm really sorry about that.(he/she says sheepishly)

I noticed that also, however, both Nicole's father and her step-brother said the last time they saw Nicole was on December 19th. If that's true than perhaps she posted the photos on the 23rd of December.
Maybe that's when she got her phone back?

I agree. It doesn't appear she had anything at all to do. Her mother kept her home from school due to her not wanting to attend due to bullying - and the day she left to go meet DE she was playing in the snow with 8 year olds, which is something. Otherwise it seems she spent her time flirting online with adult men, which her father did try to stop her from doing.

Honestly, I think Nicole was in school a lot more than not. There was mention of her staying home due to bulling, at some point, could've been one day, for all we know.
By all accounts, she regularly attended school, had a lot friends there, and I have not heard anything close to extensive truancy issues.

Honestly, I think Nicole was in school a lot more than not. There was mention of her staying home due to bulling, at some point, could've been one day, for all we know.
By all accounts, she regularly attended school, had a lot friends there, and I have not heard anything close to extensive truancy issues.

That's not what her mother said, and unlike us, she is in the position to know what was going on.

"Nicole often cried, asking to stay home from school, her mother said. “We discussed it with teachers, but it got worse. It got so bad I wouldn’t send her.”"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...5bdeca-c83a-11e5-88ff-e2d1b4289c2f_story.html

Well she clearly didn't miss enough school to raise truancy issues. "It got so bad I wouldn't send her" is a far cry from she didn't attend much. Jmo. There are a lot more accounts of her being in school, talking to kids on the bus and so forth...

Well she clearly didn't miss enough school to raise truancy issues. "It got so bad I wouldn't send her" is a far cry from she didn't attend much. Jmo. There are a lot more accounts of her being in school, talking to kids on the bus and so forth...

How do you know if there were or were not truancy issues? I don't think school would report it to the press.

Imo, if a kid has reached a point where they're crying, and begging to stay home. They have been in school a lot. Probably too much. If problems like that are allowed to get to that extreme, then there is likely more at play here, than parental negligence.

Imo, if a kid has reached a point where they're crying, and begging to stay home. They have been in school a lot. Probably too much. If problems like that are allowed to get to that extreme, then there is likely more at play here, than parental negligence.

It's all so frustrating. What a cruel irony that Nicole attended a school where one of the organizers of Help Save The Next Girl worked. In case anyone isn't familiar with it, it's an organization to promote safety awareness among teen girls and young women. People cared about Nicole and would have helped her if only they had known this was going on. It's so sad, scary and twisted that something like this could happen. And the fault is squarely on DE and NK. Monsters.

A lot of people know about Nicole's communicating with older men on-line. She told friends. One friend apparently even claims she told a resource officer in school, but the officer disputes it. Apparently even Nicole's parents knew at some point (her phone got taken away but apparently quickly returned).

I remember being herded into the auditorium in middle high to watch a cartoon on menstration. Maybe such a class could be taught on the unfortunate happenings online?

Edited to add : I met my DH in '99 online.

I wonder if Nicole truly had close friends, or if those coming forward are claiming friendship after the fact, when perhaps they were more like acquaintances or "non-bullies". Only wondering because if she did have a group of close friends at school, she probably would have felt more protected and less vulnerable and maybe not so miserable about going to school. I fear she may have told others about her "older boyfriend" as an attempt to get attention, maybe interest, from schoolmates. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member