VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #6 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovell’s mother, Tammy Weeks, sat through Friday’s hearing. She only left the courtroom as Hite described this scene.
During his own police interviews, Eisenhauer said he had been exchanging messages with Lovell since mid-December under the impression she was 16 or 17 years old, according to testimony. He told police they eventually opened up to each other, as Lovell said she was upset and everyone hated her.

Eisenhauer said he did go to meet with the girl that night, but he told police he left when he saw that she appeared to be about 11 years old.
Investigators also showed maps of data logs pulled from a GPS device recovered from the vehicle.

According to a Blacksburg police intelligence analyst, the logs show a trail leading up to Fairfax Road, near Lovell’s home, just after midnight Jan. 27. The trail of data points then leads to Craig Creek Road around 1 a.m. and back to Virginia Tech’s campus at 2:12 a.m.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/k...6c0-d9fe-535c-80fa-4b05930d1a20.html?mode=jqm

When did the DE return to the murder scene with NK to move the body? The next day? TIA

I'm really hoping the dropped charge of accessory after the fact won't change much for her since she's still being charged with the larger charge of accessory BEFORE the fact and the concealment charge is still there. Please God don't let this girl get off easy for her part in this.

I wonder what her explanation was for taking Nicole's Minions blanket, cell phone, and the freaking bag her body was kept in back to her dorm room. The facts of this case make me shutter!!!
Just because she is rolling over for prosecution I pray she don't get off so easy! I wonder if her wearing a hoodie in court is a part of her "mental state"

Sent from my Nexus 7

Woah woah wait is he still saying g he didn't kill her? Or am I'm reading this is from previous interview?

Sent from my Nexus 7

I'm unclear if DE is still claiming he did not kill Nicole myself.

Eisenhauer maintains that he did not kill Lovell.

http://www.collegiatetimes.com/news...a7e-1ebd-11e6-83fb-47dfb062c64c.html?mode=jqm

I guess he can "maintain" that he did not kill all that he wants, but he is being charged with her murder. I guess the defense will say he didn't? The evidence appears to be very incriminating.

Shortly before 1 a.m. on January 30, Eisenhauer ended a police interview by telling investigators, “I think the police should look more into finding a body than finding a living body.”

I wish we could have watched the hearing, but the reports BUF is posting have a lot of information in them. A lot of detail I honestly was not expecting.

When did the DE return to the murder scene with NK to move the body? The next day? TIA

Keepers has told police she was not present when Lovell was killed, but she said Eisenhauer reached out to her for help on the evening of Jan. 27, less than 24 hours after the girl went missing. According to testimony, Keepers said Eisenhauer wanted her help to relocate the body because he saw how much media attention the case was receiving.

Less than 24 hours. Also, they were glad they did an overkill because their lives were on the line.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/k...6c0-d9fe-535c-80fa-4b05930d1a20.html?mode=jqm

Less than 24 hours. Also, they were glad they did an overkill because their lives were on the line.

So if he killed her late at night, presumably alone, then it looks like the two of them returned the following evening, but not as late.

I just cannot believe that they not only moved the body, but cleaned the body naked. I mean, I believe it....I just can't wrap my mind around two college freshman doing that task like it was a game.

BBM.

They assumed LE wouldn't look too hard for a runaway. They had no idea, I'm guessing, that Nicole had a serious medical condition that required daily medication. She wouldn't runaway without medication, so LE knew that this wasn't a typical run-away situation.

But, since the perps thought Nicole's "runaway" case wouldn't get much attention, DE & NK figured the body wouldn't be found soon. DE thought that if the body wasn't found for a week, then evidence wouldn't be left for LE to figure out what happened. Since, they didn't think LE would look hard and they thought that when/if Nicole's body was found, there wouldn't be evidence to link the crime to them, the two perps felt "invisible" to LE. They could communicate all they wanted on SM because nobody would be looking at THEM, two smart students at the university.

Really, it was Nicole's medical condition that got them caught. LE took the case seriously from the start because this was a young teen in need of medicine. And DE and NK's SM conversations will help convict them.

Vain, arrogant, unbelievably selfish, cruel murderers.

JMO

Thank you! Your post sums up the two murders perfectly. They truly underestimated how Nicole's investigation would be handled. Such a good point about Nicole's meds too. She needed those meds to live, and she wanted to live. They robbed her of a full life, but I do find some consolation in the fact that they were found out so quickly. I do think they thought this was some kind of game and, yeah, I think they would have done it again.

I think Keepers is going to try the "he was manipulating me or controlling me" defense based on her 'sociopath in training' statement.

ITD, I am in complete agreement. This was like some kind of game. Maybe online gaming just was not satisfying enough for them any more? It's very disturbing and, like I said earlier, I am getting heartburn just reading the articles. My mind is too simple I suppose. I cannot for the life of me even pretend to understand NK and DE.

Just because she is rolling over for prosecution I pray she don't get off so easy! I wonder if her wearing a hoodie in court is a part of her "mental state"

Sent from my Nexus 7

I think it was Boots who said NK was like Bella Bond's mother when she was in court. Yep, head down in a hoodie trying to hide. DE on the other hand was in a suit with his head up. Wish we were able to have watched this hearing.

http://wset.com/news/local/one-charge-against-natalie-keepers-dropped-all-others-certified

Keepers arrived at Friday's hearing with her head down, wearing a purple hooded sweatshirt. On the other hand, her accused accomplice, David Eisenahuer walked into the courtroom with his head up, wearing a suit. Both defendants were shackled at the waist.

This is just sickening. I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt, thinking maybe it was a spur of the moment killing (they met, he freaked out about her age, then killed her). But this has obviously been planned for a long time. Ugh.

And does anybody else get the impression that NK will be going with some sort of insanity defense?

Police also testified that Eisenhauer told them that after leaving Lovell, he messaged Keepers through KIK and asked to come to her dorm to talk about what happened. A detective on the case testified that Eisenahauer called an end to the interview by saying "I think police should spend more time into looking for a body... instead of trying to interrogate a person who clearly left the scene. I'm calling a lawyer. I'm done.
Saturday, January 30, Detective Ryan Hite went to an apartment where Natalie Keepers was hanging out to bring her to the police department to try to sort out a timeline. Hite testified that initially Keepers told him that she didn't have any information on the case. However, Keepers allowed police to dump and analyze her cell phone, which led police to think that she might have more information.
According to Hite, Keepers told him that she first learned of the plan to kill Lovell on January 26, the day before she went missing.
According to police testimony, Natalie Keepers said she had never seen Nicole Lovell before, saying that Eisenhauer described her as a girl he met at a party and was messaging with. That contracts what police say Eisenhauer told them, that he had never met Lovell.
She told police after dumping her body in North Carolina, Eisenhauer pulled off the 81, took a bloody knife out of the center console, cleaned it and threw it into the woods, testified Hite.

http://wset.com/news/local/one-charge-against-natalie-keepers-dropped-all-others-certified

Grand Jury meeting in late July....

Montgomery County Juvenile and Domestic Relations Judge Robert Viar Jr. found probable cause to send the case to a grand jury, which will meet in late July to determine whether the two former college students from Maryland should be indicted.
Keepers took investigators to those sites, pointing out tire tracks from Eisenhauer's car and their footprints in the blood-spattered snow, as well as to locations where they disposed of Nicole's clothes and backpack, Hite said. She could not find the wooded area where Eisenhauer tossed the knife, Hite said, but Nicole's blanket, emblazoned with "Minions" cartoon figures, which she brought with her when she sneaked out her window, was seized from Keepers' dorm room.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cops-su...nicole-lovell-murder-a-sociopath-in-training/

I'm unclear if DE is still claiming he did not kill Nicole myself.

http://www.collegiatetimes.com/news...a7e-1ebd-11e6-83fb-47dfb062c64c.html?mode=jqm

I guess he can "maintain" that he did not kill all that he wants, but he is being charged with her murder. I guess the defense will say he didn't? The evidence appears to be very incriminating.

I wish we could have watched the hearing, but the reports BUF is posting have a lot of information in them. A lot of detail I honestly was not expecting.
Reporters do write down a lot of the information in these hearings. I work for a paper and sat In on Noah Thomas evidentiary hearing In J&D. AlOT of information to consume and write down.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Thank you Courtfollower89! You are much appreciated.

Thank you everyone who kept up with the hearing today and posted all the updates and news. It is much appreciated!

Does anyone know what time it was known that LE was looking for NL? The reason I ask is how did DE know about media attention causing him and NK to have to relocate the body . IMO I believe that NK was in the vehicle the whole time , she would have wanted to see the murder since she helped planned it .

Did NK keep some of NL's things as souvenirs ? Makes no sense why they got rid of some things , NL's clothes , boots they get rid of but decide to take her phone , blanket, and backpack. IMO I think NK was more involved than she is claiming. I believe that both DE and NK thought they were to smart , and might have wanted to plan the perfect crime.

Was she stabbed to death? I can't remember what the me said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members