VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #6 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Upon arrival I could hear a female screaming and loud thuds coming from upstairs,” Officer D.W. Umberger wrote in his criminal complaint.

Identifying himself as a police officer, Umberger went inside the apartment and ran upstairs.

“I observed a white female identified as Mrs. Terri Lovell and a white male identified as David Lovell on the floor at the end of their bed,” the officer wrote. “Both subjects had injuries to their faces and Mrs. Lovell had a bruise to her back on the right side. Both subjects stated they had been arguing all day.”

Both employed by Pizza Hut, they were initially being held without bond.

On Thursday, though, David Lovell was given a $10,000 bond following a Wythe County Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court hearing. Conditions included having no contact with his wife, not leaving the commonwealth and seeking counseling from Mount Rogers. Terri Lovell has a bond hearing set for May 3.

Their preliminary hearings have been scheduled for June 28. If a judge finds probable cause, he’ll send the charges to a grand jury for consideration. An unlawful wounding conviction carries a maximum five-year prison sentence.

http://www.swvatoday.com/news/article_0f263436-0d7a-11e6-a913-1f7d7c5d936f.html

Pulaski home searched in Lovell murder case
By MELINDA WILLIAMS

melinda@southwesttimes.com
Authorities obtained a search warrant for a Pulaski residence Thursday in hopes of finding evidence related to the January abduction and murder of a 13-year-old Blacksburg girl.

Detective D.L. Twigger of Blacksburg Police Department filed an affidavit to obtained a search warrant for a Dora Highway home just before 5 p.m. Thursday. According to the paperwork, police were looking for a cell phone owned by a man believed to live at the residence.

Based on records on file in Pulaski County Circuit Court Monday, it is unclear whether the search was a success. The address of the search and the owner of the cell phone are not being published because no charges have been filed against him.

http://www.southwesttimes.com/2016/05/pulaski-home-searched-in-lovell-murder-case/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

By MELINDA WILLIAMS

Authorities obtained a search warrant for a Pulaski residence Thursday in hopes of finding evidence related to the January abduction and murder of a 13-year-old Blacksburg girl.

Detective D.L. Twigger of Blacksburg Police Department filed an affidavit to obtained a search warrant for a Dora Highway home just before 5 p.m. Thursday. According to the paperwork, police were looking for a cell phone owned by a man believed to live at the residence.

Based on records on file in Pulaski County Circuit Court Monday, it is unclear whether the search was a success. The address of the search and the owner of the cell phone are not being published because no charges have been filed against him.

http://www.southwesttimes.com/2016/05/pulaski-home-searched-in-lovell-murder-case/

Oh wow! Very interesting! I certainly have a man in mind, but I will sit on my hands until LE releases a name.

Oh wow! Very interesting! I certainly have a man in mind, but I will sit on my hands until LE releases a name.
I was wondering since we have not heard of the cell phones being found if this person could be hiding them? Guess we will know more soon hopefully.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

By MELINDA WILLIAMS

Wow - that is a development.

It's been awhile since I was looking at this case. Can someone remind me if Pulaski has come up before? Where is this place located in terms of Nicole's house, the body site, etc.?

TIA.

It's been awhile since I was looking at this case. Can someone remind me if Pulaski has come up before? Where is this place located in terms of Nicole's house, the body site, etc.?

TIA.
Pulaski is about 40 minutes from Blacksburg where Nicole lived. Her body was found 100 Miles from her home in North Carolina per this article.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/30/us/missing-teen-arrest-virginia/

Thanks. I don't recall Pulaski as a place name on this case before (but I am rusty with the details). I wonder what the cell phone connection is.
I am as well! There are a lot of small towns throughout the area here (Pulaski one of them) this makes me wonder if possibly there could be a third accomplice. Looking forwards to what LE has found if anything.

TIA.

Yes, who is this person in Pulaski and how might they be involved with NL's murder?

This is the first time I've ever heard the name of that town (I think). It's been so long since anything new has surfaced in this case, so I'm not surprised by how clueless I feel right now.

Could it have anything to do with the recent arrest of NL's dad and stepmom? Speaking of which, are both of them out of jail now?

Yes, who is this person in Pulaski and how might they be involved with NL's murder?

This is the first time I've ever heard the name of that town (I think). It's been so long since anything new has surfaced in this case, so I'm not surprised by how clueless I feel right now.

Could it have anything to do with the recent arrest of NL's dad and stepmom? Speaking of which, are both of them out of jail now?

I'm wondering if it's someone Nicole communicated with on social media?!? Total guess.

I'm wondering if it's someone Nicole communicated with on social media?!? Total guess.

Thats what my hunch was, maybe she confided in someone or maybe they are busting anyone who may have had inappropriate interaction with her.

Please correct me if wrong but I believe there was mention she may have been pregnant or told someone she may be. Who knows who the father could have been if she was meeting people online.

This news is really unusual

Dora Highway is very rural. I'm going to assume someone's number was on Nicoles phone, someone who doesn't belong there. IF DE and NK knew this person, it is feasible they could have traveled there from the murder site to clean up and then gone from there to the Wytheville Walmart and to the site where body was found. So could possibly be a link there too. All speculation, can't wait to hear how this fits in :mad:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dora Highway is very rural. I'm going to assume someone's number was on Nicoles phone, someone who doesn't belong there. IF DE and NK knew this person, it is feasible they could have traveled there from the murder site to clean up and then gone from there to the Wytheville Walmart and to the site where body was found. So could possibly be a link there too. All speculation, can't wait to hear how this fits in :mad:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first thought was that the phone was used to communicate with Nicole as well.

But what if it was someone DE and/or NK communicated with? Any thoughts on what that could mean? I would think that if there was a third person involved, DE and NK would be singing that name to the tree tops.

Hmm.....head scratcher.

My first thought was that the phone was used to communicate with Nicole as well.

But what if it was someone DE and/or NK communicated with? Any thoughts on what that could mean? I would think that if there was a third person involved, DE and NK would be singing that name to the tree tops.

Hmm.....head scratcher.

BBM... that was actually my first thought, also. I thought there was a DE relative possibly in Dublin... but I haven't found anything for Dora Hwy specifically, so maybe I'm wrong.

Hmm.....head scratcher.
My thought as well unless a friend who is holding the phones if memory suits me correctly DE and NL phones have not been found correct? Could this third person be holding them. We could go on for days speculating this I suppose.

More interesting information out today!!!

CHRISTIANSBURG — A judge in the Nicole Lovell case ruled Tuesday that a defendant will not be allowed to film her own preliminary hearing later this month.

Montgomery County Juvenile and Domestic Relations Judge Robert Viar entered an order Tuesday denying the motion for the cameras after the judge heard arguments on the matter last month.

Viar offered no explanation in the order beyond his denial.

The decision comes after lawyers for Natalie Keepers — who has been charged in the teen’s death along with David Eisenhauer — argued traditional court audio recordings wouldn’t be sufficient.

Video is able to capture the “subtleties in the expression and mannerism of each witness” in ways audio recordings cannot, according lawyer John Robertson’s motion filed in March. Those subtleties, he argued, may be key to Keepers’ defense by demonstrating to a jury how a witness might have changed their account .

But Montgomery County Commonwealth’s Attorney Mary Pettitt, who is prosecuting the Virginia Tech students accused of plotting to kill Lovell, said before Viar’s decision her office was unable to find any other criminal case in Virginia that has allowed a defense team to film proceedings. She added that the use of stenographers and audio recording equipment is routine, and she would not object to that.

Reporters usually request this kind of video access. But Robertson was arguing for Keepers’ own cameras to be allowed into the May 20 preliminary hearing, while at the same time saying press cameras should be banned.

According to the Montgomery County Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court clerk’s office, about eight news agencies have already requested photo access to the Keepers and Eisenhauer cases, including The Roanoke Times, WDBJ (Channel 7) and CBS’ 48 Hours.

Viar had not ruled on the press motions as of Tuesday afternoon.

Legal experts largely didn’t know what to make of the lawyers’ request after it was argued at a hearing last month. Some said there’s no reason it should be denied.

Others — such as Radford University criminal justice professor Tod Burke — said there wasn’t much precedent to suggest what the judge would do.

Keepers has been charged with accessory before and after the fact in Lovell’s slaying and concealing a dead body. Eisenhauer is charged with abduction and first-degree murder.

http://m.roanoke.com/news/crime/bla...41b-2520-5e08-b5c0-cc0f0b87d927.html?mode=jqm

It's good to hear that LE is still working on this case!

IMO, LE will be checking all phone numbers on NL's phone records and interviewing the guys.

Can't wait to hear where they came up with this phone number today that they requested a search for the house. Of course, after all this time, if there was any evidence, a wise person would have dumped it by now.

From The Roanoke Times:

PULASKI – David Eisenhauer was texting a man about finding a place to hide a body before 13-year-old Nicole Lovell's death, according to a new search warrant filed last week.
The text message conversations included discussion of “needing ‘a place to hide a body near you’ and ‘original plan failed,’” according to the warrant.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/b...cle_f95a880e-14e9-5888-9e98-7af54f78d881.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper