GUILTY VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #7 Accused Pleads "No Contest"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. Something changed today. And in my opinion it's not good for DE.

Annie also tweeted this...

Annie Andersen
@Annie_Andersen
·
5h
You guys, the media room is freaking out speculating about what this could mean, but for reals, watch it be absolutely nothing.

They've done a great job placing him with Nicole....but have they made a convincing case that he is the one who administered the fatal injury that killed her?

jmo

That's the crucial question isn't it? And imo so far they have not, but we're not through yet.

Are these the only details (released to the public) of the Hokie Passport evidence presented today???

Wesel testified that on January 26, 2016 the night Lovell was taken from her home and scheduled to have a date with Eisenhauer, he used the card at the Ambler-Johnston West dorm building at 11:21 p.m.

His next log into the dorm was January 27 at 2:32 a.m. at the same dorm.

According to that same testimony, Natalie Keepers last log on January 26 was at 11:05 p.m. at Lee Hall dorm. Her next time logged into the system, using her Hokie Passport was at 11:35 a.m. into Lee Hall the next day.

bbm So she was not at her dorm for over 12 hours, including the whole night?

Agree. Something changed today. And in my opinion it's not good for DE.

What makes you say that? What changed?

@WildeLake, could you PLEASE become a Verified Insider, or stop posting conspiracy theories? It's not only a lot of work for the mods to clean up the thread, it also makes the thread hard and confusing to read when suddenly so many posts are missing and I'm trying to catch up. Thank you! I really do appreciate your input but please stick to our rules here. :)

Some more tweets (possibly already posted and I overlooked them):

Annie Andersen‏Verified account @Annie_Andersen

Annie Andersen Retweeted Annie Andersen

This video talks about the likelihood that somebody else's (other than David Eisenhauer) DNA was found under Nicole Lovell's fingertips

Annie Andersen‏Verified account @Annie_Andersen

RAW VIDEO: Forensics expert testifies in the #DavidEisenhauer case. About halfway through, she talks about the... https://fb.me/FWFbbqeT

https://twitter.com/Annie_Andersen/status/961688865588301824

Dominick Mastrangelo‏ @DomMastrangelo1

Defense attorney Tony Anderson is now going through each piece of evidence that did not have David Eisenhauer's DNA on it and making Harold confrim from her report. (Gym bag, Minions blanket, stick from scene of crime etc.).

https://twitter.com/DomMastrangelo1/status/961689802042171398

SBM

So she was not at her dorm for over 12 hours, including the whole night?

We don't know based based on the Hokie Passport. It would only be needed to get into the building, not when she left the building. All we can say at this time is that her card (Hokie Passport) was used to go inside Lee Hall at 11:05 p.m. on January 26 and the next time the card was used was on January 27 at 11:35 a.m. (to gain entrance to Lee Hall, again). Whoever used the card (NK, I presume, but we don't factually know that at this time) could have been out all night but also could have left the building for 5 seconds or 12 hours or any time in between.

SBM

We don't know based based on the Hokie Passport. It would only be needed to get into the building, not when she left the building. All we can say at this time is that her card (Hokie Passport) was used to go inside Lee Hall at 11:05 p.m. on January 26 and the next time the card was used was on January 27 at 11:35 a.m. (to gain entrance to Lee Hall, again). Whoever used the card (NK, I presume, but we don't factually know that at this time) could have been out all night but also could have left the building for 5 seconds or 12 hours or any time in between.

Oh I see! Thank you for clarifying that for me. I thought the first time given was exiting Lee Hall and the second time re-entering.

I thought the dumest mistake was buying the wrong type of shovel. I bet they didn't get far digging a hole with it. But yea I think your right . Why didn't they get rid of it all?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I was thinking the same but came to the realization that they had probably never used a shovel their entire lives. Neither of them probably had a clue how hard it is to dig a grave sized hole (including a shallow one), even with the right kind of shovel.

It would be similar to someone buying a leaf rake to spread rocks instead of a bow rake or landscape rake because they don't realize there are different types of rakes.

Throwing her phone in the lake and the stuff in the dumpster, on campus, is something that perplexes me almost as much as keeping mementos of the crime. I think they got too carried away in the fantasy of this whole thing and really put little thought into the reality of what it would set into motion.

The Collegiate Times is saying "Rachel Goldsboro" and the Kik user account were on Keepers' phone and that she had contact info related to Eisenhauer on the phone as well, but the Eisenhauer attorney is trying to exclude it as evidence - - - they refer in this article to Goldsboro rather than GoldSparrow http://www.collegiatetimes.com/news...cle_9de1b4c2-0ce0-11e8-a1a0-4f82a599c92a.html

From link --

"The prosecution moved to present records of electronic communication between Keepers and Eisenhauer, which led the defense to request that the jury leave the courtroom and to object to the use of this evidence. After objecting to the evidence by saying it was hearsay and had no foundation within the case, the defense said they were not aware this evidence would be presented at this time and asked for time with the defendant."

I thought prosecutors must disclose all evidence they plan to enter against a defendant to his defense before the trial begins, no? Why did this come as such a surprise?

This whole thing of a third mystery suspect who may have been the actual killer seems like incredible wishful thinking. I gather this is mostly based on the mystery trip up Fortress Drive. Let's pretend they did pick up somebody. Just what became of them afterwards? They obviously didn't take them back home or the GPS would have shown it.

Also, remember that at the time she was picked up by police Keepers was at her boyfriend's. Perhaps he lives up that street. Perhaps Eisenhauer was stopping to pick her up. Or maybe it was just a drug deal. Whatever the reason, there was no return trip and no sign of what became of the supposed "real killer."

I note there's a lot of mention that DE's car seems to have stopped around the address for a gun show owner. It may be worth noting the murder site is basically next door to the local shooting range. Anybody at that address would absolutely be extremely familiar with the shooting range. As far as I know, it's never been revealed who Keeper's boyfriend was. If we assume he was into guns then he'd be familiar with the range and possibly would have taken her there previously.

going back to the defense's opening statements about NK (since NK was the hot topic yesterday afternoon):

John Lichtenstein, one of the head attorneys on Eisenhauer’s defense team, believes that Natalie Keepers is responsible for the actual force that killed Lovell. While Keepers has previously testified that she was not present at the scene of the murder, Lichtenstein claimed that there is evidence that could suggest otherwise.

There is a shovel recovered from the crime scene that has Keepers’ palm print on it and is consistent with Lovell’s injuries. Lichtenstein also spoke of a stick on which Keepers’ hair and Lovell’s blood were found. Additionally, Lichtenstein described a gym bag, blanket and underwear found in Keepers’ dorm room in Lee Hall that all had Lovell’s blood on them.

Lichtenstein also described an email address that Keepers had with a username that featured a “demonic” fictional character who killed people and then stole their belongings. Lichtenstein claims that the account was deleted a day prior to Keepers’ arrest.

Finally, Lichtenstein explained that Keepers had a history of severe mental illness and fascination with knives. He also alleged that someone had once told the police that Keepers had threatened to kill him.

http://www.collegiatetimes.com/news...cle_5f2ce23a-0ba8-11e8-ba27-636e519191c5.html

Good or see you back JohnTate!

From link --

"The prosecution moved to present records of electronic communication between Keepers and Eisenhauer, which led the defense to request that the jury leave the courtroom and to object to the use of this evidence. After objecting to the evidence by saying it was hearsay and had no foundation within the case, the defense said they were not aware this evidence would be presented at this time and asked for time with the defendant."

I thought prosecutors must disclose all evidence they plan to enter against a defendant to his defense before the trial begins, no? Why did this come as such a surprise?

They do have to turnover all discovery they are going to use before trial begins. The defense attorneys had to know any communications between the two would come in during his trial. It is highly relevant evidence so I am confused why they protest unless its just to get it on record or trying to stall it coming in now?

Its odd that they first say it is hearsay and has no foundation and when that didn't work they changed it to they didn't know it was going to be entered at this TIME?

It seems the defense is very aware of these communications evidence but is trying to stall them coming in at this point in the trial. The defense should be fully prepared beforehand on all evidence they know will come in. It is not up to the defense when the state presents their evidence or in what order.

As far as them saying there is no foundation............well the foundation will be laid by the one who testifies about them so that is a really silly excuse, imo.

JMO

From link --

I thought the same, and that the judge had ruled on what evidence would be allowed. Maybe something new was discovered...or something totally different. Hope we find out today.

Whatever it was, the demeanor of DE and his team certainly appeared to have changed. A picture is worth a thousand words...and there were a few.

I note there's a lot of mention that DE's car seems to have stopped around the address for a gun show owner. It may be worth noting the murder site is basically next door to the local shooting range. Anybody at that address would absolutely be extremely familiar with the shooting range. As far as I know, it's never been revealed who Keeper's boyfriend was. If we assume he was into guns then he'd be familiar with the range and possibly would have taken her there previously.

JMO, DE just made a wrong turn. It's one road away from the Craig Creek Rd turn. Though they had scouted the location earlier, it was now late at night, dark, etc.

DE probably realized his mistake right away and drove into the neighborhood a little ways looking for a cul de sac where he could turn around. There's no cul de sac in that neighborhood and the place where he turned around was the exact spot he would have first seen the street was just a dead end.

In addition, it appears he spent no time at that location, just enough time to turn around and leave. I have no doubt investigators looked into that turn and found nothing suspicious. As someone else pointed out here, if there were another "accomplice" LE would have been all over it, it would have been a big deal.

JMO, DE just made a wrong turn. It's one road away from the Craig Creek Rd turn. Though they had scouted the location earlier, it was now late at night, dark, etc.

DE probably realized his mistake right away and drove into the neighborhood a little ways looking for a cul de sac where he could turn around. There's no cul de sac in that neighborhood and the place where he turned around was the exact spot he would have first seen the street was just a dead end.

In addition, it appears he spent no time at that location, just enough time to turn around and leave. I have no doubt investigators looked into that turn and found nothing suspicious. As someone else pointed out here, if there were another "accomplice" LE would have been all over it, it would have been a big deal.

Didn't the GPS show him stopping for around 6 minutes on Fortress Drive? As you say, LE wouldn't just turn ignore another suspect. And before the trial is over, this may be explained away. Keep in mind we haven't heard testimony from Nicole's friends about her statements about her boyfriend, David. And there's Keeper's boyfriend and roommates along with Eisenhauer's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AllenImmab