GUILTY VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, murdered, Blacksburg, 27 Jan 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That was quicker than I imagined it would be.

I can see the defense putting her on the stand - she is coming across as someone who would be influenced by a boy she liked. If she is meek and looking like she looks now on the stand, the jury might think she was duped and used by DE.

What does everyone think of the prosecution's case? Strong enough to convict?

jmo
This was awfully quick. IDK if they'll put her on the stand. Don't think she's smart enough to get through the questions the prosecution would ask.

I bet the prosecution will put on a rebuttal. I just checked again and DE is still at Western Virginia Regional Jail. Maybe they are keeping him there as they may have him testify after the psychologist, etc.

For those interested in times:

Prosecution rests its case on second day of Natalie Keepers trial

Quote:

Blacksburg Police Department Officer Deanna Jones testified that she analyzed the data from Eisenhauer’s GPS, focusing specifically on January 26-27, 2016. She said the GPS plotted to the Christiansburg Wal-Mart at 4:03 p.m. on January 26. She then noted other timestamps of the GPS including, a stop at Craig Creek Road at 10:40 p.m., a stop at Fairfax Road (where Nicole Lovell lived) at 11:54 p.m., leaving Fairfax Road 16 minutes after midnight on January 27, entering Craig Creek Road at 1:02 a.m., leaving Craig Creek Road 44 minutes later, and ending at the Virginia Tech Campus at 2:12 am.

Keepers' gym bag with Lovell's bloody 'Minions' blanket entered into evidence

Quote:

He testified that after Eisenhauer was arrested on Jan. 30, 2016, he was sent to Craig's Creek Road to do an area search for evidence. He said based on footprints in the snow, there was evidence that two people had gotten out of a vehicle in the area. He said that he and other investigators found blood at the scene on Craig's Creek Road where Lovell was killed.

End Quote.

The curious part, for me, is that footprints show two people. We know Keepers returned with Eisenhauer to get the body so you'd expect three sets. I think I've previously read he hid the body until they returned. Perhaps this was a bit closer to the road than the actual murder site and there were only his and Nicole's prints at the actual crime scene. Or he parked a bit differently. Whatever, it sounds like footprints must clear Keepers from taking part in the killing. I guess this may answer some of us who thought Keepers was present for the murder. It would be nice to hear some clarification, though.

Keepers' gym bag with Lovell's bloody 'Minions' blanket entered into evidence

Quote:

He testified that after Eisenhauer was arrested on Jan. 30, 2016, he was sent to Craig's Creek Road to do an area search for evidence. He said based on footprints in the snow, there was evidence that two people had gotten out of a vehicle in the area. He said that he and other investigators found blood at the scene on Craig's Creek Road where Lovell was killed.

End Quote.

The curious part, for me, is that footprints show two people. We know Keepers returned with Eisenhauer to get the body so you'd expect three sets. I think I've previously read he hid the body until they returned. Perhaps this was a bit closer to the road than the actual murder site and there were only his and Nicole's prints at the actual crime scene. Or he parked a bit differently. Whatever, it sounds like footprints must clear Keepers from taking part in the killing. I guess this may answer some of us who thought Keepers was present for the murder. It would be nice to hear some clarification, though.
Could DE have carried Nicole out of the car? Maybe he hit her on the head in the car and then lifted her out? IDK

jmo

Could DE have carried Nicole out of the car? Maybe he hit her on the head in the car and then lifted her out? IDK

jmo

It has been theorized he hit her with the shovel which would be nearly impossible in a car. But there's no reason he couldn't have done it at the trunk. I'm guessing they can tell enough from the footprints to match to shoes. Did they recover Nicole's, though? One has to wonder what he told Nicole to get her out of the car on a dark deserted road in the snow past midnight.

Oh gosh, the prosecution has rested and defense begins tomorrow! I guess we'll be hearing from the mysterious BB soon. And will Keepers testify? I doubt it, myself. We'll get the guy that wrote the book on interrogations along with the defense expert psychologist. Anybody else? According to the court website, the only other people that have been served subpoenas are LE, I think.

Who is BB?

<Admin Note: full name of minor changed to initials BB>

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the video of her at the police station will be presented. It shows her in quite a different light than how she looks in court.

jmo

I hope they will release the interrogation video when this is over I'd like to see it

Who is BB?

BB is who the prosecution referred to as "B.B.", the 16-year old girl from Roanoke that DE simultaneously had an affair with.
-----------------------------
My theory of the Walmart/Target surveillance photos is this: An already busy DE initially dispatched that older cross country runner "friend" to go to Walmart to get the shovel. Unbeknownst to DE, a Feb 2014 larceny conviction gave birth to a permanent ban from Walmart for the runner, so that runner instead went to Target, but they were out of shovels. That would explain the "empty handed" exit from Target in the photo. DE then rounded-up NK to double-check Target, and eventually headed over to Walmart to quickly pickup that shovel. Hence, the friend's matching widows-peak hairline, round-Russian face, and pitch-black Baltimore Ravens sweater which can easily be seen in his series of WDBJ-7 interviews on 02/06/2016 defending Eisenhauer after the fact.

file.php

BB is who the prosecution referred to as "B.B.", the 16-year old girl from Roanoke that DE simultaneously had an affair with.
My theory of the Walmart/Target surveillance photos is this: An already busy DE initially dispatched that older cross country runner "friend" to go to Walmart to get the shovel. Unbeknownst to DE, a Feb 2014 larceny conviction gave birth to a permanent ban from Walmart for the runner, so that runner instead went to Target, but they were out of shovels. That would explain the "empty handed" exit from Target in the photo. DE then rounded-up NK to double-check Target, and eventually headed over to Walmart to quickly pickup that shovel. Hence, the friend's matching widows-peak hairline, round-Russian face, and pitch-black Baltimore Ravens sweater which can easily be seen in his series of WDBJ-7 interviews on 02/06/2016 defending Eisenhauer after the fact.

file.php

Who is this cross country person you are talking about? Who gets a permenant ban from Walmart, and would actually obey that ban? So CCR (cross country runner) is cool with concealing a murder, but not stepping foot in a Walmart (where they’d likely never be realized as someone who is “banned”).

“Round Russian face”? Smh.

file.php
Oops! When I posted BB’s name I didn’t realize she was the minor. I just got it off the court website. I never made the connection. The defense is calling her as a witness. Should be interesting since most of us thought she should be charged with something.

Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

Pettitt has objected to presenting any mental health diagnoses would affect the reliability of a confession. Mack is going into each one for Pettitt outside the hearing of the jury to determine if this testimony will be admitted as evidence.
Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

Mack may testify only about what disorders that Keepers have been diagnosed with may affect reliability of a criminal confession of a hypothetical person suffering from those disorders.

Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

Defense attorney is struggling to keep the doctor on track with court requirements. He's allowed only to talk about a hypothetical person with the same diagnoses as Keepers.

Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

Jury is back after some wrangling.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member