GUILTY VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, murdered, Blacksburg, 27 Jan 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

·
12s

In her rebuttal to Olin, Pettitt called it ridiculous that Keepers would talk for weeks with Eisenhauer about a plan to kill Lovell, go with him to buy a shovel and pick out a crime scene with him but not believe he would go through with the murder.
This would do it for me. As a Juror.

The defense urged the jury to focus on “reasonable doubt.” Keepers’ attorney Kris Olin reminded the jury that the Commonwealth has to not only prove their case but also disprove any other reasonable possibility.

Olin told the jury that the Commonwealth had to prove beyond reasonable doubt that Keepers shared David Eisenhauer’s criminal intent to kill Lovell and allegedly encouraged, aided, or incited Eisenhauer.

During his closing statement, Olin read statements from Keepers initial interrogation. Keepers had said that she didn’t think that Eisenhauer “would actually kill that girl” and that she was “just playing along with his fantasy.”

He also said that because Natalie didn’t know Nicole, she had no motive for the kill her. He said that Keepers “loved being part of the plan, not because it was a plan to murder but because it was a plan to be close to David.”

Olin told the jury that “playing along” is not the same as “shared intent.” “All that is required is a ‘maybe,'" he said.

Commonwealth Attorney, Mary Pettitt then gave her closing argument. At the end of her statement, she said that during her opening statements she told the jury she would ask them to find Natalie Keepers guilty. “I am absolutely asking you to find her guilty,” Pettitt said before returning to her seat.

During both the Commonwealth’s and the Defense’s closing statements, Natalie Keepers put her head down at times, sometimes wiping tears from her eyes or shaking her head.

UPDATE: Jury begins deliberating in Natalie Keepers trial

IMO Guilty
I think so too.

The mental illness might have been overplayed, imo. It seemed an overload of how many conditions the doc said she had, and I'm not sure the jury is going to appreciate the long list.

I didn't notice any testimony that she doesn't know right from wrong, unless I missed it. She knew it was wrong to murder, and "playing along with a fantasy" doesn't ring true if she was also offering to meet with NL. Why meet the victim in person if you're just pretend-playing her murder? Why buy a shovel if you're just pretending? You could pretend to buy a shovel instead of actually buying one.

jmo

Watch NK and her lawyer..,

Twitter

Twitter
I don't think the "she was a young person in love" or "she thought she had a best friend" defense gets her off the hook.

I think the jury is going to think she was indeed infatuated with DE, but went along with his REAL plans to please him. She knew the plans were real; she wasn't pretending.

jmo

edited to add: They found her guilty while I was typing this!

What the heck? Where does this "military knowledge" fit in?

jmo

I'm guessing DE was referencing NK's "military knowledge" based on NK's claim that a former boyfriend "was a military special ops leader recruited at age 17 to save the world". I guess the former boyfriend shared his "special op" secrets with NK (where's an eye-roll emoji when I need one?).

Keepers trial update Day 4: Case goes to jury

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back