GUILTY VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, murdered, Blacksburg, 27 Jan 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tonia Moxley
@ReporterToniaM

·
3m

Jensen, the assistant prosecutor, asked Keepers if she ever put her own siblings, who were under 16 years old, in the place of Nicole Lovell. She replied: No, because I didn't think it was really happening.
Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

·
2m

Commonwealth's Attorney Mary Pettitt tells the jury in her summation: "It's difficult to sit in judgement of someone else, and you can feel compassion."

As soon as her attorney brought up mental health, and then went overboard with it, he lost the jury. They were better off trying to blame the Columbian drug cartels for the grizzly stabbing and movement of the body after the fact.
------------
Still don't know why Judge Turk didn't write up Contempt of Court charge when Keepers screamed "Oh, she's in?!?", upon the mere sight of Miss B.

I tend to agree her attorneys went overboard with the mental health issues. As soon as PTSD was mentioned I did the eyeroll. Seems everyone has PTSD today. And this thing and that thing being a subcategory of this issue...please stop.

This is a young girl who clearly had issues, but she's not suffering from 7 different diagnoses of mental illness. She's a young girl like most girls entering college with insecurities. The majority of kids will struggle with balancing school and social by partying a bit too much or spreading themselves too thin with other activities and letting their grades slip.

It is unbelievably sad that in all that murder talk, planning, scoping out locations, buying tools and such, that she didn't once "snap back" after maybe a phone call from home. It's like David's predicament became her extracurricular activity and she ran with it without looking back. All kids need a form of escape in college -- it's an extremely competitive and stressful environment nowadays. It's just tragic she found an escape in planning something so heinous.

Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

Weeks: In a couple of years or months, you all will forget about this, "but this will forever haunt my family."
Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

The jury, during its deliberations, has come up with a question. Court is reconvening for the judge to hear it and respond.
Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

According to Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Patrick Jensen, it can take up to three months for a judge to pass a final sentence. Judge Bobby Turk is expected to sentence Keepers on the accessory before the fact charge and concealing a body charge at the same time.
Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

Correction: Patrick Jensen's official title is Chief Deputy Commonwealth's Attorney, not assistant commonwealth's attorney.
Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

Jury asked: What or where does the money go? Judge Turk says: "The reality is I don't know where all the money goes. This is a question I cannot answer."
Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

The jurors can recommend the judge impose a fine, as well as prison time on Keepers.
Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

To the jury on their question of where monies from a fine would go - to the family, for example, the judge told them it was an issue they should not concern themselves with and sent them back to their deliberations. Court is back in recess

@ReporterToniaM

Jury asked: What or where does the money go? Judge Turk says: "The reality is I don't know where all the money goes. This is a question I cannot answer."
Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

The jurors can recommend the judge impose a fine, as well as prison time on Keepers.
Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

To the jury on their question of where monies from a fine would go - to the family, for example, the judge told them it was an issue they should not concern themselves with and sent them back to their deliberations. Court is back in recess

Snipped.

Interesting question!

So sad...

Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

Lovell's mom, shown a photo of Nicole at a father-daughter dance with her grandpa said the pair were very close, that he was like her dad.
Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

He hasn't attended the trial and Nicole's death, "It's sucked the life out of him. He starts his day going to grave every single day, he cuts the grass so the mowers don't have to mess around with her headstone," Weeks said.

I would like to know what is on her mind to cause that look? To put it in nice terms. jmo

She's blinked strongly and constantly throughout the trial. I'm guessing due to her medications. I read such meds can causing vision blurring. Perhaps dry eyes, too? Anyway, videos show her looking like that photo constantly.

She's blinked strongly and constantly throughout the trial. I'm guessing due to her medications. I read such meds can causing vision blurring. Perhaps dry eyes, too? Anyway, videos show her looking like that photo constantly.
I think she has cried so much her eyes are swollen and it is a nervous tick she has. Don't know how this girl will do in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back