GUILTY VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, murdered, Blacksburg, 27 Jan 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Recap of the morning:

In her statements to police, the prosecution claimed Keepers said "she was a sociopath" and that Eisenhauer was a psychopath training her to become a psychopath as well. The defense's opening statement claims those statements were taken out of context and not what Keepers meant when she spoke to police. The defense said Keepers meant that she thought Eisenhauer thought she was a sociopath. The defense told the jury that the Commonwealth needed to prove beyond a reasonable doubt what Keepers intended. The defense tasked the jury to answer the question, "Did Natalie Keepers share David Eisenhauer's malicious desire to kill Nicole Lovell?"

Lovell's mother, Tammy Weeks-Dowdy was the first witness called by the prosecution. She was asked to recount what happened the day before Lovell was killed and the days following. With tears in her eyes, she identified Lovell's autopsy photos.

The prosecution also brought several law enforcement officers to the witness stand. One testified that Lovell's body was found off Route 89 about 2 miles into North Carolina. A Blacksburg Police Officer testified of the interrogation process of Keepers. He identified the consent form that Keepers signed giving permission to police to search her phone before she was under arrest. She said she'd communicated with Eisenhauer on several different platforms, including the Kik app. She said Eisenhauer's Kik username was "dr_tombstone."

The prosecution also called the medical examiner who performed Lovell's autopsy. Dr. Gayle Suzuki identified the wounds on Lovell's body. She said the lethal stab wound was to the left side of Lovell's neck. About halfway through the medical examiner's testimony, Lovell's mother left the courtroom.

During Blacksburg Police Detective Ryan Hite's testimony, the prosecution played several clips of Keepers talking with police. In the clips, the prosecution points out that Keepers was the first to say Lovell was dead though she never said Nicole Lovell's name. She also identified the body was located "near Eisenhauer's grandparents' house." She also described the location where Eisenhauer killed Lovell and how Eisenhauer committed the murder. She repeated multiple times in the video that she was not present when Eisenhauer killed Lovell. Hite said he pursued his interrogation because Keepers seemed to know key details and he believed she might have been a part of murdering Lovell. He also said Keepers story changed throughout their conversation and the inconsistencies were concerning.

Throughout Keepers' interrogation, she told police that Eisenhauer wanted to get rid of Lovell because he found out Lovell was 13 years old , not 16 like she had told him. Keepers said Eisenhauer talked through several plans with her. He wanted to make Lovell's death look like a suicide. She said "the outline of the plan was his, but he would bounce details of the plan" off of her.

Natalie Keepers trial begins in Montgomery County

???

Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

·
24s

Keepers has covered her face with her hand as audio played of her telling a wide-ranging story to police about a boyfriend who was in military black ops since the age of 17, and they asked him to save the world. "He's raided countries. He's stopped wars before they even started."

Crazy. She sounds like someone who has led a rather sheltered life, who hasn't been exposed to much in the way of diverse groups of people with different opinions.

She's really hunched over in that video clip, very defensive. Like she wants to disappear.

I still don't understand how she could easily lead LE to the site where Nicole was killed, having said she had only been there once. She's from out of town, hadn't gone to the university that long. Did she have a car of her own at school? The murder site is a pretty remote area away from campus.

There are also conflicting versions of her telling DE not to kill NL. The defense attorney says she tried to convince DE not to kill her, but in the tape of her interrogation with detectives she says she "intended" to tell him. Did she say something to him or not? I have my doubts.

About poor NL's autopsy, the lack of defensive wounds and head wound indicate she was knocked unconscious, I suppose. But the multiple stab wounds on her face and chest, the cuts on her face, then the fatal stabbing/severing of her jugular vein rather sound like two different people attacked her. One with superficial stabs and cuts, the other the fatal stab wound. One style hesitating, the other more decisive. OTOH, that could be one killer doing those things for different reasons. Either way, it sounds like overkill.

I need to go back and read details of DE's defense accounting of the murder.

I still say Keepers was there during. She told cops exactly where that body was, and at night time, and allegedly "having never been there before". She enjoyed every second of it

The predominantly male jury is not dumb all of a sudden

Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

·
14m

Scimeca tells Keepers he doesn't believe that her best friend, someone she described as her soul mate, was out killing someone but she was in her dorm asleep. "I don't believe that," the FBI agent said.
Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

·
6m

Keepers told police that she thought she took benadryl to help her sleep when Eisenhauer went to meet #NicoleLovell. She has said she was 75 percent sure he wouldn't go through with killing her.

Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

·
4m

Keepers talks about going with Eisenhauer to Target to buy a shovel "in case he needed to take care of her [Lovell]," but they had to go to Walmart to buy one.

Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

·
2m

Keepers: "As soon as I saw the body, I immediately went cold."
Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

·
55s

Keepers described meeting Eisenhauer at Ambler-Johnston Hall on the VT campus after news of Lovell's disappearance broke. He told Keepers he needed her help to make things right.

Her leading them to the site is interesting. I think stories have said she picked a spot, which I suspect is way out at Caldwell Fields where a previous unsolved double-murder was committed. Eisenhauer decided against going that far and chose a new spot. I'd guess due to ice. So, according to her, she picked a totally different murder site and only went to the real one once in the dark. Seems sketchy to me. Plus, we know his GPS showed him making a detour into a subdivision and stopping for around 15 minutes like he was meeting somebody.

Last edited:
Her leading them to the site is interesting. I think stories have said she picked a spot, which I suspect is way out at Caldwell Fields where a previous unsolved double-murder was committed. Due to ice, I suspect Eisenhauer decided against going that far and chose a new spot. So, according to her, she picked a totally different murder site and only went to the real one once in the dark. Seems sketchy to me. Plus, we know his GPS showed him making a detour into a subdivision and stopping for around 15 minutes like he was meeting somebody.

Yes, I was just thinking of that detour to a subdivision where his car stayed for a while. That still hasn't been explained, has it? Really odd that he did that.

Yes, I was just thinking of that detour to a subdivision where his car stayed for a while. That still hasn't been explained, has it? Really odd that he did that.
We may never know as the defense wanted some of these interrogation tapes not in evidence as it pertained to the concealment charge, but then asked for some to be entered into evidence. That's why they played some.

Testimony: Keepers not read Miranda rights until the second day of questioning
The defense entered into evidence interrogation video they previously filed a motion to keep out of court.

The jury was asked to leave while Judge Robert Turk discussed the matter with attorneys.

Although Turk previously ruled that video would not be allowed in court on behalf of the defense's motion because it related to Keeper's concealing of a body charge she already pleaded guilty to, he said if the defense wanted to enter it back into the court, that it was their discretion to do so.

In one clip of the video, when Detective Ryan Hite of the Blacksburg Police Department asked Natalie Keepers to tell the truth about what was happening, she answered, "He {Eisenhauer} forced me to."

Plus, we know his GPS showed him making a detour into a subdivision and stopping for around 15 minutes like he was meeting somebody.

The prosecution chose to ignore DE's lengthy pit-stop from Pheasant Run apartments over to "C&E Gun Shows" on 4225 Fortress Dr, and finally onto Craig Creek Road just before killing the girl. As most of the Sleuthers wondered in the first trial (1) what exactly did DE pickup and who gave it to him (2) was this that older cross country runner that supported DE on WDBJ-7 right out of the gate on 02/06/2016 (3) more appropriately, who did NK pickup at this location (4) is this mystery person the reason why the Target video was omitted.

I am completely tossing the theory out that she was hooked on benadryl and sound asleep back at Pheasant Run. Did NK have this "friend" order a pistol but the Blizzard of 2016 wreck the timing of the FedEx delivery? That's probably why the dynamic duo, or trio, was forced to go with the knife and unwanted mess to cleanup afterward.

file.php

Google Maps

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Keepers' parents are attending the trial? Just curious.

Wow. I didn’t keep up with the case during his trial, so I guess I missed a whole lot of new evidence/details. A stunt double? Sounds highly improbable to me but I’ll have to go search for the discussion that claims there is a stunt double. Hooked on Benadryl? I mean I guess that happens but seems just as far fetched as a stunt double. JMO

Wow. I didn’t keep up with the case during his trial, so I guess I missed a whole lot of new evidence/details. A stunt double? Sounds highly improbable to me but I’ll have to go search for the discussion that claims there is a stunt double. Hooked on Benadryl? I mean I guess that happens but seems just as far fetched as a stunt double. JMO
If you find a source for any of that, post it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back