GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.roanoke.com/news/local/p...cle_86971938-fb24-5957-9562-89fb1f087864.html

That is quite a bit of time gap between what was originally reported and now it being 7AM. That means there was a good 3 and half hours that she was not around. I'm not saying the parents are guilty. I just find it odd that now 4 days later the time he was last seen has now changed. That's almost 4 hours that went by.

It is a big difference but sometimes media gets it wrong. It turns out there was no other male child seen with Noah and now the Pokeman cards. I'm afraid we want more info so badly and hope it will help find Noah but unless something is reported by more than one media outlet or comes from LE, I don't place a lot of importance on it.

JMO

New flyer from Facebook page

664d87b42da1d3ede55b6f4cf8754fac.jpg

I don't think you're to blame for musing about that. A healthy 5 year old WOULD roam if something caught their eye. I'm not sure why family keeps insisting he wouldn't wander. A normal 5 year old WILL wander if they take an interest in something. Unless he's been diagnosed with some anxiety disorder that doesn't allow him to step off his front porch, I think it's safe to say he'd wander.

I had the run of a huge property in a rural area between the ages of 3.5 and 5. It was bordered by nothing but road on one side, and a stormwater drain on the other. I never went past either of those borders (and usually went nowhere near them) because my elders put the fear of god into me about the dangers of the road and the drain. So, I think there are SOME kids who won't. But then maybe I was an overly anxious child, or maybe an unusually obedient one - something I often ponder when my own kids get up to mischief I'd never have dreamed of getting away with myself...

Tweet asking people in the area to leave their porch lights on for Noah.

This has gone on for too long. I still had hope this morning but can't find any now.

My thoughts are- he watched TV so Mom and infant could sleep. Got bored with that and went outside.

Could he have walked into the woods, got turned around and he's lost? It's possible. moo

Could someone have seen him and he went willingly and something bad happened? It's possible. moo

Are there abandoned water wells?

Open septic tank systems?

So much danger for a little 5 year old boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 days without food or water isn't good.Could he have fallen in a hole somewhere,or crawled into something and got stuck?I hope the neighbors have all checked around their properties for anything a 5 yr old could crawl into.If he got stuck somewhere hes probably too far away from the persons house to be able to hear him cry.

Gil Harrington, father to Morgan Harrington will speak at the vigil on Sunday.

026085beca2172e3ac3e32e62cea5654.jpg

Do kids play pokemon anymore? Honestly, this is kind of bizarre. My kids played pokemon about 18 years ago.

Do they think he was carrying a tin of pokemon cards because for some reason they can't locate that thing, or is it something he plays with every day and so that being missing would indicate he had it? Is this just a red herring that has no place in his case? Who says "a tin"?

edited to add: I think this was some weird string of words that was added to his Missing and Exploited Children's entry. I've seen some of the oddest things on their entries, including "she still has all her baby teeth" in a missing 40 year old's profile.

My 8 yr old was obsessed with them at 6-7. Apparently, in the rural areas, it's still big. Even my dad said that when he went to buy them, people said it's out dated. Lol maybe so, but they love them here. JMO

I had the run of a huge property in a rural area between the ages of 3.5 and 5. It was bordered by nothing but road on one side, and a stormwater drain on the other. I never went past either of those borders (and usually went nowhere near them) because my elders put the fear of god into me about the dangers of the road and the drain. So, I think there are SOME kids who won't. But then maybe I was an overly anxious child, or maybe an unusually obedient one - something I often ponder when my own kids get up to mischief I'd never have dreamed of getting away with myself...

I would call the "run of a huge property" wandering. You wandered. Which is normal for that age.

Noah's family seems to be saying he wouldn't leave the teeniest little area. I think he did.

Dehydration after four days is a big worry...not so much food, though soon it will be, assuming he is out in the elements...

Has anyone better at this than me been able to find an online police scanner for Pulaski Co VA or Dublin?

4 days without food or water isn't good.Could he have fallen in a hole somewhere,or crawled into something and got stuck?I hope the neighbors have all checked around their properties for anything a 5 yr old could crawl into.If he got stuck somewhere hes probably too far away from the persons house to be able to hear him cry.

Dehydration after four days is a big worry...not so much food, though soon it will be, assuming he is out in the elements...

As wet as the ground is in this area I imagine that he would have no problem finding puddles or other areas where water has collected. We had floods a few weeks ago also and all the creeks are still above normal levels. There is actually still snow covering the ground in a lot of the local wooded areas. We had a brutal winter.

ADMIN NOTE: Sleuthing family members' social media is OFF LIMITS. Do it on your own if you wish, but DO NOT talk about it here. This is a FINAL WARNING for those of you who have been here long enough to know better. And I know for a fact that you do!

Since I threw out the "school bus on the wrong day thing" I just want to say that it was never presented as a fact to be "bought". I was simply trying to come up with a reason why a child that, according to his aunt, would never wander away might have wandered out alone. I wasn't suggesting that it was his normal routine but frankly we have no idea about what was normal in his home since his parents are not talking.
Someone else said it best earlier when they said that "children never do until they do".

Oh, I wasnt directing it towards you. It was mentioned a few times and I didnt mean to say you were trying to sell anyone anything, I just meant in my own mind, I would think people would have mentioned if that was common. With Jenise Wright, immediately it was stated that it was common for her to be hanging around the trailer park unattended. I'm from New Orleans, so I talk a little funny. I'm super sorry if it came off as I was implying that your theory or possibility should be written off. Although, I sincerely hope this 5 year old was not used to getting himself to a bus stop on time while his mom slept. Especially since they are awake right before bus stop time, bringing dad to work for 7am. Again, I'm sorry! :)

I call the metal boxes those cards come in tins. Pokemon is making a comeback and kids and teens everywhere are playing again.

I was walking past a park yesterday and I saw a few 5 or 6 yr old boys sitting on the grass, with all their pokemon cards spread out. I was surprised because my kids played that too at that age and they are 22 and 26 now!

Catching up... and this is the first time I've read that he was carrying a tin of Pokemon cards! Hmmmmmmm......perhaps that is what they are/were looking for at the landfill/dump. (?)

I don't in live in that county of VA, but our weather, and land isn't much different. The most disturbing thing to me, and the part that made me not want to closely follow this thread is lack of footprints! I have those rubber boots, and they leave a pattern. We've had so much snow, and rain that everything is one huge muddy mess. But that should show excellent foot prints as well!!

Dogs...I love dogs. But dogs are like people and can be wrong. No matter how well trained a dog is, it can still have an 'off' day. When the area around the home is being searched, it would be difficult for a dog to say when the tracks were left, if they were heading north or south, east or west. They can pick up a scent, and show the sent stopped. But you're also relying on the handler reading the dog's responses. I'm not discounting their abilities, I'm only saying we've seen the dogs/handlers be wrong in many cases. Sometimes a person found feet from where the dogs were looking, and the dogs didn't alert. We've seen cases were different dogs received different information....so then which dog do you believe?

If Noah typically played in the yard, and typically waited on the bus at a particular place, the scent would be heavy in that area, and I would expect a dog to pick up on that. Ever watch a beagle rabbit hunt? Ever heard of 'cold tracking'? Most beagles LOVE to hunt. Some will only pick rabbit scents, and others will pick up any wildlife scent. A cold tracking beagle is frustrating to a hunter, because the track might be days or weeks old, and yet that beagle is bound and deteremined that it's hot on the heels of a rabbit!

Pokomon, yup huge again. Two nephews asked for those for Christmas. My son is over 20 now, and still had a huge box of them. Divided them among those kids and you never seen such happiness. Cards their friends didn't have. Never understood that game myself, but bought plenty of the cards over the years.

Anyone know if Noah had a dog? Sometimes a kid will follow them off, or go to let the dog out and it takes off, and they try to catch it.

As everyone here, the longer this goes with no signs of Noah, the more worried we get. Trackers should be finding something of his at this point. Discarded clothing, footprints, something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinatrue