GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is really hard to look at that sweet face and think of him being lost somewhere. I don't think he ran off though. I wonder if all of the neighbors have been thoroughly vetted by LE?

I assume all of the wells in this (rural) area have been checked.

Link? First I've heard of mom working. Seems awful to have mom work overnight, dad work in the daytime and have no help with the childcare.

That's a terrible situation to be in, but surely if someone works all night, there is no way they can stay awake all day to look after children properly. Not blaming the mum, as she obviously didn't want to be in that position - who would?

But was Noah spending hours each day unsupervised as his mum had to catch up on sleep? Could he have been going outside without mum knowing, if she had to sleep in the day. He could have been seen on his own in the garden regularly by someone, who clocked that there was never a parent around?

I don't know how to word this .... but .... could something have happened earlier than reported (and mum just assumed he was watching tv as she heard it on for example) or it is a definite sighting at 9.30am? I know it must be hard to confirm with just one sleepy mum to verify it.

Just thinking that after a nightshift, no way could I just nap. I'd have been asleep for a good few hours, if I'd gone to bed after being up all night.

She must be totally exhausted if she was regularly working nights, and doing the childcare all day.

Kids never behave a certain way, until they do. They don't know how to unlock the deadbolt, until they do. They won't wander off on their own, until they do. Life is about discovery, pushing our boundaries is what we do as we grow. If we never surprised our parents we'd remain toddlers in terms of experience and ability. Just because he never acted a certain way doesn't mean he didn't.
Exactly. In a similar situation, where my 5 year old was left in the lounge watching tv while I settled my baby in the nursery (this would happen daily in our house and she knew the rules about never answering the door), I heard a voice call out followed by my 5yo, who knows not to open the door to strangers, opening the door. Of course I immediately ran out and everything was fine, it was just a salesman who my 5yo thought sounded like her daddy. I was so shocked that she'd unlocked and opened the door for a stranger but it Goes to show that you just can't predict what kids will do sometimes...

Still no news on little Noah.

I really think if he had wandered off and got lost near his home, he would have been found by now. LE had been searching within 2 miles of the property, and with all the searchers and helicopters etc, I think they would have found him.

Still praying for a miracle little man x

It's vry cold this morning. Where on earth is he??

Link? First I've heard of mom working. Seems awful to have mom work overnight, dad work in the daytime and have no help with the childcare.
You do what you have to do. That does not make it easier or less tiring. RN 1987

I would not assume that. Sometimes there are still open wells where grass, weeds, etc., have grown around and covered up the opening. If this has been private farm land, there is no way to know where all the past wells are.

Still no news on little Noah.

I really think if he had wandered off and got lost near his home, he would have been found by now. LE had been searching within 2 miles of the property, and with all the searchers and helicopters etc, I think they would have found him.

Still praying for a miracle little man x
Following so many of these cases, I have learned kids his age can and do walk miles and miles. He had a few hours on the searchers. They have to grid search starting at the place last seen, but they must realize the distance he could have traveled in a relatively short time. This makes finding roaming children quite difficult and sometimes ends with tragic results. We have not heard of a single sighting of little Noah which is also extremely troubling. They have no direction to search.

It is possible that Noah did open the door to someone he thought he knew and grabbed his jacket to go out with the person. This could be one explanation of why no one has seen him. If taken via car, it is going to be a long and possibly fruitless search. They still have to try.

Unless the people who own them have checked them...probably not. LE's focus will be on the grid search and if a well is found within the search area...it will be checked. LE already sent divers into the pond nearby and came back with nothing. It is a painstakingly slow process to clear areas where children could hide or be in danger.

Nancy Grace covered this tonight............still searching
mom said he didn't have coat on when she last saw him, but on looking around house his coat was missing.............
JMOO, mother of boys here, at age 5.........I had to remind them to "get your coat on" no matter how cold it is..............
still reminding teen grandsons o do that also...............
Someone could have told him to put on the jacket if they approached him at the door with a promise of taking him somewhere special. The jacket does suggest that someone else could be involved in this situation, imo.

Has it been reported anywhere else that his jacket is missing? I don't really consider Nancy Grace a good source. I've seen her twist and make-up things in other cases.

Has it been reported anywhere else that his jacket is missing? I don't really consider Nancy Grace a good source. I've seen her twist and make-up things in other cases.
It was in the initial report from LE. It did not come from NG. However, it was said the mother at first did not realize it was missing and he was not wearing it last time she saw him watching tv.

It is supposed to rain here today and I imagine that the forecast is pretty similar in Pulaski. I hope that this sweet child isn't off somewhere lost or injured in this weather. The only bright spot is that it is supposed to be in the low 60's today and low 50's overnight.
That pond is really bothering me. I wish that they would drain it and completely rule it out. If he took off walking for some reason he could have been a good distance from the search area before LE was ever notified given the loose time frame though.
Some were talking about the possibility of Mom working overnight and being expected to stay up all day - I know many couples in this area where that it is the arrangement. They really have no other choice. Mom likely would have went to bed and slept all evening after Dad came home. It happens far to often, especially if the 3rd shift worker only works weekends. Until the infant was born she would have been able to sleep while Noah was in school and maybe she hadn't adjusted to her new sleep schedule yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His jacket must be missing from the house - otherwise they wouldn't report that he's wearing it. Maybe I don't understand your question?

The public spokesperson for LE said they were now searching a landfill quite a ways north of where Noah went missing and repeatedly said there was no lead to the search. They were asking for public help, but LE will scale back to more professionals as the day continues.

He stated emphatically the parents are distraught and being extremely cooperative with LE.

He did discuss the possibility of Noah going in a vehicle away from the scene and used the term, "could deduce that", but no confirmation or information regarding such.

Noah's mother woke at 10:30am-10:35 and made a search of the house before calling 911. LE arrived shortly after 11:00am to begin their search for Noah.

Spokesperson emphasized they are still searching for a LIVE Noah and they want to bring him home safely. Stated the entire community is distraught especially at Noah's school. He said LE and others share the view of searching for Noah until he is found.

He was visibly upset with reports coming in from social media which he stated were "fabrications" and people knew they were not being "helpful" in this case. They have "few leads" which were credible and being checked out. He repeated LE in saying it was extremely frustrating.

To his knowledge, the parents have not retained a lawyer.

The pond was searched first by helicopter and there were zero footprints or other indications of activity around the pond. There would have been evidence due to the muddy conditions. They sent divers in anyway and are relatively certain Noah was never there.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/watch-live-backup-livestreaming/25755784

Thanks for the summary, SS. I'd like to add that the LSA time is 7:30am - 8:00am at which time the mom dozed off. The 9:00-9:30 time is no longer accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AgentA