GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It says it was a 2 lb. plastic lid so I can see it feasable Noah could have removed it,but not get it back on. I really thought this could have been a tragic accident. However. If the lid was put back in place,I don't see it as possible. Didn't we hear in the begining that Noah was with another child? Has this been verified or discounted. If there was another child were they being inquisitive and it was a tragic accident. Could Noah have fallen in and the other child panicked and put the lid back?

I wondered about that, too. The information about him being with another child just seems to have faded out but we never learned if it was accurate or if it was someone else, etc.

Is there a presser due?
I can't believe this came from a tip?
So someone knew enough to call in and report it, wonder if someone seen some strange behaviour around the septic tank, I don't want to think someone witnessed it and said nothing for days.
I agree, my mind can't fathom somebody not saying anything.

I'm trying real hard to zip it concerning my feelings on why it took 5 days to do what should've been done at least Monday or Tuesday. SMH

You are not alone. My jaw aches right now from clamping it shut.

Dang, this article states that the FBI had already removed a TWO LB plastic cover off of the septic tank, saw sludge and called the sanitation company to drain it. TWO LBS????? Sorry, I'm so angry right now I'm about to implode. I'll cool it for a few.

I know. The minute they realised it was of a weight a 5 year old could lift, it should have been immediately drained.

That said, as it appears that the cover was put back on, I'm not believing that Noah lifted it

Outside, playing with an older kid, they go explore, Noah falls in, the older kid panics and puts the lid back, runs home to the parents and after some time confesses to what happened?

Outside, playing with an older kid, they go explore, Noah falls in, the older kid panics and puts the lid back, runs home to the parents and after some time confesses to what happened?

I totally think this could happen!

That's what I've been thinking. Especially with the first reports Noah was seen with another child.

I know. The minute they realised it was of a weight a 5 year old could lift, it should have been immediately drained.

That said, as it appears that the cover was put back on, I'm not believing that Noah lifted it

I agree, a septic tank rep has stated that those plastic covers are still bolted down.

"Phillips says regardless of the size and weight of the lid most are buried, so you have to use a shovel to get to them and some type of tool to remove them from the tank.

"The covers vary according to who makes them but all the ones we use are plastic. The same size of a manhole, a circular lid. And they are all bolted down to the pipe that brings it to the surface with 6-10 bolts,” Phillips said."

Police say they got a hard and credible tip that they needed to look inside the 1,000-gallon septic tank behind the family home.

~Snip~

Sheriff Jim Davis, through the Pulaski County public information officer, said that FBI agents and Pulaski County investigators had already removed the two-pound plastic lid. They saw sludge, put the lid back on, and called the company to come drain the tank.

~Snip~

We also reached out to three local septic tank maintenance businesses to find out how accessible the lids are to the general public.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/sanitation-technician-describes-discovery-of-noah-thomas/32052894

These are not absolutes. The person speaking did not know for certain LE removed the lid or if it was already off. They are going under an assumption. LE did replace it and wait for them to arrive.

The three companies contacted have no direct knowledge of that particular septic tank and their quotes should not have been used in this article. We already know the owner who spoke is wrong in his assessment of the lid being concrete and the weight. Not only that, but not buried. (He was so wrong about everything I am really ashamed of the reporter for letting it stand.)

Back to this being a credible and hard tip means someone knew something or saw something. Wow. Before we jump to conclusions about the reward money and the timing...we don't know when they received that tip or if they had a long list of tips ahead of it. It could have nothing to do with reward at all and could have been overlooked days ago for that matter.

It wasn't just a light weight cap over the septic, it was BOLTED on.
""The covers vary according to who makes them but all the ones we use are plastic. The same size of a manhole, a circular lid. And they are all bolted down to the pipe that brings it to the surface with 6-10 bolts,”

Me too! Unless it was someone watching the search and they didn't feel it had been checked? I don't know what's worse, thinking this was an awful accident with his last moments being spent in a septic tank or that someone harmed him and could place his precious body there...God I hate these cases.

I hate them also. I realized my heart is pounding with every tweet and update that is posted.

IF he did wander outside and their was another child....

I could see another child saying, you look in it, and a stumble, and I can almost certainly think if this child was just a bit older even, getting scared of getting into trouble. "I told you not to play there! "

Sheesh, now I wish the Sheriff would speak up!

Yes, that's whst I was saying. Maybe the tip came from the child that was with Noah.

I thought the same thing. Noah was found with his Pokémon card tin.

My son loves his Pokémon cards and he always wants to show his cards to other kids..

Maybe Noah looked out the window and saw a friend, and then ran out of the house to go play and show his friend his Pokémon card/tin..

The older child theory sounds very plausible.....accident??? If so, how will the neighborhood recover?

It wasn't just a light weight cap over the septic, it was BOLTED on.
""The covers vary according to who makes them but all the ones we use are plastic. The same size of a manhole, a circular lid. And they are all bolted down to the pipe that brings it to the surface with 6-10 bolts,”
Correction. It was only stated as an assumption as it was "supposed to be" bolted on. I have not seen anyone being quoted as it was definitely bolted on this particular septic tank.

If there was another child, or more kids in that area, it would be crucial to the investigation and I can see why they'd want that shut down in the media at the beginning. Just spectulating, but that's what makes sense to me.

O/T but Amanda Knox's conviction overturned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the same thing. Noah was found with his Pokémon card tin - were there cards in it?
My son loves his Pokémon cards and he always wants to show his cards to other kids..
I haven't seen anywhere Noah was found with his Pokemon tin or with anything else. Where did you hear this info?

The accident with another child involved certainly seems plausible. Older child's scared, put the lid back on and run home. He's maybe only confessed to his parents and there's the tip.
Interesting to learn if the lid was screwed back on, I can't see a young child thinking to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy