GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious if the Father was scheduled to work on a Sunday..

The mother dropped the father off at work on a Sunday morning...

Work that starts on a Sunday morning is usually shift work: store/hotel/restaurant/IT Support/Factory/Farm help/shipping/religious...

Ground level means the tank is in the ground, the lid is ground level, and in that mess of grass shown in photos. I'll bet the tank was never checked, they didn't want to look stupid, so they said they looked in at first and just saw sludge. I think the hard credible tip was the landowner said it was covered in the sod, and since it was "five" days later maybe they should check it. JMO

I also believe the Sheriff had heard from numerous people Noah played outside all the time never being watched, so he probably wandered off and why he was so focused on him being found off property. I know a previous renter from the house in front talked to LE. He might want to check his attitude, he's an elected official, and the community wants answers. I've read many comments of people who live there, and they're worried their kids might be in danger and want to know if it was an accident, or not.

I was thinking about that the other day. He has a way of being very condescending to people who are wanting (and trying!) to help. Those "armchair" comments really rubbed me the wrong way. Of course everyone understand that he is under a great deal of pressure, but this is still a community. I don't live in the area, but if I did, I'd want to know if it was safe to let my kids outside to play.

Do we know for sure that only mom, Noah and baby were in the home that morning? If the parents' statements are true we have a 7am to 10:30 am window for all this to have happened. If not an accident, how many people would know the location of the septic and that Noah played outdoors often with his mom indoors? Landlord, current renters, previous renters, visitors of renters and landlord, anyone doing work on property. At first I was thinking only a few would know but the list is much longer. If I was local with kids or grandkids I would be terrified with so little information from LE.

To add to your timeline: No one outside the family saw Noah in public after their Saturday night outing..

"Noah was in school on Friday, and video surveillance shows the family out in public on Saturday evening, Davis said. White and Thomas are Noah’s biological parents, according to Anthony Akers, assistant county administrator for Pulaski County.
“We have family statements, and their timeline, and we have that to work with. Noah was alive and well on the evening before,” Davis said earlier Thursday."

http://www.tricities.com/news/missin...9ed597b0b.html

Kinda funny that it could have been one of the "armchair" people who tipped law enforcement off.

Kinda funny that it could have been one of the "armchair" people who tipped law enforcement off.

agreed - the tip was probably just advising LE to check the septic tank and drain it..

I don't believe that the tipster was involved and knew Noah was there....

I bet part of LE being tight lipped is that they are not happy that they did not check the septic tank right away. ..

agreed - the tip was probably just advising LE to check the septic tank and drain it..

I don't believe that the tipster was involved and knew Noah was there....

I bet part of LE being tight lipped is that they are not happy that they did not check the septic tank right away. ..

But, in reality, how many police departments go about DRAINING septic tanks as soon as someone goes missing?? That's a huge job. I don't think anyone should be blaming LE (not saying you are). Even if they'd drained it within the first hour, it would have been too late.

I think media would get wind if any arrests were made over the weekend, jmo.

But, in reality, how many police departments go about DRAINING septic tanks as soon as someone goes missing?? That's a huge job. I don't think anyone should be blaming LE (not saying you are). Even if they'd drained it within the first hour, it would have been too late.

Especially if lid WAS in place and looked undisturbed.

I think that too deemarie, that septic tank should have been drained on day 1, even just for to rule it out!

I'm curious, do all trailers need to be connected to a septic tank? Forgive my ignorance, but I have no experience of trailers/mobile homes.

I was just thinking if they are always connected to a tank, then there's no way that LE could have not known to look for one, iykwim.

It says armchair legal analysts? I took that as Lawyers?

I agree, I wouldn't have thought of the septic tank if that were to happen around here (tanks are underground). I'm trying to figure out the sheriff's angle...he didn't want the public speculating (but that might have been where the tip came from). He's fiercely protective of the family (which is a good thing since so many seem to be "against" them). I wonder if he's related to the family, or something? There's something just so odd.

They drained Myers Lake in Evansdale IA when Lyric & Elizabeth went missing, even though NO ONE thought they were in the lake, their scent didn't lead to the lake, there were no shoes next to the lake, no evidence they went into the lake, had never been in that lake before. Yet they drained the lake.

The info we were provided stated that Noah wandered away, that begins by searching outwards, starting with any and every place a child could be, IMO that includes the septic tank, whether or not he was able to access it himself. They sent a dive team into a pond, but didn't check the septic tank in the yard.

Honestly, LE's response in this case has been incredibly confusing. The need to mention "rumors" in nearly every press conference is odd. Until Noah's body was found, I thought LE had a strong idea of where Noah was or what had happened and were just biding their time until his body was located. After his body was found, it seemed (to me at least) that they were shocked that Noah was found on the property and hadn't prepared themselves for that eventuality or what it might mean in regards to involvement by the family. LE seemed very defensive of the parents, repeatedly mentioning they were grieving, etc. Meanwhile LE is getting blasted on SM first for not issuing an amber alert, and second for not checking the septic tank.

It says armchair legal analysts? I took that as Lawyers?

He was talking about social media and mentioned things being posted as rumor and people's opinions. He very well could be doing this for a reason and we'll find out why later, it's just very frustrating to the public.

I hope we hear something more definitive tomorrow. How did this little boy wind up in that septic tank?

It is my opinion that the lid of this septic tank was not visible and was under some grass/sod. I find it hard to believe that dozens of LE professionals would all repeatedly walk past a visible septic tank opening and not have it thoroughly searched first thing. It wouldn't have taken a "tip" to lead them in that direction if the opening had been visible enough a 5 yr old could have found it and fallen in accidentally.

Question : Can you gauge how long the search effort will continue?

Sheriff : It will eventually dwindle. You'll run out of people, resources and hope over time. Armchair legal analysts want us to search a certain area, I ask them why. If you can tell me why.

Sheriff : It will eventually dwindle. You'll run out of people, resources and hope over time. Armchair legal analysts want us to search a certain area, I ask them why. If you can tell me why.

Guess he knows why now. ~shrug~

I would love to know why the Sheriff was so anti Social Media. As a local I can say without a doubt that SM did far more to get Noah out there than any of the local news did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For what it's worth, I doubt it was the septic tank, that was the area. And I think all the talk of rumors and stuff at the press conference was a direct response to people calling in about stupid things they read on facebook. It would probably be massively frustrating to have to sift through "leads" and they are all about what some idiot said to fuel the gossip mill behind a screen.

Even when the FBI showed up the septic wasn't searched right away. As quickly as people want to chastise local LE, they are not the only LE involved here. Until the tip, NONE of the organizations were searching that tank. In the beginning, they had what resources they had. If I'm trying to not waste precious time, I will drain a pond over draining a covered and undisturbed tank. (If it was that way.)

When we don't hear what we want, we are so quick to criticize everything LE does. It has happened in case after case and in most, there are answers. I really don't understand why we as a group of people who have witnessed countless investigations we are frustrated with, yet yield results...can be a bit bigger and not use our frustration for more information as an excuse to constantly bash these LE. Don't forget this is a nightmare for them, they will probably never not see in their head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member