GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AW's sister, who is a nurse, seems to have, as a rule, distanced herself from the drama and criminal element(s) in the family. I wouldn't be surprised if she has the Baby A, and from all the information I've come across about her, (which IS limited - I don't think she puts herself out there too much) I don't get the impression she would be inclined to announce anything on Facebook. Which is a good thing, in my opinion. :)

That is a very good point!

Marking my spot ....... and hoping for true justice for Noah !
Also hoping his little sister will continue to be SAFE !!
EVERY child deserves a secure, snug place to call home , and be properly looked after.

In the state I worked in, when a child was taken into protective custody we had to at least explore relatives and document that we tried. Many times, the child would be put into foster care and a hearing would be held within 30 days of the date they were removed to determine if the child was to stay in care or if a suitable family member could be found.

What factors determine if the family member was "suitable?" And any idea if Virginia has a similar system?

WDBJ7 has some video of Ashley Thomas arriving for her hearing: http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/mother-of-noah-thomas-to-appeal-bond-denial/32426680

ETA: Sorry, I see courtneyb already posted the link...well, now you know it has footage of Ashley.

WSLS

The Commonwealth stated Tuesday there was a small amount of marijuana found at the home during a search. Social Services still has custody of the couple's infant, Abigal. Noah's father, Paul Thomas, also admitted to police he smoked marijuana on April 1, 2015, which was in the middle of the investigation and on the day of Noah's funeral.

http://www.wsls.com/story/28844412/judge-to-hear-appeal-from-mother-in-noah-thomas-case

WSLS

The Commonwealth stated Tuesday there was a small amount of marijuana found at the home during a search. Social Services still has custody of the couple's infant, Abigal. Noah's father, Paul Thomas, also admitted to police he smoked marijuana on April 1, 2015, which was in the middle of the investigation and on the day of Noah's funeral.

http://www.wsls.com/story/28844412/judge-to-hear-appeal-from-mother-in-noah-thomas-case

That is one dedicated pot smoker... to keep marijuana in your home and smoke it when you are being monitored 24/7 during the investigation of your missing child is a unnecessarily risky decision. It makes me think that there may have been a lot worse in that house that was disposed of, if not getting rid of all the marijuana was a "safer" drug to be caught with.

I don't condemn anyone for smoking marijuana as a standalone event. I actually do not have a problem with normal, responsible people who smoke pot.

I had entertained the idea that the marijuana found in the home was maybe just like a small piece of a joint or something in an ashtray or something, that the parents forgot about or didn't realize it was there.

But, since PT admits to smoking pot after that, that leads me to think that AW and PT (one or both) were likely aware of any and all marijuana in their home and probably partook more as a habit than a once in a while type thing. And, it's my experience that whatever someone confesses to, that there is usually exponentially more related info that they are likely not telling, not confessing to.

It's like if someone is feeling pressured and accused of a lot of things, they feel like if they confess to just a little bit of the not so bad stuff, it will release some of that pressure and satisfy whoever is accusing them. In actuality, all it does it expose a little chink in the armor. Then, they confess to a little bit more and then a little bit more and it snowballs until the truth eventually all comes out.

I keep waiting for one of them to crack, and tell the whole truth, whatever that entails. It's my opinion, based on their decision-making regarding the drug use and the timing of some of the drug use we know about and regarding leaving their child(ren) home alone, that the gravity/full scope of the situation may not have really hit home yet. It may be a while yet... I think their behavior indicates a major disconnect with any rational thought process.

WSLS

I hope this doesn't sound too strange but I don't know if that is the worst thing in the world. The people I know who are habitual pot smokers do it when they need to relax like before dental appointments or stressful meetings. I imagine he uses it an emotional crutch. I am also not surprised he admitted it considering his circumspect nature.

I hope this doesn't sound too strange but I don't know if that is the worst thing in the world. The people I know who are habitual pot smokers do it when they need to relax like before dental appointments or stressful meetings. I imagine he uses it an emotional crutch. I am also not surprised he admitted it considering his circumspect nature.

I agree with you.. I know a lot of normal everyday people who smoke pot, and I don't see a problem with it at all.

I do find that I tend to see 2 types of people who smoke pot, for the most part:

1. The "normal" everyday, responsible people who either enjoy smoking or smoke because it helps them relax or offers relief from some medical issue.

2. Those that routinely engage in or are addicted to, harder drugs, but smoke pot to come down or to sleep, to enhance the effects of their drug of choice, or if their drug of choice isn't readily available.

Of course, some from group 2 may smoke on occasion to counteract stress, but you see my point...

If I had to, right now, put AW and PT into one of those two categories, I'd have to go with group #2 all day long.

I agree with you.. I know a lot of normal everyday people who smoke pot, and I don't see a problem with it at all.

I do find that I tend to see 2 types of people who smoke pot, for the most part:

1. The "normal" everyday, responsible people who either enjoy smoking or smoke because it helps them relax or offers relief from some medical issue.

2. Those that routinely engage in or are addicted to, harder drugs, but smoke pot to come down or to sleep, to enhance the effects of their drug of choice, or if their drug of choice isn't readily available.

Of course, some from group 2 may smoke on occasion to counteract stress, but you see my point...

If I had to, right now, put AW and PT into one of those two categories, I'd have to go with group #2 all day long.
Well I like your in depth analysis here. It sure fits anyways.

Denied, denied, denied! In my un-legal, layman's opinion, considering their son, Noah, disappeared, then their daughter removed from their care, then admitting to lying to officers who were there to help find their son, who then happens to be found in the septic tank on the property, it's my opinion they are both right where they need to be :jail:

Maybe in similar felony neglect/abuse cases, the parents would have been granted bond, as PT atty stated last week, but why would innocent parents lie to police officers, who are at your home for the sole purpose of searching for your missing son,after you called them thereto help find him??!! And then it just so happens he's found days later in the septic tank on the property?

I was pretty shocked at the dramatic difference in her appearence today, compared to her mug shot from only 17 days ago. I realize when a person is removed from a possibly unhealthy lifestyle, the changes in appearence alone are obvious, but it's only been 17 days since first seeing her in a mug shot! Her face alone looks as if she's gained 30 pounds since then!! I'm off to catch up on reading posts again...

This is my 2nd WS post but have been following from the first thread. I hope there are answers soon and Justice for Noah.

:thewave: welcome spy!

If there was anything faulty, or if the assembly on the lid of the tank was not child-proof...I think we would have heard about it, for safety reasons. So either it was left wide open or he was placed in there. No other options, Imo.

Marking my spot ....... and hoping for true justice for Noah !
Also hoping his little sister will continue to be SAFE !!
EVERY child deserves a secure, snug place to call home , and be properly looked after.

I just hope baby A is being shown lots of love in the foster home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I see the creepy people are back on the Noah FB page (STH) suggesting his grave be turned into a sandbox. *smh*

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1038287759532487&set=o.1608785619338628&type=1&theater

I'm trying to get caught up but this again? Really? What in the world makes a group of Internet strangers think they have the right to turn a child's grave into a McD's play area? Will they be charging admission to those want to visit the litter box? If they were wise they would close comments on that page and simply post updates but if they were wise they wouldn't be discussing these ridiculous ideas to start with.
O/T but so happy to see you back Courtney. I missed you terribly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there was anything faulty, or if the assembly on the lid of the tank was not child-proof...I think we would have heard about it, for safety reasons. So either it was left wide open or he was placed in there. No other options, Imo.

What you're saying stands to reason - except we've seen where it DID happen before. I wish I could find this case, but I've looked and can't. I think it was Florida, about 5 years ago. A curious little boy lifted a septic tank top (reminder - this septic tank lid on Noah's property was NOT secured with bolts - the first responders were able to lift the lid and look in with no apparent difficulty), squatted down on the edge of the opening, fell in, and when he fell in the tank top closed on top of the opening. Since it has happened before, it seems it could happen again. Of course, we are not being given information about the tank top except to say it's blue, plastic, and weighs about 2 pounds.

Not strange at all. It's certainly not the worst thing in the world. It somehow seems disrespectful to Noah to me. I doubt that LE and Child Protective Services look favorably at that. Probably not the judge either. JMO

I'm trying to get caught up but this again? Really? What in the world makes a group of Internet strangers think they have the right to turn a child's grave into a McD's play area? Will they be charging admission to those want to visit the litter box? If they were wise they would close comments on that page and simply post updates but if they were wise they wouldn't be discussing these ridiculous ideas to start with.
O/T but so happy to see you back Courtney. I missed you terribly!

OT for just this quick post...
Awww, thanks! You are my favorite philosopher friend, hands down!

Maybe not "hands down". I think that phrase has been corrupted now. [emoji4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members