VA - Scott Fricker, 48, & Buckley Kuhn-Fricker, 43, slain, Reston, 22 Dec 2017 *daughter’s bf charged*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Although the movie is older, I think anyone who wants to look into the mind of a child who adopts the neo-nazi lifestyle should watch “American History X”. It will make you think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

bbm

And seventeen years old. SMH. What would make someone go there the first time? Certainly, curiosity on the part of some, but what about those who start "hanging out" there? Young people, because they are young, really do not have the experience or wisdom to interpret harsh views & statements... That's one reason why we who are parents should pay attention to what our children are doing, reading, and try our best to see if they might be confused about what they hear & read.

Those of us who grew up in the 50's & 60's were fortunate in some respects, IMO.

Being an IT person, I might suggest using a type of good nanny software. I think you can still block numbers on phones too (possibly through your provider's internet site). If you go the route of nanny software, for a child you think might need extra monitoring, ask around and get a well recommended piece of software. It's been several years since I've had to fool with nanny software or watching phones, for quite a spell, so I'm a bit out of date in that area. Just a suggestion.

Maybe my experiences with the dark net and living around all sorts of gangs and neo-nazis in the Tampa Bay Area has left me jaded. All I know is I personally would have tread carefully approaching this situation. VA and W.Va are heavily populated Neo-Nazi areas. I would not be surprised if this kid is a member of StormFront. If he was openly wearing Neo-Nazi affiliated clothing and other things, I would venture to say he was part of a group such as the Aryan Nation. Yes, they do have children in their ranks. The lack of action on the part of his parents also makes me wonder. This is all my opinion of course, but in my experience, I am not surprised he had access to wheels and a weapon. It’s pretty clear just from the news articles that he was indoctrinated and he was trying to sway his girlfriend towards “the cause”. This is why I say I don’t think her parents had any idea what they were getting themselves into. This isn’t just a foul-mouthed kid who speaks his mind; he was living the lifestyle and now it’s too late to proceed carefully.

Also, as far as the school and hate speech, they can’t just expel a student for tweets that “might” have been his. It would have to be proven.

BBM

Private school, they can expel for anything. Very different from a public school. And if he had used the school wifi to access any questionable sites, that could be tracked (I have no doubt they monitor what is being accessed through their wifi).

And I do agree about treading lightly, even without the neo nazi stuff. I'd be afraid of them taking off together, or causing a long term rift between myself and my child.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BBM

Private school, they can expel for anything. Very different from a public school. And if he had used the school wifi to access any questionable sites, that could be tracked (I have no doubt they monitor what is being accessed through their wifi).

And I do agree about treading lightly, even without the neo nazi stuff. I'd be afraid of them taking off together, or causing a long term rift between myself and my child.

I would hope that a private school would have a firewall that is configured to block access to certain websites or even software that only allows access to a few authorized website. If not, I would demand it. You are paying for it. I would think they would still have to have some kind of concrete proof before they could take action or be willing to face a civil suit. The whole thing is a giant mess.

Thanks so much for posting these links, Wylie. I’d seen this story recently and hadn’t had a chance to read it. He’s got it right...find common ground, listen, be friendly, try to understand and be patient. Arguing goes nowhere as was clear on Politivent. :) Remember the aesop’s fable about the sun and the wind competing to make a man take off his coat? Guess who won...not the wind. A friend of mine once said “People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.” When they know you care, they will be more likely to listen. But we often panic with our own kids...and their unsuitable friends...and all this good advice goes out the window.

I got to looking around and found what I am just theorizing what might could have been going to happen that night. I was reading through to find murderers in his age range. They aren't in their age range but, just tossing a theory, those two could have been going to run off that night. She almost had to have let him in.

If he lived 30 miles away he had access to wheels. He took a gun for some reason and it may have been to go on the run with her. It could have ended badly, either way it went, for someone. She may have already been wrapped up in him, not gonna lose him, partially indoctrinated, etc.. but, "in love".

I looked up White Extremist Murders and found this link. See David Joseph Pedersen & Holly Ann Grigsby 9/26-10/03. I don't think the ones in our case, were going on a revolution, but I do think they may have been going to bolt, got caught, he reacted violently, then just thought, I'm next. If they'd gotten past the parents, I do think it would be likely that there'd have been a violent end for someone, in this, somehow.

White Extremist Murders since 1995
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...ers_killed_at_least_60_in_u_s_since_1995.html

Holly Grigsby
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2014/07/holly_grigsby_apologizes_to_vi.html

David Pedersen
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2014/08/david_joey_pedersen_gets_2_mor.html

I agree completely. Great post. I’m really inclined to think she was in “looovvvveee” and they were going to run off together. Ugh. That would not have ended well for anyone, and neither did their failed plan. I well remember when the hunt was on for Grigsby and Pederson in Oregon. They killed white people until they got to Eureka CA and killed a black man. Thankfully, they were caught.

You’re right, most people don’t. But times are scary and people need to educate themselves on the dangers that lurk in the shadows. It’s through personal and professional experiences that I know a lot about Neo-Nazism. I am saddened that this is still a huge problem in our society, but to know how to protect and defend you must know your foe. Just because someone is a child doesn’t mean they are incapable of violence. MOO

I do agree, I had thought we were past so much of this, and then to see that is so far from the truth, that we have to fight the battles we thought were done with, racism, civil rights, sectarianism, neo-nazi, white supremacy, misogyny, sexual harassment. Scary. But if it's our turn to have these discussions, these battles, then we need to do it. We can't let this continue IMO.

I would hope that a private school would have a firewall that is configured to block access to certain websites or even software that only allows access to a few authorized website. If not, I would demand it. You are paying for it. I would think they would still have to have some kind of concrete proof before they could take action or be willing to face a civil suit. The whole thing is a giant mess.

They'd almost have to have some sort of firewall/malware software, and I'd think, a surveillance software in place, too.

I agree completely. Great post. I’m really inclined to think she was in “looovvvveee” and they were going to run off together. Ugh. That would not have ended well for anyone, and neither did their failed plan. I well remember when the hunt was on for Grigsby and Pederson in Oregon. They killed white people until they got to Eureka CA and killed a black man. Thankfully, they were caught.

I kinda think so too. O/T but sorta on, there was a case in our state not long ago. I try to keep up with it too, and it has a thread here I'm sure. The stepdaughter and bf, were taking off, and apparently the stepmother came home from a business trip, earlier than anticipated. Something happened, and the stepmother died from whatever happened (no guns from what I can understand), the bf committed suicide by hanging, when they were caught, in TX, and the step-daughter has been brought back, and charged with complicity. Fifteen year old girl and her 20 y/o bf.

I think the parents were brave to try to expose this dangerous guy. I think they DID know it was risky but felt they had to take the risk to at least try to prevent harm to their daughter. I doubt they made the decision rashly. If they didn't think he was dangerous...why go to the school, etc? It would only serve to alienate their daughter, when the relationship would likely have ended, as ones at this age do, fairly soon anyway. Jmo

It was a perfect storm. He has obviously been influenced by some nasty site and had a gun.

It didn’t have to start online, I live in Virginia and when I was in high school in the late 90s hung out with a mostly punk crowd. A new guy moved to our school and started inviting a lot of the kids from my “group” to Aryan Nation meetings at the local pizza buffet. I don’t know if anyone who fell in with him but had a friend who waited tables there and said that a ton of people would be at the meetings, men, women, teens. I was horrified and learned from the new kid that they recruited teens by buying them beer and pot and providing a place to hang out while playing propaganda videos and basically brainwashing them. From what I gathered most of the kids were from broken homes of families who paid them no attention at all.

Also, even at a smaller private high school, the administration could not possibly have watched these two kids every moment they were on campus to keep them away from each other. Sending her to a boarding school would have kept them apart but he may well have still killed her parents for taking her away from him.

My experience and opinions only[emoji230]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It didn’t have to start online, I live in Virginia and when I was in high school in the late 90s hung out with a mostly punk crowd. A new guy moved to our school and started inviting a lot of the kids from my “group” to Aryan Nation meetings at the local pizza buffet. I don’t know if anyone who fell in with him but had a friend who waited tables there and said that a ton of people would be at the meetings, men, women, teens. I was horrified and learned from the new kid that they recruited teens by buying them beer and pot and providing a place to hang out while playing propaganda videos and basically brainwashing them. From what I gathered most of the kids were from broken homes of families who paid them no attention at all.

Also, even at a smaller private high school, the administration could not possibly have watched these two kids every moment they were on campus to keep them away from each other. Sending her to a boarding school would have kept them apart but he may well have still killed her parents for taking her away from him.

AGreed, in 2015, about year before 2016 elections, we (NYC neighborhood) started noticing that there were signs posted to telephone and light poles, some sketchy talk about "those" people moving in, etc. a telephone contact and invite to a 'meeting'. I tore down everyone I saw, as did others. they were up again the next day. One day a woman confronted me why I was tearing down notices. I told her KKK and other hate groups will never be welcome in my home. They kept it up for couple weeks but many joined in tearing down the notices. Couple swastika's were painted on sidewalks on side streets at night - neighbours helped pain them over. It does take a village, and you have to be vigilant, out-spoken. Once a kid in your community is wearing the clothes, talking the talk, they've already been indoctrinated.

I'd be shocked if they didn't have that firewall in place, even if to prevent hacking of their own systems. I don't think the mom expected the school to expel the kid, but advised them because he was spreading hate, sectarianism, racism and false "historical facts" to her daughter and probably whomever else he was friendly with. Also for school to be aware of subtle physical signs of a wider-spread problem, changes in attitudes, neo-nazi regalia being worn, such a Nazi-related rings or crosses. The mom knew she didn't have legal case, but she also knew she had a case for real concern.

Some disturbing details.

http://wjla.com/news/local/mom-of-w...rs-boyfriend-with-neo-nazi-views-speaking-out

She believes the 16-year-old had let the boy into the house, and that the two were together for about an hour before the girl’s parents discovered the teens were together.

..snip..

“They yelled at him to get out of the house and never come back. (He) pulled the gun out, and shot him, and Buckley, who was standing right behind him in the hallway.”

The two teens then walked into another room, and the boy shot himself in the head, Kuhn said.

...snip...

Buckley was afraid her daughter was going to run away.

Just three days before Christmas, she asked for alarms on all the doors as a present.

BBM

For what it's worth, their school was not small, approx 1000 students, grade 9 - 12.

Some disturbing details.

http://wjla.com/news/local/mom-of-w...rs-boyfriend-with-neo-nazi-views-speaking-out

She believes the 16-year-old had let the boy into the house, and that the two were together for about an hour before the girl’s parents discovered the teens were together.

..snip..

“They yelled at him to get out of the house and never come back. (He) pulled the gun out, and shot him, and Buckley, who was standing right behind him in the hallway.”

The two teens then walked into another room, and the boy shot himself in the head, Kuhn said.

...snip...

Just three days before Christmas, she asked for alarms on all the doors as a present.

So sad, the mom knew there was good chance her daughter wasn't really finished with the b/f, she's 16 and in love, madly truly, insanely, in love. If not for the gun, the b/f would have had no choice but to run off to come back another day. But for the gun. Am sure the parents didn't call police on suspected intruder, they had to have strong suspicions that the b/f was in daughter's room. With older brother and grand-parents in home for the Christmas they must have hoped they had least couple days to try and get through this and really address it again. So so sad, so tragic, this daughter, her brothers are going to need lot of support to go on.

Some disturbing details.

..snip..

...snip...

Well that's interesting

People Magazine saying the b/f will be charged as a Juvenile with murder, pending recovery. Juvenile? 17 years old, old enough to know better. The murder victim apparently also reached out to the b/f mother saying he was sneaking in to their house at night, and that he was outspoken neo-nazi. That combined, with his clothing, which the parents had to have seen, even paid for, and the visit by neighbours over his mowing swastika in a community playground field, put boy's parents on notice that their son serious problem.

http://people.com/crime/reston-va-murders-parents-daughter-neo-nazi-boyfriend-fear/

People Magazine saying the b/f will be charged as a Juvenile with murder, pending recovery. Juvenile? 17 years old, old enough to know better. The murder victim apparently also reached out to the b/f mother saying he was sneaking in to their house at night, and that he was outspoken neo-nazi. That combined, with his clothing, which the parents had to have seen, even paid for, and the visit by neighbours over his mowing swastika in a community playground field, put boy's parents on notice that their son serious problem.

http://people.com/crime/reston-va-murders-parents-daughter-neo-nazi-boyfriend-fear/
Yes! This!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl