VA - Scott Fricker, 48, & Buckley Kuhn-Fricker, 43, slain, Reston, 22 Dec 2017 *daughter’s bf charged*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
People Magazine saying the b/f will be charged as a Juvenile with murder, pending recovery. Juvenile? 17 years old, old enough to know better. The murder victim apparently also reached out to the b/f mother saying he was sneaking in to their house at night, and that he was outspoken neo-nazi. That combined, with his clothing, which the parents had to have seen, even paid for, and the visit by neighbours over his mowing swastika in a community playground field, put boy's parents on notice that their son serious problem.

http://people.com/crime/reston-va-murders-parents-daughter-neo-nazi-boyfriend-fear/

Another article said his parents were aware and had him in counseling

People Magazine saying the b/f will be charged as a Juvenile with murder, pending recovery. Juvenile? 17 years old, old enough to know better. The murder victim apparently also reached out to the b/f mother saying he was sneaking in to their house at night, and that he was outspoken neo-nazi. That combined, with his clothing, which the parents had to have seen, even paid for, and the visit by neighbours over his mowing swastika in a community playground field, put boy's parents on notice that their son serious problem.

http://people.com/crime/reston-va-murders-parents-daughter-neo-nazi-boyfriend-fear/

And with access to a gun.

And with access to a gun.

But we don’t know for sure that the gun was his parent’s. He could have had friends he got it from. Despite knowing his beliefs, his parents may have been struggling as much at their end as the Frickers were with their daughter. We just don’t know yet.

Well that's interesting
That's what struck me as well. I hope his name is reported soon, very hard to sit on my hands about his friends list.

It does make me wonder if there might eventually be a second arrest.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

But we don’t know for sure that the gun was his parent’s. He could have had friends he got it from. Despite knowing his beliefs, his parents may have been struggling as much at their end as the Frickers were with their daughter. We just don’t know yet.

He had access to a gun. I didn't say how he accessed it, just that he did.

Minors always start in juvenile court. I have no doubt it will be transferred and he will be tried as an adult.

<modsnip>

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That is so messed up.

He should be charged as an adult.

Per the guy I knew in high school, the adult skinhead/Aryan Nation “recruiters” would teach them how to shoot and give them access to firearms. In my area it sounded like they were on properties with acerage and no noise ordinances. He also talked a lot about The Anarchist’s Cookbook and I never knew how much of what he said was bluster until much of it was confirmed by the waitress friend and then I saw an HBO documentary about skinheads indoctrinating kids the same ways these people were. He made me very nervous both because of the people he associated with and that he was okay that everyone at our school called him “Nazi Dan” I was glad when he moved to a different county and I never saw him again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a very messed up case.
I'm conflicted about his mental illness and if there is a chance he could be rehabilitated ?
Although there are some who can do all the good they want-- as long as it's behind bars and they're not free to roam in public.
Part of me wants him to face the firing squad.
But that's not going to happen.... and is maybe too severe of a punishment ?

The other side is -- if he's mentally ill ; he may not understand that what he did was wrong. Aside from the swastika -- he may not have been a hardened white supremacist. And did he know what that symbol represented ?

Would he (with treatment) be able to live a normal, healthy-minded life in about 5 or 10 years ?
Is there someone to help him ?

This is a difficult case and my initial reaction is that he should never see the light of day -- but die behind bars.

A close friend has agreed to disagree with me :) and she's said I need to work on my compassion for people instead of judging them.

Is it possible people are thinking the Fricker's should have done nothing... and thus appeased the killer and not "precipitated" this violence ?
I don't know.

My .02 is that neither of the victims were too over the top in the way they tried to handle this.. Some parents might have reacted much more forcefully.

Rest forever in gentle peace , Scott and Buckley !
I don't think that either of them deserved their fate.
:moo:

LE said shots fired plural. Wonder if there really was more than one.

This is a very messed up case.
I'm conflicted about his mental illness and if there is a chance he could be rehabilitated ?
Although there are some who can do all the good they want-- as long as it's behind bars and they're not free to roam in public.
Part of me wants him to face the firing squad.
But that's not going to happen.... and is maybe too severe of a punishment ?

The other side is -- if he's mentally ill ; he may not understand that what he did was wrong. Aside from the swastika -- he may not have been a hardened white supremacist. And did he know what that symbol represented ?

Would he (with treatment) be able to live a normal, healthy-minded life in about 5 or 10 years ?
Is there someone to help him ?

This is a difficult case and my initial reaction is that he should never see the light of day -- but die behind bars.

A close friend has agreed to disagree with me :) and she's said I need to work on my compassion for people instead of judging them.

Is it possible people are thinking the Fricker's should have done nothing... and thus appeased the killer and not "precipitated" this violence ?
I don't know.

My .02 is that neither of the victims were too over the top in the way they tried to handle this.. Some parents might have reacted much more forcefully.

Rest forever in gentle peace , Scott and Buckley !
I don't think that either of them deserved their fate.
:moo:
He knew what the swastika meant. He told the daughter that Jews were partly to blame for WWII. That right there is more than just a kid who was using the swastika as a rebellious symbol.

We have no proof he's mentally ill. It sounds to me like they attempted to get him counseling, but that does not equate to mental illness.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

LE said shots fired plural. Wonder if there really was more than one.
I thought I heard the cop report that a shot was fired, and then the dispatcher said "shots."

"A close relative of the teen suspect said the family knew nothing about reports that the teen repeatedly expressed admiration for Nazis. She said he struggled with mental illness." https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/...Killing-Husband-Wife-in-Reston-466127803.html
These parents sound like they are making excuses. They were made aware of the nazi stuff at least once by neighbors and then again by Buckley. So knowing nothing about it is a lie. I suspect that the mental illness excuse is likely stretching the truth as well in an effort to relieve them of responsibility for not dealing with the monster they raised.

Sorry. My mistake reading too fast. It looked like you were responding to the list the OP made of what his parents knew beforehand. I ran that together with gun access.

These parents sound like they are making excuses. They were made aware of the nazi stuff at least once by neighbors and then again by Buckley. So knowing nothing about it is a lie. I suspect that the mental illness excuse is likely stretching the truth as well in an effort to relieve them of responsibility for not dealing with the monster they raised.

SABBM

Curious about his home life and if there were other issues with him -- that were covered up or not treated seriously enough ?
Some of the threads here at WS amaze me with how 'normal' a family can seem until all hell breaks loose !

Need to point out that I'm not blaming his family for this ; but am fence-sitting in regards to his past and if he needed professional help long before the murders ?

So, to kill two people seems like a giant leap from just being a Nazi sympathiser --- has he done anything else to other people -- short of murder, though ?

SABBM

Curious about his home life and if there were other issues with him -- that were covered up or not treated seriously enough ?
Some of the threads here at WS amaze me with how 'normal' a family can seem until all hell breaks loose !

Need to point out that I'm not blaming his family for this ; but am fence-sitting in regards to his past and if he needed professional help long before the murders ?

So, to kill two people seems like a giant leap from just being a Nazi sympathiser --- has he done anything else to other people -- short of murder, though ?
As long as he can't be named by the media, it's unlikely we will find out.

SABBM

The site TheRoots.com posters say that the mother's FB page, which has been either closed or made private, had angry posts about physically punishing kids who didn't stand for Pledge Allegiance, anger over kneeling football players and of deporting all illegals. We all see those angry bitter posts all over the place these days so of course these same people are verbalizing it at home also, We've seen the posts about him mowing gigantic swastika in community playing field, and the neighbours going to the parents over it, saying they all knew he was troubled young man. There are pictures online of the alleged murderer wearing t-shirts with Nazi symbols and slogans, shirts they had to see him wearing and probably gave him the money for. So I can't buy in to the "parents didn't know anything about his neo-nazi" beliefs, or that he was acting out on them in ways they were aware of. According to recorded interview of unnamed close family member, the house the family live in is pretty impressive, very nice, upper middle class, raising an angry bitter prejudiced violent neo-nazi. Murder is a giant leap, but perhaps poor Mrs. Kuhn-Fricker was the very first adult in his life to firmly say "no, not in my home" to him. Two families utterly destroyed by this brutal act of violence from hatred, anger, ignorance and prejudice.

I was just looking at comments on the Root site. It's as toxic as the Fairfield Underground site someone mentioned earlier. Felt like needed a shower after each of them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl
Back