VA - Scott Fricker, 48, & Buckley Kuhn-Fricker, 43, slain, Reston, 22 Dec 2017 *daughter’s bf charged*

• Thread starter Deleted member 158085
  • Start date
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Root is a great site. I learn so much reading there. It's nothing like Reddit, Topix, Breitbart, Fairfield Underground. It's a legitimate site which aggregates news related to race and social justice. The comments provide super valuable insight, with the usual smattering of trolls one gets on any site that offers a space for commentary. And frankly, sometimes the truth hurts.

Thank you! I went looking for this “horrible” site and all I could find was the one you describe here [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The site TheRoots.com posters say that the mother's FB page, which has been either closed or made private, had angry posts about physically punishing kids who didn't stand for Pledge Allegiance, anger over kneeling football players and of deporting all illegals. We all see those angry bitter posts all over the place these days so of course these same people are verbalizing it at home also, We've seen the posts about him mowing gigantic swastika in community playing field, and the neighbours going to the parents over it, saying they all knew he was troubled young man. There are pictures online of the alleged murderer wearing t-shirts with Nazi symbols and slogans, shirts they had to see him wearing and probably gave him the money for. So I can't buy in to the "parents didn't know anything about his neo-nazi" beliefs, or that he was acting out on them in ways they were aware of. According to recorded interview of unnamed close family member, the house the family live in is pretty impressive, very nice, upper middle class, raising an angry bitter prejudiced violent neo-nazi. Murder is a giant leap, but perhaps poor Mrs. Kuhn-Fricker was the very first adult in his life to firmly say "no, not in my home" to him. Two families utterly destroyed by this brutal act of violence from hatred, anger, ignorance and prejudice.

Not familiar with the site roots.com but, yes, there's many folks out there who feel you should stand for the anthem and they have their reasons, just as those who kneel, have their reasons for kneeling. Unless his parents are Nazi Sympathizers and were raising him to be a violent, white supremist, I see this as a kid, who, as you said, had maybe never had a real NO said to him.

I'm not sure what private school they sent the kids to but it read that she didn't send the info to the principle til Sunday night. Christmas was Monday. The principle wouldn't have called the boy's family on Christmas Eve and read off an unconfirmed Twitter list, a parent had emailed him, and told them that the girl's mother called her son a "monster". I'd think he'd leave out that latter, period. He'd likely wait til the day after Christmas, or til they went back to school, to verify the Twitter accounts, and talked to both sets of parents, about any concerns.

They'd dated since June of this year, and it was over the summer that the girl had told her mother about how good he was in history, and brought up the Jews and WWII. This has been a long term relationship. They told her NO too, right at Christmas. She said she broke it off, and Mom was posting her quotes, about good men doing nothing, and there she sat, in love, and no bf. Someone let him in... j.s. No one screamed, Help, my ex bf is breaking in the window! I don't think she thought it would come to this but I see the daughter as rebelling too, they got caught together, he probably just reacted at getting caught. Seems he was very troubled and got hold of a firearm, it was just mere months before he'd be 18 and his parents couldn't make him do a thing then. She wasn't far from 18. I think they might have been gonna keep trying to see each other secretly, until they turned 18, and then maybe were gonna head out. They might have too, if the aunt and uncle hadn't heard noises.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...55031558ff4_story.html?utm_term=.f4816dc87a90

We also can't combat that which we don't know about, or see so as ugly as it is - we need to see it. If the twitter account reported to be his is indeed his, there's a lot of prejudice, hate fostered by falsehoods, factoids - the anti-semitism is shocking. So many issues many of us thought were behind us are even more ingrained (Civil Rights, Bigotry, Anti-Semitism, Sexism, Equality) - and now it's this generation's turn to fight for them. If his parents knew of his anti-semitic neo-nazi beliefs and did nothing to address that - shame on them - neo-nazism cannot be treated as a "phase" someone is going through - it's a dangerous it's violent and it's based on total lie. The twitter account reputed to be his stopped tweeting around 12/22. (@[FONT=&amp]doctorpepper35) .[/FONT]
BBM

I notice that the twitter account has a totally different name, so I wonder what made Buckley convinced it was his. There must have been something pretty convincing.

I can’t see his tweets....a blue wheel goes round and round...is that because I don’t have a Twitter account I wonder.

Yes, if his parents knew, they had an obligation to address his beliefs and not shrug them off. I believe that people with those beliefs do feel emboldened, especially after Charlottesville, so I wonder what his parents could have done that would work.

BBM

I notice that the twitter account has a totally different name, so I wonder what made Buckley convinced it was his. There must have been something pretty convincing.

I can’t see his tweets....a blue wheel goes round and round...is that because I don’t have a Twitter account I wonder.

Yes, if his parents knew, they had an obligation to address his beliefs and not shrug them off. I believe that people with those beliefs do feel emboldened, especially after Charlottesville, so I wonder what his parents could have done that would work.
You can private message through Twitter as well, and I think she may have seen some private messages through her daughter's Twitter account, and those may have made it clear who he was.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Not familiar with the site roots.com but, yes, there's many folks out there who feel you should stand for the anthem and they have their reasons, just as those who kneel, have their reasons for kneeling. Unless his parents are Nazi Sympathizers and were raising him to be a violent, white supremist, I see this as a kid, who, as you said, had maybe never had a real NO said to him.

I'm not sure what private school they sent the kids to but it read that she didn't send the info to the principle til Sunday night. Christmas was Monday. The principle wouldn't have called the boy's family on Christmas Eve and read off an unconfirmed Twitter list, a parent had emailed him, and told them that the girl's mother called her son a "monster". I'd think he'd leave out that latter, period. He'd likely wait til the day after Christmas, or til they went back to school, to verify the Twitter accounts, and talked to both sets of parents, about any concerns.

They'd dated since June of this year, and it was over the summer that the girl had told her mother about how good he was in history, and brought up the Jews and WWII. This has been a long term relationship. They told her NO too, right at Christmas. She said she broke it off, and Mom was posting her quotes, about good men doing nothing, and there she sat, in love, and no bf. Someone let him in... j.s. No one screamed, Help, my ex bf is breaking in the window! I don't think she thought it would come to this but I see the daughter as rebelling too, they got caught together, he probably just reacted at getting caught. Seems he was very troubled and got hold of a firearm, it was just mere months before he'd be 18 and his parents couldn't make him do a thing then. She wasn't far from 18. I think they might have been gonna keep trying to see each other secretly, until they turned 18, and then maybe were gonna head out. They might have too, if the aunt and uncle hadn't heard noises.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...55031558ff4_story.html?utm_term=.f4816dc87a90
BBM

The Frickers were murdered before Christmas on 12/22, so the tweets were sent to the principal the previous Sunday, not Christmas Eve. But yes, this is during the break so not much the principal could do at that point IMO.

BBM

The Frickers were murdered before Christmas on 12/22, so the tweets were sent to the principal the previous Sunday, not Christmas Eve. But yes, this is during the break so not much the principal could do at that point IMO.

Thanks, I misread that. I had thought it was Christmas Eve all this time... :facepalm:

Not many upper middle class white kids travel around with a gun. Wherever/however he got his hands on a gun, then and there he had already decided on a path of extreme violence. And yes, I think the daughter did let him in, probably as she had in the past, and am sure she didn't want or expect the murder of her parents, in fact, she called the police, and the records have shots fired while she was on phone, which must have been him shooting himself.

A lot of people in this country are saying, writing very angry, very violent things about everything, from Trump, Liberals, illegals, etc. along with very Fake News about Europe being overrun, white women being raped, towns being burned, American politicians using words like "purge" the FBI as we're in Stalin's Russia. Words have meanings, using words like this have meaning. This kid's twitter page had lot of ugly angry things, lot of falsehoods, lot of lies, some sexist statements and memes,. He's 17 years old - much too young to be THIS angry, this full of hate, bitterness, and old fashioned sexism. No way that was just on twitter, his parents should have noticed it - his neighbors did as they said he was troubled young man. The mother's FB was fill of same stupid anger over footballers kneeling, kids not standing for Pledge Allegiance, and of course illegals. Lot of anger in that house. So how much help was that kid actually getting?

As long as he can't be named by the media, it's unlikely we will find out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I could be mistaken, but if he is transferred to adult court, his name may be given. I don't know the laws in Virginia.

We also can't combat that which we don't know about, or see so as ugly as it is - we need to see it. If the twitter account reported to be his is indeed his, there's a lot of prejudice, hate fostered by falsehoods, factoids - the anti-semitism is shocking. So many issues many of us thought were behind us are even more ingrained (Civil Rights, Bigotry, Anti-Semitism, Sexism, Equality) - and now it's this generation's turn to fight for them. If his parents knew of his anti-semitic neo-nazi beliefs and did nothing to address that - shame on them - neo-nazism cannot be treated as a "phase" someone is going through - it's a dangerous it's violent and it's based on total lie. The twitter account reputed to be his stopped tweeting around 12/22. (@[FONT=&amp]doctorpepper35) .[/FONT]

I noticed something odd there, nm, I'm going back to double check. I think I know the identity of the boy, and I'm on the slow train tonight.

I noticed something odd there, nm, I'm going back to double check. I think I know the identity of the boy, and I'm on the slow train tonight.

I think I know it also, it's been given on social media site, but he's a minor and shouldn't be named, and can't be given out legally until if/when he's charged as an adult.

New article with an interview with the daughter's friend:

"[FONT=&quot]In a series of text messages to her daughter's high school classmate in October and November, Buckley Kuhn-Fricker expressed concerns about her 16-year-old's "downhill slide" since she began dating another teen she met at the private school they attended in Springfield, Virginia.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"The downhill slide since she has been with [redacted] is super scary and sad," Kuhn-Fricker wrote to Mja Allem, 18, who told BuzzFeed News that she had known Kuhn-Fricker's daughter since they were 11 years old.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"I'm not impressed by him in any way, but as far as I can tell he has always been very nice to her," Kuhn-Fricker told Allem, who provided BuzzFeed News with screenshots of the text messages. "If I didn't think he was being nice, then there would be nothing redeeming about him."[/FONT]

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tasneemnashrulla/texts-from-mom-shot-dead-after-confronting-boyfriend

"[FONT=&amp]In a series of text messages to her daughter's high school classmate in October and November, Buckley Kuhn-Fricker expressed concerns about her 16-year-old's "downhill slide" since she began dating another teen she met at the private school they attended in Springfield, Virginia.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"The downhill slide since she has been with [redacted] is super scary and sad," Kuhn-Fricker wrote to Mja Allem, 18, who told BuzzFeed News that she had known Kuhn-Fricker's daughter since they were 11 years old.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"I'm not impressed by him in any way, but as far as I can tell he has always been very nice to her," Kuhn-Fricker told Allem, who provided BuzzFeed News with screenshots of the text messages. "If I didn't think he was being nice, then there would be nothing redeeming about him."[/FONT]

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tasneemnashrulla/texts-from-mom-shot-dead-after-confronting-boyfriend

This was interesting. From that article "[FONT=&quot]The school's website [/FONT]states[FONT=&quot] that it is a "coeducational, therapeutic special education day school" for "adolescents who are experiencing emotional, learning, and/or behavioral problems that interfere with their educational development."

[/FONT]
I really feel for those parent's who were trying to do the right thing by their daughter. My daughter at about the same age had a boyfriend who worried me. No violence or any radical views, but he would ring her as soon as she got home from school and talk for hours, with her saying not much more than, 'I am sorry' for some perceived infraction during the school day.

I tried to talk to her and tell her that that was not a normal relationship if she had to apologise for upsetting him, over and over. Luckily this was her last year of school and she went to university in another city when school finished.

"[FONT=&quot]In a series of text messages to her daughter's high school classmate in October and November, Buckley Kuhn-Fricker expressed concerns about her 16-year-old's "downhill slide" since she began dating another teen she met at the private school they attended in Springfield, Virginia.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"The downhill slide since she has been with [redacted] is super scary and sad," Kuhn-Fricker wrote to Mja Allem, 18, who told BuzzFeed News that she had known Kuhn-Fricker's daughter since they were 11 years old.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"I'm not impressed by him in any way, but as far as I can tell he has always been very nice to her," Kuhn-Fricker told Allem, who provided BuzzFeed News with screenshots of the text messages. "If I didn't think he was being nice, then there would be nothing redeeming about him."[/FONT]

Woah, I thought they attended a different School! Dominion... explains a lot...

The Dominion School (TDS) was founded in 1985. TDS is an accredited, coeducational,*therapeutic special education day school.* We provide a highly structured and individualized*psychoeducational model for 27 adolescents who are experiencing emotional, learning, and/or*behavioral problems that interfere with their educational development.* We utilize a unique*combination of small academic classes, individual, group and family counseling to contribute to*the growth of each student.* Our primary goal is to help our students return to a less restrictive*educational setting with the academic, social, and emotional skills they need to succeed.

http://www.thedominionschool.com/

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

27 students?!

“Family services are also provided and required for all TDS students and their parents. We believe that these services enable families to work together to resolve issues and plan for the future. The goal is to develop and implement a unified staff and parental approach toward helping the student develop and maintain academic and behavioral gains.

Family services include:
Development and implementation of an individualized family counseling plan
Parent support groups
Individual family meetings
Quarterly written progress reports
Phone support for crisis intervention and/or to answer questions
Opportunity to serve on the Parent Advisory Board
Books and articles as resources for the parents

The purpose of the individual family meetings is to review and evaluate family and student progress toward meeting individual goals and objectives.
http://www.thedominionschool.com/family_program.htm

I googled, several sources say 16 students.
“The Dominion School is a private school located in Springfield, VA. It has 16 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 4 to 1. After graduation, 25% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.” https://www.niche.com/k12/the-dominion-school-springfield-va/

If they were in the same grade I don’t see how they possibly could have been kept separated.
a4669139030079ae6bc6e58e2427856c.jpg

MOO

Woah, I thought they attended a different School! Dominion... explains a lot...

The Dominion School (TDS) was founded in 1985. TDS is an accredited, coeducational,*therapeutic special education day school.* We provide a highly structured and individualized*psychoeducational model for 27 adolescents who are experiencing emotional, learning, and/or*behavioral problems that interfere with their educational development.* We utilize a unique*combination of small academic classes, individual, group and family counseling to contribute to*the growth of each student.* Our primary goal is to help our students return to a less restrictive*educational setting with the academic, social, and emotional skills they need to succeed.

http://www.thedominionschool.com/

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yikes! I wonder how each of them ended up there in a group of only 27 students. Tuition is typically paid by the public school district.

Not many upper middle class white kids travel around with a gun. Wherever/however he got his hands on a gun, then and there he had already decided on a path of extreme violence. And yes, I think the daughter did let him in, probably as she had in the past, and am sure she didn't want or expect the murder of her parents, in fact, she called the police, and the records have shots fired while she was on phone, which must have been him shooting himself.

A lot of people in this country are saying, writing very angry, very violent things about everything, from Trump, Liberals, illegals, etc. along with very Fake News about Europe being overrun, white women being raped, towns being burned, American politicians using words like "purge" the FBI as we're in Stalin's Russia. Words have meanings, using words like this have meaning. This kid's twitter page had lot of ugly angry things, lot of falsehoods, lot of lies, some sexist statements and memes,. He's 17 years old - much too young to be THIS angry, this full of hate, bitterness, and old fashioned sexism. No way that was just on twitter, his parents should have noticed it - his neighbors did as they said he was troubled young man. The mother's FB was fill of same stupid anger over footballers kneeling, kids not standing for Pledge Allegiance, and of course illegals. Lot of anger in that house. So how much help was that kid actually getting?

I know a lot of poor, middle, upper-middle, and wealthy white folks and they do, in fact, quite frequently own firearms. I do... I live in a deeply red county, in a red state, that has the distinction of voting, for the most part, blue, for its governors (we are, an oddity). I have friends from all walks of life, both rich and poor, and of varied belief systems (some pretty different than mine, and some who have none at all). My point is, that even though some of my friends and family hold, what I would call very conservative to far-right views, they are not folks who'd pick up torches, and burn a cross in someone's yard...ever.

I see this kid, doing like some of the kids who ran off to join ISIS, but their parents weren't ISIS sympathizers. He could have clicked into chat-rooms all over this internet. He likely was not getting his reading material only from Twitter, he was likely cruising the net, and had a phone with no limits, and both without any parental overview on their tech devices (I'd bet that the same for her.). Parents trust their children, to stay on the narrow path, on the internet. My advice, from an IT/geek/parent standpoint? Don't trust your kids to monitor themselves on the internet. Just don't.

His parents are, probably, conservatives, or possibly even hard-righters, but that doesn't mean they are Nazis, and were setting their child up to be a killer, by discussing their frustrations about the daily news topics. My family has almost gotten into actual fights, people coming out of their chair, over hotbed topics, but we didn't kill anyone. Seventeen year olds, especially troubled ones, have zero cares to give, about their parent's online rants, or really anything parents have to say, from about age 13 - 30 (give or take a few years). They were both in that room and they weren't supposed to be. It's a horrible tragedy but I think, in the end, it was all about love. He wasn't giving her up and she wasn't letting him go.

JM2¢

I know a lot of poor, middle, upper-middle, and wealthy white folks and they do, in fact, quite frequently own firearms. I do... I live in a deeply red county, in a red state, that has the distinction of voting, for the most part, blue, for its governors (we are, an oddity). I have friends from all walks of life, both rich and poor, and of varied belief systems (some pretty different than mine, and some who have none at all). My point is, that even though some of my friends and family hold, what I would call very conservative to far-right views, they are not folks who'd pick up torches, and burn a cross in someone's yard...ever.

I see this kid, doing like some of the kids who ran off to join ISIS, but their parents weren't ISIS sympathizers. He could have clicked into chat-rooms all over this internet. He likely was not getting his reading material only from Twitter, he was likely cruising the net, and had a phone with no limits, and both without any parental overview on their tech devices (I'd bet that the same for her.). Parents trust their children, to stay on the narrow path, on the internet. My advice, from an IT/geek/parent standpoint? Don't trust your kids to monitor themselves on the internet. Just don't.

His parents are, probably, conservatives, or possibly even hard-righters, but that doesn't mean they are Nazis, and were setting their child up to be a killer, by discussing their frustrations about the daily news topics. My family has almost gotten into actual fights, people coming out of their chair, over hotbed topics, but we didn't kill anyone. Seventeen year olds, especially troubled ones, have zero cares to give, about their parent's online rants, or really anything parents have to say, from about age 13 - 30 (give or take a few years). They were both in that room and they weren't supposed to be. It's a horrible tragedy but I think, in the end, it was all about love. He wasn't giving her up and she wasn't letting him go.

JM2¢

It may be just me, but I don't see anyone with as much hate, anger, prejudice that this kid had inside as being able to actually love,really love. It's usually about control, and he didn't like her parents interfering in his relationship with their daughter. She had a two-hour limit phone time with him - after being in school together? That's not unreasonable. ANd now, no way are his parents unaware of the issues he had, the interview with daughter's friend says the mom contacted his mom, about his neo-nazism and sneaking in to their home the night before. So he came the next night - armed. Planned out, stop me and I'll kill then, who the hell do they think they are.. I know someone close to his family said he suffered from mental illness, but that's probably not the case - behavioral issues not mental illness. Where/how he got the gun is important. If the parents had gun, didn't secure the gun from minors especially one with known behavioral and hate issues, are they complicit in his actions?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Columba64
Back