GUILTY VA - Shannon Gore charged in death of infant, child abuse, Hayes, 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She is definitely a white female, or investigators wouldn't be working on assumption she is their bio child. The dead child is completely decomposed so they can't even figure out if it's male or female (so far) but I presume it's also white male or female, or again investigators wouldn't be assuming the two of them are bio parents.

We don't know the family history of these two "parents". Genetically they could indeed have a "dark" skinned child with African American features. It's extremely rare, but with genetics it's a toss of the dice.

My friend is dark and has African American features. She's "classified" as Caucasian as her parents are both Caucasian. Her mother's grandfather was African American. My friend calls herself a throwback in a joking manner. She's extremely beautiful. Like model beautiful. So assuming investigators are going to assume then that assumption could mess the case up. Again it's rare. My friend knows the percentage. I'll ask her.

We don't know the family history of these two "parents". Genetically they could indeed have a "dark" skinned child with African American features. It's extremely rare, but with genetics it's a toss of the dice.

My friend is dark and has African American features. She's "classified" as Caucasian as her parents are both Caucasian. Her mother's grandfather was African American. My friend calls herself a throwback in a joking manner. She's extremely beautiful. Like model beautiful. So assuming investigators are going to assume then that assumption could mess the case up. Again it's rare. My friend knows the percentage. I'll ask her.

If you look at the photos of these two alleged parents, they even look similar to each other. The alleged mother is blond with blue eyes. So I sincerely doubt the two of them together would produce a child with African American features. By the way there is no doubt the little girl is a white female. In the early articles she was described as having blond hair.

Bumping this up because I hope someone local can update us since the news isn't. I have to know how "Sunshine" is doing and what happened with the infant. I am most concerned about the living but would love to know the age and sex of the dead child. Was it a twin to the child who barely survived? I just want to know what's going on and I'm not finding anything in the news. TIA

I too am anxious for movement.

Unfortunately I have absolutely nothing new to report on Sunny's condition or on the deceased sibling's (presumably) remains. After family came and removed the shed this past weekend they put up a No Trespassing sign in the window in the front of the house-(which is where Sunny was kept so I'm guessing they have cleaned up in there?) I'm not sure how to take the lack of updates on her condition...but I promise to let you guys know if I do hear something.

Hi everyone, I joined this community after finding the board when searching for info on this case. I too am somewhat local (Yorktown, just over the bridge from Gloucester) and my heart broke in a million pieces when I read about this. Honestly, for the whole week after I just kept walking around the house muttering "Those (insert expletive) people!"

Like Jinxy said, the news hasn't reported a thing, and I'm guessing it won't be until July/August that we start to hear more since the next court date is Aug 2. I know the infant was placed in protective custody, not sure about Sunshine.

I'm a researcher/writer, so I'll try to do a little digging and see what I come up with.

I can't believe there is nothing yet.
I keep checking for updates.
At least I wished we could find out how Sunshine is doing.
It's strange over there at "Dreamin Demon" they named her Sunshine as well :)

http://http://www.dailypress.com/news/gloucester-county/dp-nws-gloucester-abuse-search-warran20110510,0,4993244.story?track=rss
"The mother of an emaciated girl who was living in a makeshift cage climbed into the drop ceiling of the Riverside Walter Reed Hospital emergency room on April 29 and left behind her purse."
"Investigators tracked down a witness who told them that while Brian Gore was out of jail on bond on April 29 he showed up with a bag containing the computers and said he "got the worse (sic) stuff out of the house," according to court documents."

I wonder what was on those computers that they were so worried about someone else seeing.

IMO this is only going to get worse.

oh no,you guys were right,it is getting even sicker.
I wonder what in the world could have been in the purse for her to climb into the ceiling?
this story is unbelievable,all of it.
poor,poor sunshine and the unknown child under the shed.
I was still sort of hoping the dead child was a newborn but I don't think so anymore.

She was at the hospital the day after Sheriff's deputies found what they said was a naked 5- or 6-year-old girl suffering from severe starvation trapped under a modified crib in a darkened bedroom.

I'm so confused. So had she not already been booked at the Police station? This is a full day later. I thought they were taken away in handcuffs the day they found the young girl? Seems they would have processed her purse during processing. Am I reading this wrong?

I am confused by this as well. Perhaps bonded out. This was the day they found the remains under the shed but I think prior to that discovery. But yes, Sunny had indeed been found and removed the day before Ms. Gore was taken into custody at the hospital. So like you, I am very confused by the timeline here.

Entirely possible that if they were taken into custody on the day Sunny was discovered, since they were at home she may not have taken her purse to booking with her, but rather, left it at the residence. I have never been arrested so I don't know how that works. If they arrest you at home, maybe you don't take your purse. I mean most places won't allow you to access your purse and bond your own self out anyway will they??

I'm so confused. So had she not already been booked at the Police station? This is a full day later. I thought they were taken away in handcuffs the day they found the young girl? Seems they would have processed her purse during processing. Am I reading this wrong?

It was reported she was taken from the scene by rescue personal.

Crazy the whole trailer is gone.

Any idea who moved it?
I have no idea but our guess is one of a few theories:
a-his or her family called their mortgage company and said cut your losses, come and get it
b-family came and moved it to keep it from being vandalized or worse
c-the park had it removed

I doubt seriously LE took it. But I have to say its not like you can just call someone and get your house removed in 30 minutes or less, there are some logistics involved and planning so this was planned for at least a few days. I'll ask my daughter if her friend knows anything...

I have no idea but our guess is one of a few theories:
a-his or her family called their mortgage company and said cut your losses, come and get it
b-family came and moved it to keep it from being vandalized or worse
c-the park had it removed

I doubt seriously LE took it. But I have to say its not like you can just call someone and get your house removed in 30 minutes or less, there are some logistics involved and planning so this was planned for at least a few days. I'll ask my daughter if her friend knows anything...

Legaly only the owners of the trailer could move it if they were also the occupants. or LE.

No one could move it without legal consent of the tentants until a letter of eviction was sent and the time frame for eviction had taken place. If one of their parents owned it then it could be moved but other then that it couldnt be touched unless LE had it moved to a location for crime scene processing.

If it was in their names no way could it be moved as a request for that would have to be signed and all that. Which they dont let you do from jail.
They could not even call it abandon until after 30 days.

IIRC, she was removed from the trailer on a stretcher. I wasn't sure if it had been because she was combative, and they restrained her or what, but apparently she faked something to get taken to Walter Reed ER, then when not attended (or possibly they were outside the door guarding her room), she crawled up into the ceiling tiles above the ER. Sounds like she was found there, but had left her purse 15 ft. behind her, and they didn't see it, until LE called the hospital and had them look for it.

I hate to think what's on those computers. Maybe it will give investigators some clues to Sunny & the deceased child's true age.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eppomoosha
Back