GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, if Tina were already dead, I think they would have been on the run and not at Wal-Mart.

OR, they knew they are in trouble and panic --- hit WalMart for supplies before hitting the road -- "l'll take care of this, let's get some food and drinks and get out of here..."

OR, they knew they are in trouble and panic --- hit WalMart for supplies before hitting the road -- "l'll take care of this, let's get some food and drinks and get out of here..."

perhaps camping gear...survival gear...

I'm inclined to believe that at that point, Tina was still alive. Whatever they bought must have something to do with one of two things: the homicide (which is why they won't discuss it if it if they anticipate a trial) or something to imply a sexual relationship (condoms, etc <---- just speculation on my part). Otherwise, if they had bought something innocuous like food, then LE would have no problem saying that. Or clothing or hair dye, they would say 'may be in such-and-such clothing' or 'may have dyed hair'. KWIM?

There's something about the purchase that they want to keep a lid on.

Also, if Tina were already dead, I think they would have been on the run and not at Wal-Mart.

Wasnt it reported that the police did a wellbeing check on Sunday night because a coworker reported that Tina hadn't shown up for work Fri and no one could reach her? and then a coworker with a key found her Monday when she didn't go to work again? or are my days confused?

That's possible, too. But I would think if you just committed a murder, you would want some physical distance between you and the crime pretty fast. Hit the road and stop later. Although, I guess JE knew that they had a window of opportunity to stop before it was discovered the Tina was dead.

The body language from the pic does imply that Brittany was nervous/anxious about something. Not just the look on her face (which is really a snapshot of a millisecond in time and may not mean anything), but also the way she seems to be wringing her hands. Anyone else think that?

I'm inclined to believe that at that point, Tina was still alive. Whatever they bought must have something to do with one of two things: the homicide (which is why they won't discuss it if it if they anticipate a trial) or something to imply a sexual relationship (condoms, etc <---- just speculation on my part). Otherwise, if they had bought something innocuous like food, then LE would have no problem saying that. Or clothing or hair dye, they would say 'may be in such-and-such clothing' or 'may have dyed hair'. KWIM?

There's something about the purchase that they want to keep a lid on.

Yes, the chief stated that what they purchased would be instrumental in the investigation.

The body language from the pic does imply that Brittany was nervous/anxious about something. Not just the look on her face (which is really a snapshot of a millisecond in time and may not mean anything), but also the way she seems to be wringing her hands. Anyone else think that?

Yes, that's what I see - maybe shock. But then again, it is one snapshot --did it not get cold until Saturday? I thought it was colder than t shirt weather But my brain may be frozen from being out there today.

camping gear - I hope not, but mom was worried about him being cold....perhaps sleeping bags/blankets for car.

Wasnt it reported that the police did a wellbeing check on Sunday night because a coworker reported that Tina hadn't shown up for work Fri and no one could reach her? and then a coworker with a key found her Monday when she didn't go to work again? or are my days confused?

Correct.

I'm sorry this is OT but WHY does everybody go to walmart, seemingly after they have commited a crime or prior too? :waitasec:

I think the media and LE need to emphasize the fact that Brittany does NOT look like your normal 12 yr old girl. I know the pic they showed was blurry, but if I wasn't following this case and had seen them in Walmart, I'd be thinking it couldn't have been them cuz the girl looked to be at least 16-17 years old.

Yes, the chief stated that what they purchased would be instumental in the investigation.

Thanks - I didn't see the presser... :)

Yes, that's what I see - maybe shock. But then again, it is one snapshot --did it not get cold until Saturday? I thought it was colder than t shirt weather But my brain may be frozen from being out there today.

camping gear - I hope not, but mom was worried about him being cold....perhaps sleeping bags/blankets for car.

BBM. Maybe they don't want him to know that they're searching campgrounds, etc, because they don't want them on the run again? Just a thought - trying to figure out why they wouldn't release what items were purchased. It really is cold up/down the East Coast right now - I'd hate to be out there camping.

They should be able to track her phone, even without her using it, unless she took the battery out, I believe?

I don't think so. I could be wrong, but I think the phone would have to be on in order for LE to track the pings from it. If it's turned off, I don't think it can be tracked.

Did anyone else notice in the surveillance cam shot that the shopping cart appeared to have hardly any bags in it ? It has items, but I hardly see any white at all, along with I spotted something shiny.

I'm sorry this is OT but WHY does everybody go to walmart, seemingly after they have commited a crime or prior too? :waitasec:

At least Casey A had some taste....

(sorry, I love Target or Tarjay as I call it lol)

What was the point of the police doing the welfare check if, when no one answered the door, they did nothing? :waitasec:

They stated they would be releasing a new pic of boyfriend. After seeing that picture...there is no way he is 265 if 5' 11'......more like 180-185.

They are holding back much info until she's found. Not the mother's COD or approx time, etc. Not even what room she was found in.

The last reported sighting of TS & BS was mid-morning on Friday...prior to this video.

I don't like the fact that they find nothing from her cell at this point. Not good. :(

I don't think so. I could be wrong, but I think the phone would have to be on in order for LE to track the pings from it. If it's turned off, I don't think it can be tracked.

Actually cell phones can be tracked even when turned off. When the phone dies/battery is taken out, it can no longer be tracked (I learned a lot about phones in Kyron's case lol)

And everyone should know by know that Wal-Mart has video cameras everywhere...I know that and I have never even been inside one...yet, it seems to be the first place people head when they are on the run...I guess we should be glad so many do.

Actually cell phones can be tracked even when turned off. When the phone dies/battery is taken out, it can no longer be tracked (I learned a lot about phones in Kyron's case lol)

This is what I am wondering...if they don't know enough to stay out of Walmart, you wouldn't think they would know to take the batteries out of their phones...why can't the pings be traced? Or if they are tracing them, why not give the public a rough idea where they are pinging?

Did anyone else notice in the surveillance cam shot that the shopping cart appeared to have hardly any bags in it ? It has items, but I hardly see any white at all, along with I spotted something shiny.

Could be them entering and not exiting. ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke