GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you use an iPhone you can read both BS and her mom's statuses. Shocking! I do believe mom found out "something" was going on between BS and JE. She seems angry on her statuses, and on some comments she left on her daughter's. This is so disturbing. I hope she is found alive. *sigh*

It was heartbreaking to see JE mom speaking to her son, pleading for him to drop Brittany off somewhere safe, call 911, come home... wondered if he was cold and hungry. Said she talked to him Sunday night -- did not have any idea what was going on. Did say that she "knew he was taking care of Brittany because of what I know about you and Brittany" but that he needed to come home, to be safe and they would help him

Brittany's family must be devastated. Though, all indications that she is alive and with him somewhere.

Good news that they are now receiving tips from other states ---- sightings?

WHo cares if he is cold or hungry - he is a grown man - that is strange. You worrie if a child is cold and hungry not a man. Maybe his mother thinks Brittay committed the murder and Jeff is protecting her.

Either way he is the criminal and I don't care if he is cold and worst of all HUNGRY. MO

Actually cell phones can be tracked even when turned off. When the phone dies/battery is taken out, it can no longer be tracked (I learned a lot about phones in Kyron's case lol)

I agree...I from the Morgan Harrington case.

Picture5.png

The wind was at 7MPH.

The weather was cold that night, which is why I don't understand why TSE and BS have no coat, scarf, etc. on. I know guys who don't wear coats when it's cold, but more so on why she's not properly dressed.

I'm inclined to believe that at that point, Tina was still alive. Whatever they bought must have something to do with one of two things: the homicide (which is why they won't discuss it if it if they anticipate a trial) or something to imply a sexual relationship (condoms, etc <---- just speculation on my part). Otherwise, if they had bought something innocuous like food, then LE would have no problem saying that. Or clothing or hair dye, they would say 'may be in such-and-such clothing' or 'may have dyed hair'. KWIM?

There's something about the purchase that they want to keep a lid on.

Also, if Tina were already dead, I think they would have been on the run and not at Wal-Mart.

Maybe items to committ the murder - maybe LE does not want th epublic to know that Brittany may have been a part of it because then the public would be angry and stop looking. MO

Could be them entering and not exiting. ??

They are exiting from the grocery side. You can tell by the wall and then the store in the background. I just wonder if they purchased things that didn't require bags ?

So his mother *knows* he is taking care (cough cough) of B, because what she *knows* about them.

She was discussing this MAN on her facebook, where her mother could see, she took his last name where the world could see, her friends say he is using her, and his mother *knows* about them and *knows* based on that knowledge that he is "taking care of her".

How many people could see the warning signs here and did nothing? Wow.

2 thoughts... I would assume LE has video of the walmart parking lot also - to know if they are still in the Neon, etc.

Also.. when "mom" spoke at the press conference... yes.. did sound like she was talking to a child - but she was (IMO) trying to be calm, non-threatening and "on his side" - vs. "WHAT THE HE** ARE YOU DOING/THINKING??? GET BACK HERE NOW!" which may be what she is really thinking....???

LE may not know at this time if Brittany was there when her mom was killed, as a witness, a participant or another victim...and as another posted said, wouldn't want the public to think she is with him willingly and not be as apt to look for her. But I think they probably left town by later Friday night...they could be anywhere. Hope they are on national APB alert...

Is there a link to this Walmart video you all seem to be looking at? TIA

Neighbor says best friend from South Boston -- I didn't see that she was a co-worker..... Something tells me she had plans with her friend and didn't show

I stand corrected. A coworker went there Sunday night--not the police
http://www2.wsls.com/news/2010/dec/06/21/amber-alert-issued-missing-12-yr-old-ar-698326/

According to this article the police went there on Sunday, co-worker on Monday.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/269968

Co-workers at Richfield Retirement Community in Salem first called police to the two-story house on Fort Lewis Circle, a quiet cul-de-sac, on Sunday night after Smith failed to show up for work, said Roanoke County police Lt. Chuck Mason.

Officers knocked on the door, but got no answer. There were no cars in the driveway, and the officers saw no reason to force their way inside, Mason said.

"At the time, there wasn't anything suspicious," he said.

About 9:30 a.m. Monday, after Smith failed to show up at work again, a co-worker with a house key walked in and found Smith's body, Mason said. Police wouldn't say how she died.

So his mother *knows* he is taking care (cough cough) of B, because what she *knows* about them.

She was discussing this MAN on her facebook, where her mother could see, she took his last name where the world could see, her friends say he is using her, and his mother *knows* about them and *knows* based on that knowledge that he is "taking care of her".

How many people could see the warning signs here and did nothing? Wow.

Is there any possible way these two could have gone somewhere and got married? I know the legal age is not 12, but she does not look 12 at all.
Is that possible?

It's alomst like everyone around them thought it was ok for her to behave this way with this man on FB and off. I mean didn't an aunt say he would stroke her hair and face around the family. I mean if I saw a niece being stroked by some guy my sister met ont he internet who just moved into their house - I would have stepped in LOUDLY!

Just the other day a FRIEND of the family who is 27 years old just "happened" to fall asleep with his head face down on my sleeping 16 year old sister in law's lap. I made a huge fuss - woke them both up told her to move to the other side of the sofa. To my utter shock and surprise MY HUSBAND who is HER brother - was angry at me saying I misunderstood that they just happened to fall asleep like that.

AS IF THAT MATTERS!

STEP IN PEOPLE! Right at the moment of first glance.

IMO

Tonight- 7 p.m. candlelight vigil for Tina and Brittany Smith at Highlander Stadium, behind Glenvar Middle School.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke