GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention...it's hunting season...they would have to be somewhere remote that hunters wouldn't happen upon them.

Excellent. If they are in the woods, then they won't go undiscovered for long. Few enthusiasts are as "avid" about their sport as hunters are. Someone's going to find them, or evidence of them. JE ain't no deer.

WS posters,

This is Chris Hurst; I'm a reporter for WDBJ in Roanoke, VA.

First off, great job with tips early on, I was able to use a lot of your info to get JE backstory.

We are still looking for ways to access FB and MS for posts we can save for our own records.

We know you all can ready extensively what all three have posted, how can I look at it too... Mobile devices will be hard tho.

We continue to gather information on our end about the details surrounding JE and BS' relationship...

Keep up the great work and let me know of angles you think warrant coverage and I'll do my best.

-Chris

It was posted that people who had a blackberry was able to view their FB and MS pages but PC could not.

Hey Chris, I'd like for someone in the media to talk with one of his ex wives, I think that would be good info to have. Also, what about the people he worked with, surely he had some pals who'd know if he was a hunter/camper and where he might go.

Hi Chris - Why is Craig Co and Botetout Co out?

Welcome Cassoner!

Didn't they use the mother's credit card to purchase these items though?

They did, but would it be so unusual for them to go shopping with her credit card for dinner? Sometimes I'll grab my wife's credit card and head to the market. Of course, this is all conjecture, but I think it will help in the analysis of the photos if we consider that they are being purchased before the murder. And this may be silly, but I think that black bag in front kinda looks like a frozen turkey.

Another consideration is that some of the bags in the cart are not from Walmart. Is there another store in the shopping center they could have gone to first? Could he have carried his own rucksack into the store? I bring my bag into stores all the time & just drop it in the cart.

Someone on another site mentioned Spring Hollow Reservoir which is very close to TS home. Surrounded by parkland and national forrest. Very remote.

Japandaaa - My previous post about Craig Co... (It adjoins Roanoke Co - for non local info). Lots of firetrails...lots of places to "get lost"...mountanous...remote terrain...

I know it's been ruled out and I know why: been camping there myself. Wow. Doesn't get much more remote in the state of Virginia than that... No way a Dodge Neon (or any sedan for that matter) could make it there.

Hey Chris, I'd like for someone in the media to talk with one of his ex wives, I think that would be good info to have. Also, what about the people he worked with, surely he had some pals who'd know if he was a hunter/camper and where he might go.

Working on one ex-wife... other in AL is MIA... can't find her.

Has this already been posted? If so I missed it! First I heard of it!

"Brittany Smith, 12, was afraid Jeffrey Easley, 32, "would come over and take her away and hurt her mom," the friend, Rebecca Kilian, 13, told The Roanoke Times."

more at link

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010...-girl-feared-moms-partner/UPI-79571291821230/

BBM...wasn't he living there??

TS FB post on Thursday is really sad. "Hopeless romantic ways" kind of explains why he was moved in. She seems like one of those that saw the good in people, trusting, believed in love at first sight and just wanted to be swept of her feet. I honestly admire the fact that even after two failed relationships with the fathers of her children and the loss of her son she was still able have such a postitive personality.
It was bad judgment and I believe in the end she realized it. Which makes it even more sad, that she probably died thinking it was her fault.

WS posters,

First off, great job with tips early on, I was able to use a lot of your info to get JE backstory.

We are still looking for ways to access FB and MS for posts we can save for our own records.

We know you all can ready extensively what all three have posted, how can I look at it too... Mobile devices will be hard tho.

We continue to gather information on our end about the details surrounding JE and BS' relationship...

Keep up the great work and let me know of angles you think warrant coverage and I'll do my best.

-Chris

You need to find out more details on Jeffrey Scott Easley. Talk to friends, family, co-workers, all the women that he sent "kisses" to online. Someone knows something. Everyone has little "quirks" and I think his 2 exwifes would be able to help get in his "head" a little bit. Right now the public knows nothing about this guy.

I did a bit more enhancement on the Walmart pic which clearly shows that there is a big black bag in front of the blue object. The blue object looks soft now. There is clearly a shine coming off of the bag & object. In fact, the bag looks almost like a Turkey.
Also, since the police obviously know what was purchased and aren't releasing that information, I think it is reasonable to suggest that this picture was taken BEFORE the murder. This man does not look like someone who just committed a murder, and the number of bags in the cart kinda suggests a food shop. If this was a picture of stuff they bough AFTER the murder, the police would tell us what they bought since these items could be used to identify them.

Anyway, here are the pics, original size and slightly enlarged.
bs_walmart_enhance.jpg

hs_walmart_larger.jpg

There is clearly a shine coming off of the bag & object. In fact, the bag looks almost like a Turkey.

Probably a backpack.

This is when I wish Google Earth was LIVE! Gosh think of how we could search and zoom in on things. LMAO

If JS went to a location he wouldn't expect to go in but still in Virginia Matthews and Gloucester county has everything he would need to hide out. Maybe he followed the Taylor Bayle case?

Dang - I'm up here near the Potomac River area and not far from the Bay. Don't think they'd come this way, though - way too populated.

Chris - if any of the ex wives haven't been named in MSM (mainstream media) then we can't post their names here. You might want to edit your post

There is clearly a shine coming off of the bag & object. In fact, the bag looks almost like a Turkey.

Probably a backpack.

Portable grill?

WS posters,

-Chris

Welcome Chris !

I know that I can view their MySpace pages through my iPhone, even though they are listed as private when I view them through my computer. I can't see the Facebook pages though. I know a couple of people on the board with various cell phones can see the same thing. It's weird, but the pages seem accessible through cell phones, but not computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper