GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live near the beach in west central Florida and it's in the 50s today. Will probably be around 40 tonight as we're in a warming trend. This weekend should be somewhat balmy.

Chris,

Do you have access to criminal records for Alabama?

We have hit a dead end there, but one of my earlier posts shows a string of criminal issues in North Carolina and then in 2002 he just disappears from those records. Seeing that we know he did not become an upstanding member of society since then his criminal record has to pick up somewhere else. Alabama was our guess but their records were not accessible.

I haven't found anything criminal in AL... just NC. At this point we know he's a bad dude. Fairly obv. Want we are looking for now are family/friends who knew JE...

I didn't think of that but i was just thinking: a bright blue tent is NOT something you'd buy if you're hiding. You'd want a brown or tan or forest-green -- something that would be hard to spot. :waitasec:

Perhaps a different word than thinking would better suit this guy. It obvious there was tension days leading up to the crime. My thoughts are that he threatened her after she found out something about him, possibly FB/MS related. He got upset and beat her, as he had with his previous wife, and it went farther this time. I'm guessing BS was aware of the murder or at least the beating. He then, without truly thinking, went to WM to buy supplies in a panic having no idea of what to do next. In his panic he didn't check the weather forecast. It's easy not to take your coat on the first few days of chilly or cold weather. He won't last long in this weather unless he had survival training but I'm guessing no from his items he purchased. My best guess is he's not more than 3 hours away. He had no way of knowing it would take them three days to post an Amber Alert. I'm sure all he was thinking was find a place fast.

Also, in the beginning of the first thread people were mentioning why people go to WM. I never knew until this site there were so many cameras in WM. Also, if he was smart (and I don't think he's as smart as some people are crediting him) he would go to the closest store as to not give away direction of flight. (If he stopped at the WM in NC, we would know his direction of flight.)

I don't know. I think if I was them, I'd hide in plain sight. Of course, this isn't exactly camping season so perhaps anyone out there will stick out a little more. It's not like the fourth of july where there'd be tents and popups as far as the eye could see.

I personally believe they're being harbored by an online RPG buddy who never unplugs from his machine or something, probably not too far from home. It's cold and they've probably gone to ground. Camping in the elements would be asinine and apparently they have no money to flee effectively.

I don't get it either. I've been sitting here for the past hour or so trying to figure out what on earth that could mean..and I have no idea. :waitasec:

Based on cummulative opinions of other Wsleuthers, we're thinking its kind of like "jailbait" buddy. That because of their age differences, he would go to jail if anyone found out about them.

I haven't found anything criminal in AL... just NC. At this point we know he's a bad dude. Fairly obv. Want we are looking for now are family/friends who knew JE...

Have you contacted the women he was sending kisses to on myspace (while living with Tina and her daughter)? There are four that we have found that all have teen daughters, and then a couple of just young girls too.

Those are starting to disappear as people realize he is in their comments flirting with them. They might have some insight though.

Why on earth would it take three days to post an Amber Alert?? Does that not defeat the purpose of the Alert itself??

what might that mean?

I am also Liaison with LE as A Forensic, Shrink...

I have not seen a Orange BOLO since we had a person in our mall shooting a gun at everyone and took off in his car shooting out the window...???

So, I have no Idea why??

Based on cummulative opinions of other Wsleuthers, we're thinking its kind of like "jailbait" buddy. That because of their age differences, he would go to jail if anyone found out about them.

The references I found for it, mostly on Anime and vampire boards, were not necessarily sexual in nature. Lots of girls claiming other girls as their handcuff buddy. But the meaning seemed to run along the "I would die with you" type of context.

I had assumed it was a sexual/bondage/kink reference, but those reference were the minority by far. Much more of the I would walk in front of a train, jump of a cliff, you mean so much to me, teenage melodrama.

The references I found for it, mostly on Anime and vampire boards, were not necessarily sexual in nature. Lots of girls claiming other girls as their handcuff buddy. But the meaning seemed to run along the "I would die with you" type of context.

I had assumed it was a sexual/bondage/kink reference, but those reference were the minority by far. Much more of the I would walk in front of a train, jump of a cliff, you mean so much to me, teenage melodrama.

Certainly could make sense in this case!!

It looks like there is a huge national forest (Jefferson National Forest) not too far from The Wal Mart. Maybe he took her up into the forest?

I almost means something along the lines of "partner in crime." I don't know how they could be posting something otherwise with her mom being friends with both of them. I think if it meant something sexual, someone would have said something. What I find weird is that it seems like she was posting that (hcb)ily right from the get-go. She would barely even know him. That seems so creepy.

Chris - One of my friend's adult child thought this Easley guy looked familiar to him, but yet he wasn't quite sure where he could know him from with 100% certainty, but he said this guy may have worked at Lowe's. It would have been the Lowe's on Franklin Rd. Might want to check with them to see if Easley had been employed there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay