GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why her dad is not speaking out...I understand wanting privacy, but she no longer has a mom to speak up for her...

Just noticing on the beginning of JVM show, they flashed various photos of Brittany and of course, used the one with the very low-cut top. It made me recall back to when I was 12 and an early developer, and I would do anything to hide that fact-kids are so different now...everything is about sex...

You can't see the comments when you use the m.myspace.com site online, but you can on the phone. It's pretty obvious that she's talking about JE when she says (hcb)ily, at least from September on. At one point she says it and he comments that he loves her too.

Maybe TJ was her boyfriend back in August?

If you can see the comments from the Nov 23rd updates he says "ily 2 shortstack" and "ily 2". He's the only person to comment on those updates.

Auburn AL Police says they had no such alert...

If not a local case, isn't it more likely that Amber Alerts would be issued by national LE (i.e., FBI, etc., as appropriate, if the alert needs to be spread quickly and widely). So who is more likely to get the alert first in a given metro area far from where the crime took place? State Police? Local Police? Or local News Media?

Has anyone ever thought that maybe he is using a bank card that belongs to someone else? If someone is helping maybe they have give him their bankcard or something.

Has anyone ever thought that maybe he is using a bank card that belongs to someone else? If someone is helping maybe they have give him their bankcard or something.

With 30 minutes of preplanning you can buy a prepaid visa or debit and be totally untraceable if you paid cash for the card.

Hey guys. I am one of the visitors that you've had here for the last couple days. I wish you guys were in charge of this investigation because you all are great!
I live in Christiansburg, just up the highway from Salem/Roanoke area. I see there are alot of my neighbors on here too, so hello to all.
Here's what I'm thinking about the tent. As a camper myself, I'd bet this guy is not experienced in camping at all or else he wouldn't be buying a tent. It is soooo cold here that in order to heat this tent, he would need some type of propane heater or build fires. The only type heater that Walmart sells that would work, a dual heater which uses two canisters of propane at a time, is a Mr Buddy. From Fri/Sat until today, he would need at least 20-30 canisters of propane and you can tell from the few items in the buggy, he did not buy propane or else the buggy would be full to the bim. The heater is also fairly large and I don't see it there either. I'm hoping he is building fires, that would make it much easier to spot from the air or land, but how would he keep the tent warm? LE stated today that he bought 'camping items' and also gatorade. (Any liquid not sitting directly on a fire, or extremely close, is going to freeze in these temperatures. quickly. The last couple nights it has been in the teens with a wind chill hovering around zero.) You just can't 'go camping' around here without some planning and alot more supplies that what they have in the that buggy. There are so many items which I'm sure he wouldn't even think about unless he's actually camped before.
I read that LE has ruled out Craig Co and Botetourt. Anyone know why? Also, does anyone know if VDOT records traffic on their trafficams and could those be reviewed to see if they can figure out if he got on I-81 and which way he went? I-81 is very close to this Walmart. If the guy is thinking at all, then he may head somewhere near water. SML area? (He was seen in SE Rke) or Giles Co along the New River maybe? There are lots of hunters out so I hope they are keeping a lookout but if they are in the tent, a hunter would probably not bother them unless they saw the car or a pic of the tent. LE did say that they think he is being helped out. Do you think Mom might be keeping in touch and not telling LE? There has to be a reason they think he is being helped and unfortunately that hasn't been reported.
Ok, I see this is super long, I'm sorry! Last thing, I hope this child is found alive. Whatever her involvement has been, and I honestly believe he has 'flirted' with her but I just can't bring myself to believe she is involved on the level that some people do. Yes, I know, I'm naive. And a mom, my son is her age. It's heartbreaking.

You can't see the comments when you use the m.myspace.com site online, but you can on the phone. It's pretty obvious that she's talking about JE when she says (hcb)ily, at least from September on. At one point she says it and he comments that he loves her too.

Maybe TJ was her boyfriend back in August?

That's possible too. I noticed that she doesn't really start saying (hcb)ily until around June, which would be around the time her Mom met him online. It seems like he may have been "courting" them both at the same time.

*Excuse me while I :sick:*

I'll have to take a look at the comments on my phone (iphone)...after work ofcourse. ;-)

I wonder why her dad is not speaking out...I understand wanting privacy, but she no longer has a mom to speak up for her...

Just noticing on the beginning of JVM show, they flashed various photos of Brittany and of course, used the one with the very low-cut top. It made me recall back to when I was 12 and an early developer, and I would do anything to hide that fact-kids are so different now...everything is about sex...

I do not know this for a fact but someone said that the deceased son's myspace or facebook (which is still online) talks alot about not knowing or seeing his dad. If they share a dad he may just not be involved in their lives.

And being a cop he may not think him being in the press will truly benefit the case.

The only thing is if he used the mothers Credit card then he couldn't charge over a certain amount without the head cashier having to look at his id and match it to the card. This explains why the tent they bought was 29.99 and not much else in food. They kept the cost under $100.00

As far as how much money he has, he has been living with TS since October. She could have been giving him money for things and he may have been saving it up until he felt he had enough to run off with BS (that is at least if the death of TS was planned out).

Does anyone know where in North Carolina these criminal issues took place?

They take place in three counties. I don't have the address of the events, but I have his known addresses at the time. Not sure I can post them though as some other innocent party probably lives there now.

With 30 minutes of preplanning you can buy a prepaid visa or debit and be totally untraceable if you paid cash for the card.

He could have used Tina's credit card to buy those debit cards at WalMart...

Yeah see he seems to be going about this in a "smart" way in what he is doing to not get caught and if you can do that I wonder if he took money out at an ATM and them bought one of the cards you mentioned.

As for tent I have seen the tents in Walmart and they are usually in a box. I hope they find the little girl soon before it is to late.

hey guys. I am one of the visitors that you've had here for the last couple days. I wish you guys were in charge of this investigation because you all are great!
I live in christiansburg, just up the highway from salem/roanoke area. I see there are alot of my neighbors on here too, so hello to all.
Here's what i'm thinking about the tent. As a camper myself, i'd bet this guy is not experienced in camping at all or else he wouldn't be buying a tent. It is soooo cold here that in order to heat this tent, he would need some type of propane heater or build fires. The only type heater that walmart sells that would work, a dual heater which uses two canisters of propane at a time, is a mr buddy. From fri/sat until today, he would need at least 20-30 canisters of propane and you can tell from the few items in the buggy, he did not buy propane or else the buggy would be full to the bim. The heater is also fairly large and i don't see it there either. I'm hoping he is building fires, that would make it much easier to spot from the air or land, but how would he keep the tent warm? Le stated today that he bought 'camping items' and also gatorade. (any liquid not sitting directly on a fire, or extremely close, is going to freeze in these temperatures. Quickly. The last couple nights it has been in the teens with a wind chill hovering around zero.) you just can't 'go camping' around here without some planning and alot more supplies that what they have in the that buggy. There are so many items which i'm sure he wouldn't even think about unless he's actually camped before.
I read that le has ruled out craig co and botetourt. Anyone know why? Also, does anyone know if vdot records traffic on their trafficams and could those be reviewed to see if they can figure out if he got on i-81 and which way he went? I-81 is very close to this walmart. If the guy is thinking at all, then he may head somewhere near water. Sml area? (he was seen in se rke) or giles co along the new river maybe? There are lots of hunters out so i hope they are keeping a lookout but if they are in the tent, a hunter would probably not bother them unless they saw the car or a pic of the tent. Le did say that they think he is being helped out. Do you think mom might be keeping in touch and not telling le? There has to be a reason they think he is being helped and unfortunately that hasn't been reported.
Ok, i see this is super long, i'm sorry! Last thing, i hope this child is found alive. Whatever her involvement has been, and i honestly believe he has 'flirted' with her but i just can't bring myself to believe she is involved on the level that some people do. Yes, i know, i'm naive. And a mom, my son is her age. It's heartbreaking.

welcome!!!

Yeah see he seems to be going about this in a "smart" way in what he is doing to not get caught and if you can do that I wonder if he took money out at an ATM and them bought one of the cards you mentioned.

As for tent I have seen the tents in Walmart and they are usually in a box. I hope they find the little girl soon before it is to late.

Tina may have had cash in the house as well. A lot of people have at least an emergency stash around. If he used her debit card to get cash I would think they would have added that to the charges. If he bought a prepaid card with a debit card they could trace it which would defeat the point of buying one. He is street savvy, if he is using one he paid cash. IMO

Welcome, sam24...! We have two of the Mr Buddy heaters ourselves. They are great but you're right - they really use up the canisters.

Thanks for your post.

ETA: Yes, this is a great site and a great group of folks. I have always been amazed at the amount of time/energy put into these cases by folks doing it all for free and because they like it... Amazing, if you ask me.

As far as how much money he has, he has been living with TS since October. She could have been giving him money for things and he may have been saving it up until he felt he had enough to run off with BS (that is at least if the death of TS was planned out).

I don't think this is the case because if so he would have bought a better tent prior to when he did. Unless it was done just to throw of LE.

Forgot to add, there is another presser scheduled for 8:30pm. It is being reported that a member of her dad's family is going to make a statement.

I do not know this for a fact but someone said that the deceased son's myspace or facebook (which is still online) talks alot about not knowing or seeing his dad. If they share a dad he may just not be involved in their lives.

And being a cop he may not think him being in the press will truly benefit the case.

I get the impression they had different fathers. Their last names are different, and in the article posted by "FHC" yesterday, TS family stated that BS would come to visit her father often. Also, on her myspace stream she posted that she was visiting her dad.

If not a local case, isn't it more likely that Amber Alerts would be issued by national LE (i.e., FBI, etc., as appropriate, if the alert needs to be spread quickly and widely). So who is more likely to get the alert first in a given metro area far from where the crime took place? State Police? Local Police? Or local News Media?

An Amber Alert has been issued today in Alabama for BS

http://www.whnt.com/whnt-alabama-issues-amber-alert-120810,0,2059236.story

http://www.ncmec.org/missingkids/servlet/AmberServlet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics