GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Kaylynn! I don't know if I can post a link but you can see the presser at wdbj7 dot com.

JE might think he is in love, did 2 times before also, but domestic abuse has been reported.
I see Brittney taking allot from him after his honeymoon days are over!

Knowing now that the family confronted Tina about the relationship between JE and Brittany and that they claim to have called CPS literally the day her postings take such a dark and fatal tone, and the timing of her death and her missing work.... I don't think it was planned much in advance at all.

Not to be disgusting, but there is little way to avoid it, I don't think he wanted to kill Tina as long as she let him be there and do what he was doing with Brittany. She was paying the bills, giving him the cover of an adult relationship, and probably stroking his ego if there was sense of jealousy and bickering going on in the household.

The confrontation from the family seems to have been the catalyst to this from what I can see.

I think you are absolutely 100% correct on the way this crime has happened. I wish that Tina had called the police to get this monster out of her house. This monster is going to do anything he can to get to BS.
In no way do I hold this child responsible for anything that has occured with her or her mom. She is 12. JE has lied, manipulated, coerced, bribed, and kidnapped this child. That is what molesters do all the time. I think he will or has possibly killed BS. Time for BS is really of essance, now! BS is in grave danger, without a doubt!

this will actually be the 3rd one today. 10:30 am 3:30 and then 8:30

I wonder if something happened? This seems unusual to me! Going to go shower so I can be back here by 8 for Nancy Grace. She is covering the case tonight.

Two pressers in one day????

It's scary isn't it?

IMO There needs to be a nationwide Amber Alert, they could be anywhere by now. They had a HUGE head start.

I'm concerned they don't seem to have sleeping bags for low temps.

We know she was at Wal-Mart on Friday evening ... but do we know for sure that she was not in school on Friday?

I was wondering the same thing because another theory I had was what if TS confronted JSE on Thursday about how she wanted him to leave the house. I'm pretty sure she brought up the involvement between him and BS ( due to her own instincts and what her family told her about Thanksgiving ) and how she didn't want him there around her or her daughter anymore. Maybe an argument started, which would have explained her status updates that Thursday night and Friday. It's almost like she wrote out that he threatened her life without actually saying it. The reason I wonder if BS was in school on Friday was because if she wasn't, it would explain that maybe TS felt threatened and kept BS home where she could be close to her. If an argument had spun, I wonder if BS ( in the heat of the moment ) felt like her mom was trying to keep JSE from her ; so of course, if she was in "love" with this man, she would side with him ; so maybe he convinced her that the best thing to do would be to leave, which could have caused tension on Friday leading up to TS's death and their fleeing to become on the run. I wish we knew a TOD for TS, as well as where JSE's vehicle was abandoned.

I don't even know if I typed half of this out as I see it played out in my head.

I was wondering the same thing because another theory I had was what if TS confronted JSE on Thursday about how she wanted him to leave the house. I'm pretty sure she brought up the involvement between him and BS ( due to her own instincts and what her family told her about Thanksgiving ) and how she didn't want him there around her or her daughter anymore. Maybe an argument started, which would have explained her status updates that Thursday night and Friday. It's almost like she wrote out that he threatened her life without actually saying it. The reason I wonder if Brittany was in school on Friday was because if she wasn't, it would explain that maybe TS felt threatened and kept BS home where she could be close to her. If an argument had spun, I wonder if Brittany ( in the heat of the moment ) felt like her mom was trying to keep JSE from her ; so of course, if she was "in love" with this man, she would side with him ; so maybe he convinced her that the best thing to do would be to leave, which could have caused tension on Friday leading up to TS's death and their fleeing to become on the run. I wish we knew a TOD for TS, as well as where JSE's vehicle was abandoned. I don't even know if I typed half of this out as I see it played out in my head.

SO FRUSTRATING !!!

Knowing that CPS had been called too she may have kept her out of school in hopes that by the time they talked to Brittany they could both say he was gone and minimize the investigation/risk of losing her daughter.

Knowing that CPS had been called too she may have kept her out of school in hopes that by the time they talked to Brittany they could both say he was gone and minimize the investigation/risk of losing her daughter.

Very true !

My brother was murdered when I was 19 and you go through an emotional rollercoaster every day. It was extremely difficult for me to process those emotions at 19...I can only imagine how difficult that would be for a 10/11 year old.
Also the family dynamic was baaaad for years afterwards. My mom who was at the time and still is a single mother still had a younger brother living in the house, me and my two older brothers (one a twin of the brother that died) had moved out already but we used to come over ALL the time.
My Mom changed that day (we all did) she lost her child, violently, but as a mother she felt she had no choice but to grieve "quickly" and attempt to move on for our sake. It used to make me angry that she didn't seem to cry as much as we did or that she didn't seem to grieve like we did. We wouldn't visit as much, there was anger and fighting all the time, my younger brother was acting out and getting in trouble in school. It was ugly for looong time. It took babies being born (not sayin that's theanswer) to get our family back to a new "normalcy".

Sorry to ramble, but I just wanted to show that grief has a horrible way of tearing a family apart, and making someone feel like the whole world is crashing down. You're have your weakest and most vulnerable times and will find anything to make you feel even the slightest bit better.

Looking for Brittany Mae Smith: The role of Facebook
How Social Media websites play into this case

<snipped>The U.S. Attorney's office is now involved in the case. A spokesperson there told News 7 because they are involved in the case they can't talk about it.

A spokesperson did say getting information from across state lines such as from Facebook that's headquartered in California would fall to federal authorities.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj-looking-for-brittany-mae-smith-120810,0,2873373.story

Nancy Grace is covering the story/case right now on her show !!!

I'm not sure how another 12 yr old would hide them...wouldn't that 12 yr old have parents who would want to know why there is another child and a grown adult in their household? Any ideas?

Children have unusual concepts of "loyalty" sometimes.

And if [a] the "fugitives" told the other 12 yr old that all the stories on the news media were "lies" (if the "friend" happened to have seen any of the stories) ... AND/OR

if the other 12 yr old's parents were drunk, stoned, or out of town for a few days ...

It might be easy for a bright [?] girl like BS or her charming buddy to convince a cooperative 12 yr old "friend" of almost anything, if the friend happens to be gullible enough or reeeeeally feels a strong sense of loyalty to BS.

Stranger things have happened. :banghead:

My brother was murdered when I was 19 and you go through an emotional rollercoaster every day. It was extremely difficult for me to process those emotions at 19...I can only imagine how difficult that would be for a 10/11 year old.
Also the family dynamic was baaaad for years afterwards. My mom who was at the time and still is a single mother still had a younger brother living in the house, me and my two older brothers (one a twin of the brother that died) had moved out already but we used to come over ALL the time.
My Mom changed that day (we all did) she lost her child, violently, but as a mother she felt she had no choice but to grieve "quickly" and attempt to move on for our sake. It used to make me angry that she didn't seem to cry as much as we did or that she didn't seem to grieve like we did. We wouldn't visit as much, there was anger and fighting all the time, my younger brother was acting out and getting in trouble in school. It was ugly for looong time. It took babies being born (not sayin that's theanswer) to get our family back to a new "normalcy".

Sorry to ramble, but I just wanted to show that grief has a horrible way of tearing a family apart, and making someone feel like the whole world is crashing down. You're have your weakest and most vulnerable times and will find anything to make you feel even the slightest bit better.

I am so sorry! Hugs to you!

I keep looking at that photo of them in Wallmart and I am convinced she is terrified and that he has something in his pocket or behind his back to control her. This is not looking good at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz