GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if this was planned. If so, maybe it's possible there is no one helping them.

They could have saved up little bits of money at a time, packed up a few things from the house (food, clothes, etc) but just enough to where it wasn't overly noticeable, made arrangements for transportation and a place to stay in advance (under an alias), etc.

For them to stay on the run this long, it had to have either been planned or someone is helping them.

Could BS have had some money stashed? As a 12 year old, I usually had a pretty good amount from birthdays and babysitting...

Also, if she knew where her mom may have stashed some cash in the house..could have taken that as well.

Seeing how he is a planning type predator... I think it is very possible he had it all planned out...

I wish we knew more about this guy. He can drive a truck and cut grass.

Some one out there has to know somethings about him. Does he like to fish, hunt, play golf, fears heights, cant swim or excellent swimmer. They could have also gone up into Amish or Quaker areas. Some of those up in the mountain little towns know nothing about this. Or....they are in someones home.....tided some one up or killed them. oh Lordy Lordy.
we also might think about him ditching her and the car in a lake, river.

Why do you think he is the planning type? I see him more of the spur of the moment kind. flys off on some idea, then if it dont work, hes flittered off to something elese. I dont know:(

I wish we knew more about this guy. He can drive a truck and cut grass.

Some one out there has to know somethings about him. Does he like to fish, hunt, play golf, fears heights, cant swim or excellent swimmer. They could have also gone up into Amish or Quaker areas. Some of those up in the mountain little towns know nothing about this. Or....they are in someones home.....tided some one up or killed them. oh Lordy Lordy.
we also might think about him ditching her and the car in a lake, river.

We know he fishes since fishing without a license was one of his past transgressions.

I don't know if I saw this mentioned, but did you know he has a 10 yr old child from his first marriage? a boy

I wonder if this was planned. If so, maybe it's possible there is no one helping them.

They could have saved up little bits of money at a time, packed up a few things from the house (food, clothes, etc) but just enough to where it wasn't overly noticeable, made arrangements for transportation and a place to stay in advance (under an alias), etc.

For them to stay on the run this long, it had to have either been planned or someone is helping them.

BS posted a comment on her MS back in October (paraphrased) about messing it all up because of what she was putting on her FB and MS.
If the situation was possibly being questioned in Oct, maybe that's when the planning started.

I thought he just moved in with them in the beginning of October. Could they have planned and stashed very much in that amount of time?

A daughter too from a blog on one of his profiles I saw through phone. Hoping this posts, do not know if I am activated or not but been trying for couple days to post.

OMG, I finally caught up with the thread. It tooks hours!

Welcome to Websleuths Sjababy! It's good to have you here :) Glad you were finally able to post.

I wish we knew if he had any siblings. They're not letting a whole lot of info out about this guy that's for sure.

My Son just leaned over my shoulder and said, “ it would only take 1 ½ hour to spray that car Flat Black, so no one could see it at night, shave his head and goatee, crop her hair all off and be off, not looking anything like they do in those pictures”…
I asked him How would you know this…. He rolled his eyes at me… Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Does anyone have a updated flyer?

Also I been missing it everytime that JE had Tatoos I have yet to find a photo of the tatoos.

I am going to our big town tonight... I have a habit of riding thru the truck stops off I70.
(Drives DH nuts) (I always scare if I am with my dd that no one think we are Ladies of the night):innocent: OT that joke:blushing:

I was just in the Salem Walmart to buy a printer ink cartridge. I walked out the same set of doors they did = very eerie feeling. It's my normal routine to be in Walmart 3-5 times a week because I'm always forgetting something on my list ; so when I walked into the store, I was thinking of them, but lost train of thought as I was inside yet I noticed I was taking in more of what was going around me, but as soon as I was leaving to go outside, I caught myself thinking of JSE and BS because I saw the camera while walking out the set of doors.

I noticed that there were a lot of Roanoke Co cops out. I passed at least 6 that I could count, which is more than usual.

We do not know exactly when he worked or quit work in the "landscaping business". Since he apparently moved into TS's home in October, if he was still getting any sort of paycheck, he had no expenses, other than gas for his old SUV, so he could have saved a couple paychecks. We don't even know his previous residence immediately prior to moving in with her. There may be some other woman he lived with for a while and his "plan" did not materialize with her, so he moved to his next potential victims, TS and BS.

I also wish someone would have asked LE if they thought there was any connection with the butchered cow in Botetourt County. This may not have even occurred to them either. Remember they said they want all calls, even if they could end up to be "silly". He said we have followed many tips that have turned out to be silly ones but they still want all tips.

Maybe someone should PM the reporter from WDBJ and ask if he has heard this discussed. I cannot remember his name. I cannot even find any posts from him or remember exactly when he joined the WS thread.

I don't know if I saw this mentioned, but did you know he has a 10 yr old child from his first marriage? a boy
I read somewhere that he also has a 1 1/2 yr old too.

I wish they would remind the public to check their land and barns. There are many many large farms (50+ acres) and farmers won't be out on their land often this time of year. The missing girl from UVA was found months later on farmland. The farmer said he only checked his property a couple times a year just looking for broken fences and he found her. Also, many barns are placed on land which may not have a house on the property with the owners living somewhere else.
My gut says they are still in this area and they probably have not moved. I think the tent was a 'in case we need it' type thing.

I think Dad is staying away from media because they don't what to make JE mad and do a revenge killing. He's been in trouble with LE before.

Someone upthread mentioned Aja's case (sorry don't remember who) ITA - this has had shades of Aja's case since it broke.

Kudos to LE working this case...they are "on it"! I am very impressed with the caliber of investigation they seem to be doing now. In so many other cases, (Aja, for example), there is no consistent reporting / pressers, to keep the cases in the media. I think this will payoff, not sure what the outcome will be (which scares me) but I had to "tip my hat" to LE in this case!

I also think that Brittany must have loved Christmas and the family shared that with LE - thus the inclusion of Christmas activities from the family pleads over the last couple of days.

Finally, I believe LE has gained some credible information about potential travels, because they really, really stepped up the press / media and AA in Florida and Alabama yesterday...after we heard that they had gained limited access to FB and/or MS.

Prayers for Brittany and her family. I can't begin to imagine the nightmare they are going through.

I thought he just moved in with them in the beginning of October. Could they have planned and stashed very much in that amount of time?

I wonder while he was doing the online courting of Mom, if he was talking to Brit behind mom's back the whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member