GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had heard that Easley was spotted in SE thru one of the local news stories (I believe it was reported thru WDBJ). NG seems to get some things not exactly right. For some reason I don't think that SUV was found there. I know a lot of SE people that lives in various parts of SE Roanoke and no one has made any mention of his vehicle being found there.

No way :)
On Wednesday night, she was showing the Walmart video, saying Urgent and This Just In...really making it sound as though the Walmart visit had just happened moments ago...

In not finishing HS he has probably gone from menial job to menial job, probably doing just enough to get by and using women to fill in the gaps in between (JMHO). To me, it seems about the only thing he has done is to surf the Internet looking for/talking to women. I just pick up a lazy vibe from him.

I have two close friends that he added to his MySpace within the last year from this area who said that he tried hitting on them. One of them told him right off she had a boyfriend and he backed off, but she said he still commented her statuses on a daily basis, more so than all her other friends. The other friend said they were supposed to hang-out and texted each other often, but about a week or two leading up to what happened, he stopped texting her.

It's like I said earlier that I think there are way more girls who were associated with him, but may be too scared to say anything since he is still on the loose.

I have two close friends that he added to his MySpace within the last year from this area who said that he tried hitting on them. One of them told him right off she had a boyfriend and he backed off, but she said he still commented her statuses on a daily basis, more so than all her other friends. The other friend said they were supposed to hang-out and texted each other often, but about a week or two leading up to what happened, he stopped texting her.

It's like I said earlier that I think there are way more girls who were associated with him, but may be too scared to say anything since he is still on the loose.

Japandaa, thank you so much for your local insight and your personal experiences in this case. Thinking of you as you talk to LE later today... Nice to have you here. :)

Japandaa, thank you so much for your local insight and your personal experiences in this case. Thinking of you as you talk to LE later today... Nice to have you here. :)

Thank you !

I try to get involved and help out as much as I can, even if it's just browsing the internet for research, information, and talking to people. I remember when I first moved to Salem and nothing went on in this town. It seems like within the past years, things are hitting home way too much, especially so close to where I live.

My brother is a Roanoke City cop and we always watched a lot of crime dramas, shows, documentaries, etc. growing-up. It's always been an interest of mine ; so I would feel worthless if I didn't try to help out the cases going on in my own community. I told my mother the other day that it was eerie that I use to watch the news/shows and always said "Thank God this isn't happening here" and I know it happens everywhere, but lately everything going on here is beyond scary.

I just saw the photo of the car. And now I am mad that the LE didnt releases information about the costom spoiler on the car from day one. Or did I miss it?

Hello all....been following this closely and you are all so amazing. My teenage daughter caught this on the news with me, and she said that what struck her was the similarity to an episode of CSI entitled "Go to Hell". Now all the circumstances aren't the same, but I believe that CSI episode mirrored a real-life crime where a young girl murdered her family with the help of a much older boyfriend. I have no idea if it's relevant or not, but thought it was interesting that she found it so eerily similar to that CSI episode. You never know how a person's mind works, and where their ideas germinate. Has anyone seen that episode and if so could be in any way helpful to figuring out their mindset?

Hello all....been following this closely and you are all so amazing. My teenage daughter caught this on the news with me, and she said that what struck her was the similarity to an episode of CSI entitled "Go to Hell". Now all the circumstances aren't the same, but I believe that CSI episode mirrored a real-life crime where a young girl murdered her family with the help of a much older boyfriend. I have no idea if it's relevant or not, but thought it was interesting that she found it so eerily similar to that CSI episode. You never know how a person's mind works, and where their ideas germinate. Has anyone seen that episode and if so could be in any way helpful to figuring out their mindset?

I don't watch CSI (I think it's something else that I could get totally wrapped up in!), but I just wanted to say "Welcome"... :)

I just saw the photo of the car. And now I am mad that the LE didnt releases information about the costom spoiler on the car from day one. Or did I miss it?

I just heard about it recently as well. I didn't understand either why it wasn't pointed out in the beginning because it makes a huge difference on a car.

:Welcome-12-june:

Glad you joined us here at WS!!

I don't watch CSI but it is an interesting theory, hmmmm.....

wm

I just heard about it recently as well. I didn't understand either why that wasn't pointed out in the beginning because it makes a huge difference on a car.

I am really sitting here burning up over it. I mean that car stands out because of it. HUGE you are right ,they could of had him already. Maybe they didnt want him to take it off. If it wasnt mentioned at first and they assumed he would be watching he would know he didnt release that fact so it wouldnt be removed. On the other hand One would look at it and think it did not fit the description because it was not mentioned. A car with no spoiler could still fit the description , A car with a costom spoiler does not because it wasnt in the description.

I guess I can understand hold back details to make sure you got the right car when you get a tip but maybe holding back the color of the car in the case would have worked out better. light colored neon with costom spoiler?? I dunno. I am Just upset.

I just saw a picture of the tent and realized that the blue part is just the rain cover. If that is removed, then it becomes a yellowish tent... That should be clarified b/c someone may completely ignore a yellow tent if they're looking for a bright blue one.

From roanoke.com (ETA: I also added the picture of the Neon, since neither of these verbal descriptions are accurate):

1209_tent_125.jpg
SilverNeon125.jpg

With all the speak of HIS SUV, there is a pic of it on his myspace rate me link. If you go to TS's myspace and click on the first msg from him about rating pics there's a ton on there... and I saw one of his red SUV. I am sure he ditched it like all others have stated, its rough on gas...etc, also because its RED. It stands out.

You're right. It is quite similar to Go to Hell. CSI's usually good at doing a subtle spin on real-life cases or types of cases. I believe the first season episode Gentle, Gentle was based on a writer's take on the JonBenet Ramsey case. The allusions are there, but they don't promo it as such like Law and Order's "ripped from the headlines" ad spots.

People give CSI a lot of crap for not presenting realistic timelines, etc, but I think they delve into the motives and psychology a lot better than the spinoffs or knockoffs. I'm acquainted with one of the writers who has a psychology background and he took me through his mindset while writing one of the darker episodes from early in the show's run. The thought processes were amazing and deep and more than someone who poo-poos the show as eye candy would ever give him or it credit for.

Sorry for the OT. But yeah, I think that people are what they watch, and I can see where someone watching an old repeat on Spike might get an idea sparked. I don't think TV will make you act against your nature, but if you're so compelled, it could certainly prompt a course of action.

Does LE know for a fact that the SUV was driven on Friday, or could it have been where it was found longer than that? Was he driving that vehicle every day?

It was reported earlier in this thread that both vehicles were spotted in the driveway Friday pm

I wonder how big of a part her dad played in her life? Did he know her mom had allowed this creep to move in and if so was he ok with it? He could have run a background check on him if he was aware I would think. Not blaming anyone, just thinking outloud.

I've also seen mention on SOME sites about an Obama bumper sticker. but not every site. so is there a bumper sticker or not?

A local poster has stated that her husband has, or is going to check, their acreage. I wonder if others have thought of doing the same thing. I don't believe LE has recommended that people do so...because Easley is believed to be dangerous and they don't know if he's armed or not.

But I do hope people, especially in the rural areas, do check their land and outbuildings - but do so carefully. And check on elderly relatives and single women friends that live alone to make sure they are okay...one never knows what Easley might do to obtain a warm place to sleep or for food.

I'm a little concerned that when goggling today, I'm not getting as much updated coverage or new stories as I did yesterday. I hope this is not a sign of coverage to come.

I am thinking its now either a murder/suicide or they are out of the country. NO one has spotted ANYTHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717