GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About two hours after Brittany Smith was found, three officers along with a case investigator arrived at the home where Tina Smith's body was found. They focused on the backyard, taking multiple pictures. So far, no one has been charged with her murder.

The investigators would not say why they are searching the house, and police won't say how Tina Smith died.

This is on WDBJ7. Does anyone have any ideas why they are focusing on the backyard ?

Thank you Lord, she was found!! what a relief...

regarding a tent- the one bought at Wal Mart was apparently left behind-

"The tent they purchased was apparently found near the retail store where Brittany Smtih and Jeff Easley were spotted."

snipped-
http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj-breaking-news-brittany-mae-sm-121010,0,7869013.story

IMO I don't believe they were tent camping

Local San Francisco reporters said that they were found "in a tent within walking distance of the Safeway" according to police sources. Hard to say.

About two hours after Brittany Smith was found, three officers along with a case investigator arrived at the home where Tina Smith's body was found. They focused on the backyard, taking multiple pictures. So far, no one has been charged with her murder.

The investigators would not say why they are searching the house, and police won't say how Tina Smith died.

This is on WDBJ7. Does anyone have any ideas why they are focusing on the backyard ?

I'm trying to figure out that one, too. I wonder if some sort of weapon or other evidence was tossed or buried back there? But that's just speculation...

I'm trying to figure out that one, too. I wonder if some sort of weapon or other evidence was tossed or buried back there? But that's just speculation...
could she have been killed because of being hit with a vehicle?

Well, i'm probably totally off, but originally Cf Lavinder said they 'may never be able to give a TOD' soooo... I think she was burned. Horrible as it seems, that's the only thing I can think of. I think they have pieced the time of death together by other means than the actually condition of the body itself. JMO.

Thank you Lord, she was found!! what a relief...

regarding a tent- the one bought at Wal Mart was apparently left behind-

"The tent they purchased was apparently found near the retail store where Brittany Smtih and Jeff Easley were spotted."

snipped-
http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj-breaking-news-brittany-mae-sm-121010,0,7869013.story

IMO I don't believe they were tent camping

I don't think it was left behind - I think they had it and the "retail store" was Safeway. In the presser, Chief Lavinder originally kept saying that they were spotted at "a retail store" in SF but wouldn't name it. It came out later that it was actually a Safeway.

So I guess it could mean WalMart, or Safeway?

I don't think it was left behind - I think they had it and the "retail store" was Safeway. In the presser, Chief Lavinder originally kept saying that they were spotted at "a retail store" in SF but wouldn't name it. It came out later that it was actually a Safeway.

So I guess it could mean WalMart, or Safeway?

Local news confirmed it was Safeway, plus there is NO Walmart in that area.

Well, i'm probably totally off, but originally Cf Lavinder said they 'may never be able to give a TOD' soooo... I think she was burned. Horrible as it seems, that's the only thing I can think of. I think they have pieced the time of death together by other means than the actually condition of the body itself. JMO.

I saw an article this evening saying late morning to early afternoon last Friday as approx. time of death. I'll see if I can locate it...

ETA: Here it is - not early afternoon but definitely "afternoon" and not "evening":

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/12/10/virginia.missing.child/index.html

...(snipped)..."That's probably as close as medical science is going to be able to give us," Lavinder said of estimates that Tina Smith died between late the morning of December 3 and sometime that afternoon....(snipped)...

Now that I think about it.... she had a pretty large nice looking pool in her backyard, could he have drowned her? Then again, it's dang cold here, would that be impossible or another 'sunset boulevard' scenerio?

Wow, I was so bummed about the case hitting an apparent brick wall I stayed away from all TV and Computer stuff this evening and then came back to this excellent news! A Christmas blessing...no matter how bittersweet it is, I'll take it!

Local news confirmed it was Safeway, plus there is NO Walmart in that area.

Sarx, I was responding to the post saying that the tent was left behind. I was talking about the WalMart in Salem...

It is sad though, that when finally someone is found alive and okay, there is still a murdered woman...it is hard to be too happy.

I would like to know why San Francisco? What was his connection to SF? How did he know that he could hide there? This now turns to research for me for future cases. This is an anomaly and not something I've seen often, so I hope I can find some clues that will make sense of it. Old girlfriend, family, family friends he had once visited (not that he had connected with any of them, just a reason for knowing SF).

If being outside, in a tent, near this Rite Aid is true... SF is a notorious shelter/squatter city. I think Oprah had a huge show about the squatter cities near there last year. I am not saying that being next to this drug store in the tent would make it near the cities themselves, but I don't doubt this area being desensitized to seeing this type of situation; homeless and living out of tents. (Many of us are, unfortunately.)
These are places that people end up and typically "disappear", it's just hard to imagine it with a child there. Then again, there are children there already.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?f=/c/a/2003/12/03/MNGGA3EE811.DTL&object=%2Fc%2Fpictures%2F2003%2F12%2F03%2Fmn_nation013_bw.jpg

Just my assumption. Could be family, weather, friends or multiplies of other things.

I don't think we ever saw a picture of the backyard did we? was there any parking back there? I know some people who only ever use their backdoors and that's where they park. Could Tina have jumped in front of a car that was trying to drive away to stop them?

Hi everyone! I am new here and will say I have been lurking a long time reading all of the helpful tips, speculations and etc. I just wanted to say I am so grateful she has been found safe and that he has been caught as well. This is wonderful news! God answered many prayers over this!

:dance:

I am just so sad for her mother and chilled over her last myspace posting as if she "knew she was about to die".

:furious:

My questions is this. It is more and more looking like someone else is involved. Do any of you agree? Opinions? SanFran is a great place but is also another "window to the world city" like NYC or LA. Many things could happen there. Sex trade? etc...

Maybe I am off.. But could it be possible he was apart of a *advertiser censored* ring, sex trade group etc. and was bringing her to this group? Or am I giving this guy to much credit with what he is involved in.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Thank You!

-J

:dance:

Sarx, I was responding to the post saying that the tent was left behind. I was talking about the WalMart in Salem...

LOL, whoops my bad, thought u meant out here (plus whomever said they didn't think they were camping I think I rolled it all together)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiosities