GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
--- On Fri, 12/10/10, posters@ncmec.org <posters@ncmec.org> wrote:

Subject: Missing Child Poster Partner Recovery - Virginia
To: <redacted>
Date: Friday, December 10, 2010, 9:12 PM

Brittany Smith missing from Salem, VA, has been recovered. Please discontinue dissemination of this poster. Your participation in this program has made a valuable contribution to this recovery.

Please remove and discard any posters on this case that you have placed in public view.

Thank you for your support.

The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Visit our web site at www.missingkids.com.

Hooray!!!!! I woke up to this wonderful news this morning!!! Brittany can spend Christmas with her family now. I pray she gets the help she needs to deal with the trauma of this ordeal.

RIP Tina. Your baby girl is safe now.....

wm

ps I am looking forward to pics of JE doing the perp walk and wearing his new bracelets.
;)

WDBJ just reported that Investigators were on their way to SF now. Also one of their reporters, Justin McCloud (I think they said) was on his way also to cover the court proceedings out there as well.

WDBJ just reported that Investigators were on their way to SF now. Also one of their reporters, Justin McCloud (I think they said) was on his way also to cover the court proceedings out there as well.

I wish them a safe trip as the venture across the country.

Interesting that the latest news reports out of San Francisco do place the timeline at exactly the time the investigator's phone started ringing during the news conference. The 911 call was just after noon PST and the arrest within about 30 minutes or so after that.

Hooray!!!!! I woke up to this wonderful news this morning!!! Brittany can spend Christmas with her family now. I pray she gets the help she needs to deal with the trauma of this ordeal.

RIP Tina. Your baby girl is safe now.....

wm

ps I am looking forward to pics of JE doing the perp walk and wearing his new bracelets.
;)

"Handcuff Buddy" will take on a whole new meaning in prison. Maybe he will have a big burly HCB now.

I am just so happy this child was found safe. She was very lucky and I really hope she can get her life back to normal. Has anyone said what they were arguing over? I think I read in an earlier post that they had been arguing when they lady recognized them. She was most likely being a typical 12 year old at that point and disagreeing with him.

I am just very sad that B has lost her mom and brother in such a short time. It does however seem she has a very loving/caring family and that it a good thing for her right now.

Psych Guest: she was being threatened in way we can't see right now. we see that all the time. Stockholm, brainwashing, trauma---she will be able to say exactly what was on her mind.

I think one of the things that will be most helpful will be the records LE finally has from all the social networking sites that the three posted on.

I have a feeling a lot of information is on there that will assist LE in getting to the truth.... whatever that happens to be.

IMO

I must say, japandaa, I have never heard of this lady being missing.. I grew up and lived in Rke my entire life up until a move to C'burg 3 yrs ago. I will certainly check this case out because that's not right. I will check this out tomorrow (after the wine from celebrating tonight has worn off :)
What is going on around here? What about the two VT kids killed last year near Jefferson Nat'l Forest? And the UVA girl? And of course 4/16 on tech's campus? And the beheading at VT two years ago? It's insane. And this is just from my regional knowledge, what about all the countrywide killings??
Yes I have lived in Rke all my life too and this is the first I have heard of this missing lady too. I'll definitely read up on the threads for her. Thanks to you and MBLover for bringing her up so we other locals are aware (or anyone else that was not aware too) We are strong in our numbers, aren't we WSers.

Welcome to WS's VirginiaNative! I think we are all in agreement that we are going to rejoice in the recovery of Brittany and we will hold off on any speculation as to any involvement she might have had regarding Tina's death. For one thing, we KNOW BS is a victim of kidnapping and being manipulated by JE. Brittany is a minor, and after you have been here at WS's, you will understand that we are passionate about vicitm rights, and about the rights of minors in general. JE, on the otherhand, has officially been charged with kidnapping and credit card fraud because of his use of Tina's credit card. It is therefore, logical that he is perhaps also involved in the death of TS. I think it is fair for us to discuss his involvement, because that is what we do. We are a group of people from many different walks in life with many different viewpoints. We are not a jury so we can't convict anyone, and unlike a jury we are not prohibited from discussing the facts and evidence as they become available. I look forward to your perspective on this case.

The most recent article from the Roanoke Times says he has not been called a suspect in Tina's murder but obviously that could change at any time:

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/270474

It says he is charged with abduction. What's interesting is that the Times ran another article a few days ago and talked to the Roanoke Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney. He mentioned another local case where a 10 year old willingly ran off and had sex with a 22 year old. That man wasn't charged with abduction but was charged with rape because anyone under 13 can't give consent (that seems a little young for the cutoff to me).

Obviously there is a lot more to the story and while I don't presume to know what they will charge him with I'm sure they will push hard to pin as much as they can on him. It will be interesting to see just what those charges will be.

I realize that all facts aren't in, and reserve the right to change my mind when I learn more, but I have a very hard time thinking of this girl as anything other than a victim in all of this. Here is this grown man living in her home, influencing her and gaining her trust, probably filling her head with nonsense and further isolating her from her grieving mother, while she herself was vulnerable due to grief. How easy it would be for a man to plant seeds of dissension between mother and daughter when he decided the daughter would be more his cup of tea. The women was distraught and obviously not thinking clearly to have moved him into her home. She has been described as "too trusting." I imagine those words could definitely be ascribed to a 12-year-old child. If the mother was taken in by his duplicity and fooled into trusting and perhaps even loving him, manipulating a child to doing his bidding would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

All MOO.

VirginiaNative wrote:
<modsnip from unapproved post>

Welcome !
Yes, I am glad you noted that your post is "strictly" about the homicide investigation.

While WSers dig deep, they have no power to convict - but it is clear JE has previous a&b charges brought against him by former wives, the witnessing of inappropriateness with BS (regardless of her feelings), and the obvious guilt involved in running from the law with a minor child.

That being said, many people will logically come to the conclusion that he is in some way responsible (even if only accomplice during or after the fact) and therefore guilty in the homicide investigation. There is no way (imoo) that he illegally used a dead woman's credit card to buy camping gear, disappeared, never used the card again and did NOT know that she was dead. Thus - guilty of accomplice in some form.
No conviction can happen on any of our feelings, but the facts are there at this point that he had knowledge and further committed additional crimes.

I hope that made sense - I am sorry for your past history and hope that everyone knows these are my opinions only and that I do agree that punishment should be aggressive and swift for all guilty parties and only time will tell in the investigation.

Well, this article answers a lot of questions!!!

http://www.ktvu.com/news/26098216/detail.html

snip:
"A Safeway spokeswoman said Jeffrey Scott Easely, 32, and the 12-year-old girl never actually made it into the store -- they were pan-handling outside when a customer recognized them and called police."

and here is the answer to how they got across the country:
snip:
"A source with San Francisco Police said that Easely attempted to drive the 12-year-old girl across the country but ran out of gas, forcing them to take a bus to San Francisco. Police were still looking for Easely's vehicle Friday."

ReallY?? Really? They could sit on a bus across country and no one had reported that??? :banghead::banghead:

snip:
"A Safeway spokeswoman said Jeffrey Scott Easely, 32, and the 12-year-old girl never actually made it into the store -- they were pan-handling outside when a customer recognized them and called police."

snip:
"A source with San Francisco Police said that Easely attempted to drive the 12-year-old girl across the country but ran out of gas, forcing them to take a bus to San Francisco. Police were still looking for Easely's vehicle Friday."

ReallY?? Really? They could sit on a bus across country and no one had reported that??? :banghead::banghead:
It will be interesting to know where (city, state) and when they got on the bus, and whether anyone helped JE fund the bus tickets.

Apparently the window of opportunity from Friday evening until Monday morning gave JE enough of a head start to skip town (and state).

snip:

snip:

Taking Brittany across state lines, if he sexually assaulted her, will bring yet another charge against him...I do hope they find the truth in what happened to Tina and pray that Brittany will be absolved in that alleged murder. She's a child tho she may appear older, she's only 12 y/o!

I am so happy Brittany was found alive, happier yet, that people are aware of their surroundings and did what was right for Brittany...She should not have been with him at all...JMHO

Justice for Tina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members