GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Much has been discussed regarding BS and TS and their mother/daughter relationship, etc., but I cannot get the picture out of my mind of JE's mother making a plea for JE to take BS to a safe place and let her go home. I have to wonder what his "mental age is". His mom, in my opinion, sounded like she was talking to him like he was a 12-year-old. I realize this may be a little harsh to say this about his mom since she was obviously worried about him, but I just hate to see any woman babying a grown son. It gives me the willies. Perhaps he sees himself as a 12-year-old. (All of this is definitely my opinion) Also, maybe she was told what to say and not say by LE, in order to not upset him and hopefully get a response from him. Again, maybe, maybe, maybe, but will have to wait for it to play out in the judicial system now. Thank the good Lord that BS is safe though.

SO happy she was found safe!!

The shopper who spotted them needs a reward! Even though I pour through these photos of missing people everyday, I don't think I'd ever have enough awareness to spot any of them in public.

There is another presser I think at 1 p.m. today. I'll be out hitting the malls with my mother in my "strawberry-mobil" so if anyone is watching and can do a synopsis of it, I sured would be appreciative. It will be a lot more fun shopping today than it was yesterday. Merry Christmas!!!

...(snip)...and here is the answer to how they got across the country:
snip:
"A source with San Francisco Police said that Easely attempted to drive the 12-year-old girl across the country but ran out of gas, forcing them to take a bus to San Francisco. Police were still looking for Easely's vehicle Friday."

ReallY?? Really? They could sit on a bus across country and no one had reported that??? :banghead::banghead:

I'm more intrigued by the logic of an adult who even attempts to drive across the country without realizing how much gas that takes and how much that costs.

ETA: Okay, this bugged me so I had to look it up. A 2005 Neon gets a combined (city/highway) MPG of 25MPG. With an average of $2.58 to go 25 miles, that would be about $258 to drive 2500 miles.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/20694.shtml

I'm more intrigued by the logic of an adult who even attempts to drive across the country without realizing how much gas that takes and how much that costs.

And if they ran out of gas, why not use the money it took to buy bus tickets to buy more? :waitasec: Seems they had some money......or something.

Of course!!!!!!
:gold_crown: There was thin pickin's on the prizes...lol.

Yay!!! But I also mentioned JE prolly hooked kiddo on drugs. Thinking the really bad stuff not weed but the stuff that u go nuts without. Makes u do unthinkable things. The supplyer has Control. Battery dying. Check with you peeps later. Peace

And if they ran out of gas, why not use the money it took to buy bus tickets to buy more? :waitasec:

OMG, what a great observation. Yes, wonder why they did not do that. You know two bus tickets cost more than a tank of gas for a little 4-cylinder car.

Afterthought: had SF LE already verified that they did in fact take a bus? If so, theoretically, they would have a general vicinity of where to look for the car. Of course, they could have gotten a ride(s) in between the car and the bus station.

I wonder what was in the bags that were reported to be found with BS, other than clothes and other things needed for a long road trip and "relocation".

And if they ran out of gas, why not use the money it took to buy bus tickets to buy more? :waitasec: Seems they had some money......or something.

You are so right! I just checked the Greyhound site, and a one-way ticket from Roanoke to SF for ONE ADULT (over 11 yrs old) is about $250... For two, that's $500. One tank of gas for the same trip is about $250.

Hmmm...:waitasec:

ETA: We don't know where they ran out of gas, but I'm assuming the costs would still be relative for the bus or filling the tank.

I'm so very happy that Brittany has been found and is safe! I hope that JE will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I pray that Brittany will be able to overcome all her suffering and pain that she has and will endure in the coming days.
Remember that she is a 12 year old child. JE is a 32 year old monster with serious issues. Thank God and the lady who called SF LE to report seeing Brittany and JE.
I will continue to pray for Brittany and her family!

There is another presser I think at 1 p.m. today. I'll be out hitting the malls with my mother in my "strawberry-mobil" so if anyone is watching and can do a synopsis of it, I sured would be appreciative. It will be a lot more fun shopping today than it was yesterday. Merry Christmas!!!

LOL, now I sound like I'm 12 years old here. Sorry for the OT remark, but have to laugh at myself a little.

You are so right! I just checked the Greyhound site, and a one-way ticket from Roanoke to SF for ONE ADULT (over 11 yrs old) is about $250... For two, that's $500. One tank of gas for the same trip is about $250.

Hmmm...:waitasec:

ETA: We don't know where they ran out of gas, but I'm assuming the costs would still be relative for the bus or filling the tank.

Sorry to quote myself... but I wonder if JE told BS they had run out of gas b/c he knew they needed to ditch the car eventually. She may not have realized the full extent of what was going on - that they were running from LE, etc.

I'm thinking that JE chose the bus because it was too dangerous to keep using the car, and he probably didn't want to risk getting assistance to get gas or be stranded with the car long enough for LE to accidentally come by, or someone to call on their behalf (or recognize the vehicle or them). He would have had some more "fill up" stops to make as well.

Plus the bus trip was a great opportunity to catch up on probably much-needed sleep and "let someone else do the driving".

While this is incredible news I wanted to make sure everyone takes a moment to remember there unfortunately are still too many missing that need to be found or recovered. Let's find more and up-end the imbalance of the unresolved missing that are overshadowing more happy endings...

So, they were pan-handling? Did this guy not know that their faces were all over the news?

I'm glad she has been found safe! I was so worried this would end up being a murder-suicide...

Well, this article answers a lot of questions!!!

http://www.ktvu.com/news/26098216/detail.html

snip:
"A Safeway spokeswoman said Jeffrey Scott Easely, 32, and the 12-year-old girl never actually made it into the store -- they were pan-handling outside when a customer recognized them and called police."

and here is the answer to how they got across the country:
snip:
"A source with San Francisco Police said that Easely attempted to drive the 12-year-old girl across the country but ran out of gas, forcing them to take a bus to San Francisco. Police were still looking for Easely's vehicle Friday."

ReallY?? Really? They could sit on a bus across country and no one had reported that??? :banghead::banghead:

Just getting caught up this morning, but if he didn't have the money to just stop and get more gas, how the heck did he pay for 2 bus tickets?

I am no math whiz but I think the cost of gas to go across country would be more like $709.

The actual number of miles is closer to 3,000. And, the cost of gas varies as you go. However, using the figure of 2,750 miles times belimom's $2.58, I get $709.50.

Afterthought: had SF LE already verified that they did in fact take a bus? If so, theoretically, they would have a general vicinity of where to look for the car. Of course, they could have gotten a ride(s) in between the car and the bus station.

I wonder what was in the bags that were reported to be found with BS, other than clothes and other things needed for a long road trip and "relocation".

If they had as much baggage as the story claimed (enough for a family of 4) they obviously didn't "sneak" onto any bus. I've traveled by bus to Florida (mom is afraid to fly) and there is a limit as to how much baggage you can take with you. IIRC it was 2 bags and one smaller bag that would fit in the overhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member