MISTRIAL Vanderbilt Rape Trial - Brandon Vandenburg and Cory Batey

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We haven't heard from Brandon Banks yet. Wasn't he a very active participant?

Victim said she had intercourse with Brandon Vandenburg the next day and it lasted a few seconds. So happy she got that bit of info into the record, lolololol. She's awesome!

Chris Conte ‏@NC5_ChrisConte 4m4 minutes ago

Vandenburg has been sitting in court room for all of this. For the first time I've noticed him looking down and taking notes #vandytrial

Commentators are wondering if he had unprotected sex the next day with her to explain any DNA he may have left during the rape.

Watching the Defense's paid expert witness testifying on DNA. Wondering if she has lost the jury.

OMG So the victim was on Prozac, I have first hand knowledge of alcohol and Prozac from 12 years ago. I ended up in jail and never knew I left the bar I was at. Imagine my surprise when I woke up and I was in jail the next day!

Witness from the TBI said that roofies can make liquid turn blue. Bet the defense didn't like that bit of info coming out.

Looks like closing arguments may start Monday!

I'll have to go back and read what the victim said this morning. I had my granddaughter here earlier and couldn't very well watch it.

Witness from the TBI said that roofies can make liquid turn blue. Bet the defense didn't like that bit of info coming out.

Yeah, if the jury thinks Vandenburg put a date rape drug in her drink that's going to basically destroy his claim that he was too drunk to form the intent to rape her -- clearly, if he drugged her, that means he planned from the get-go to do something bad to her. That testimony was shocking -- and it came in on cross because the defense opened the door! Pretty much a "Perry Mason" moment. JMO.

Yeah, if the jury thinks Vandenburg put a date rape drug in her drink that's going to basically destroy his claim that he was too drunk to form the intent to rape her -- clearly, if he drugged her, that means he planned from the get-go to do something bad to her. That testimony was shocking -- and it came in on cross because the defense opened the door! Pretty much a "Perry Mason" moment.

I also think that yesterday, when they show that Vanderburg went to CA to gather up and even purchased new phone for one of his friends, because of what he sent to him was very telling to me too!

Yeah, if the jury thinks Vandenburg put a date rape drug in her drink that's going to basically destroy his claim that he was too drunk to form the intent to rape her -- clearly, if he drugged her, that means he planned from the get-go to do something bad to her. That testimony was shocking -- and it came in on cross because the defense opened the door! Pretty much a "Perry Mason" moment.

Do you happen to know if the prosecution can now call the bartenders who worked at the bar that night and ask them if any of them made a blue long island ice tea? If each of them says no, Vandenburg would be DONE. I'm worried he is going to get off light.

Do you happen to know if the prosecution can now call the bartenders who worked at the bar that night and ask them if any of them made a blue long island ice tea? If each of them says no, Vandenburg would be DONE. I'm worried he is going to get off light.

Usually the state is allowed to call rebuttal witnesses after the defense rests, so I think they could call the bartenders from that night. You'd think the state would have spoken to them about that issue as soon as they found out the victim's drink was blue. Don't know if the bartenders would have been cooperative and answered though. I think the victim testifed that Vandenburg told her it was a "California Long Island iced tea". When I google that drink I don't see blue drinks, I see orangeish, yellow drinks.... JMO.

I just finished reading all the tweets from the local reporters today.

My goodnes... what a damn pig!!! Vangerburg is!!!
Even attempted to have sex with her? The next day Really??? Wonder why that is!
I read the make up of the jury too... over half are women. I didn't see ages.
I wonder if they are thinking, this could happen to me, or if they are thinking more critical.
He really try to cover his tracks didn't he?
He told her, she fell in her apt. She got sick. He had to get help with her. She ended up in another guys room altogether.
Now I know how she got her car. They took a cab to her place, so I say he drove her back to the dorms.
He had this all set up.
If he truly was an upright citizen good guy, He would have tucked her in bed at home.
What a pig!!!!

hello to everyone...been into this trial this week....came across this that is very interesting about Fletcher Long:

"A Channel 4 I-Team investigation has obtained official audio recordings of former employees of the law firm now representing Vanderbilt rape suspect Brandon Vandenburg, claiming lead attorney Fletcher Long sexually harassed them and used racial slurs.

The recording, obtained through the Open Records Act, comes from an unemployment hearing. In the recording Long admits to using a racial slur but denies directing the slur toward his employees.

The Channel 4 I-Team obtained the recording after Long was arrested last week on a harassment charge from his former office manager Christie Hill.

Hill also obtained an order of protection saying Long sent her threatening text messages that included racial slurs.

Read more: http://www.wsmv.com/story/24187168/employees-claim-attorney-fletcher-long-sexually-harassed-them#ixzz3Pbzt3Jt9""

the article goes on to talk about his comments of a sexual nature towards his long firm employees...guy sounds like this could have been him back in his college days.

hello to everyone...been into this trial this week....came across this that is very interesting about Fletcher Long:

"A Channel 4 I-Team investigation has obtained official audio recordings of former employees of the law firm now representing Vanderbilt rape suspect Brandon Vandenburg, claiming lead attorney Fletcher Long sexually harassed them and used racial slurs.

The recording, obtained through the Open Records Act, comes from an unemployment hearing. In the recording Long admits to using a racial slur but denies directing the slur toward his employees.

The Channel 4 I-Team obtained the recording after Long was arrested last week on a harassment charge from his former office manager Christie Hill.

Hill also obtained an order of protection saying Long sent her threatening text messages that included racial slurs.

Read more: http://www.wsmv.com/story/24187168/employees-claim-attorney-fletcher-long-sexually-harassed-them#ixzz3Pbzt3Jt9""

the article goes on to talk about his comments of a sexual nature towards his long firm employees...guy sounds like this could have been him back in his college days.

That's crazy. I just googled his name and found he was just arrested again in 2014:

http://www.wsmv.com/story/24956889/two-middle-tn-attorneys-indicted-for-alleged-extortion

That's crazy. I just googled his name and found he was just arrested again in 2014:

http://www.wsmv.com/story/24956889/two-middle-tn-attorneys-indicted-for-alleged-extortion

Yes I am not adept at linking etc. but one search of his name and you can see he is just like his client in this case....he is representing the killer in Holly Bobo who is the worst scum in the world.

with all the arrests and background of sexual problems this lawyer has I guess in one way he is perfect as he can identify with people like Vandenburg but on the other hand really has no business in a court of law....some of these cases he takes are pretty much sure losers based on evidence but he has nothing to lose. He is a too and I will not watch him in a different light.

what happened to Banks? I thought he just like McKenzie were cooperating to the extent they could get reduced sentences and yet it did not testify? Maybe they felt they just did not need him to seal this case?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back