MISTRIAL Vanderbilt Rape Trial - Brandon Vandenburg and Cory Batey

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
WSMV-TV, Nashville ‏@WSMV · 6m6 minutes ago
Attorneys and judge now meeting in chambers. #Vandytrial

NewsChannel 5 PLUS ‏@NC5_PLUS · 5m5 minutes ago
Brief recess in court. We're still on the air with your questions and comments. 737-7587 / plus@newschannel5.com #VandyTrial #NC5

OMG this caller! He thinks what these boys did is ok, and shouldn't have their lives ruined over it! :eek: He says the one who put the water bottle in her "crossed the line".

Unreal. :rolleyes:

I am furious listening to the callers to NewsChannel5 who seem to think this is nothing more than a "mistake" among all involved. I wonder if the man who doesn't consider this a "real" rape would feel the same if this happened to his daughter. Thinking like this is why young men feel they have a right to violate women. I'm incensed by what I hear.

I am furious listening to the callers to NewsChannel5 who seem to think this is nothing more than a "mistake" among all involved. I wonder if the man who doesn't consider this a "real" rape would feel the same if this happened to his daughter. Thinking like this is why young men feel they have a right to violate women. I'm incensed by what I hear.

Me too Chelly. Me too. :stormingmad:

Chris Conte ‏@NC5_ChrisConte · 1m1 minute ago
Brandon Vandenburg tells the judge he will NOT be taking the stand in his own defense @nc5 #vandytrial

I have so much respect for http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/watch-live/plus and Nick Beres for the coverage and commentary.
An example needs to be made of this case. The public needs to be reminded that crimes against women happen on campuses nearly every week in this country. It isn't a joke and it isn't a mistake. Rape is a crime.

OK, off my soapbox now.

WSMV-TV, Nashville ‏@WSMV · 38s39 seconds ago
Defense for Cory Batey has called first witness - Dr. James Walker, forensic psychologist. #Vandytrial

NewsChannel 5 PLUS ‏@NC5_PLUS · 1m1 minute ago
Forensic Neuropsychologist James Walker has been called to the stand by Cory Batey's defense. #VandyTrial #NC5

Tony Gonzalez ‏@TGonzalez · 2m2 minutes ago  Nashville, TN
Vandenburg rests case. Def atty Worrick Robinson, for Batey, calls Dr. James Walker, forensic neuropsychologist re: intoxication #vandytrial

WSMV-TV, Nashville ‏@WSMV · 38s39 seconds ago
Defense for Cory Batey has called first witness - Dr. James Walker, forensic psychologist. #Vandytrial

NewsChannel 5 PLUS ‏@NC5_PLUS · 1m1 minute ago
Forensic Neuropsychologist James Walker has been called to the stand by Cory Batey's defense. #VandyTrial #NC5

Tony Gonzalez ‏@TGonzalez · 2m2 minutes ago  Nashville, TN
Vandenburg rests case. Def atty Worrick Robinson, for Batey, calls Dr. James Walker, forensic neuropsychologist re: intoxication #vandytrial

My thanks feature not working. Just want to say thank you so much for posting tweets. What a shame this case isn't getting the attention it requires among media and others.

Will Hicky ‏@willhicky · 1m1 minute ago  Nashville, TN
The defense expert is testifying about his prior addiction to cocaine which he has been clean for 2 years. #vandytrial

Chris Conte ‏@NC5_ChrisConte · 1m1 minute ago
Dr. Walker testifies that he has had a serious cocaine problem in the past. Was in rehab as early as two years ago @nc5 #vandytrial

No problem Chelly. The "Thanks" button seems to have disappeared for everyone.

I will keep posting for a while, but do have to step out in a bit.

I agree, it is a shame this case is not getting much attention. :(

Chris Conte ‏@chrisconte · 7m7 minutes ago
Dr. James Walker called by Cory Batey attorney. Batey's defense is he was too drunk to be responsible #vandytrial

Chris Bundgaard ‏@bundgaard2 · 7m7 minutes ago
#vandytrial neuropsychologist detailing all the tests he gave to defendant Batey @WKRN

Will Hicky ‏@willhicky · 4m4 minutes ago  Nashville, TN
Does not appear victim's toxicology report is being admitted #vandytrial

Chris Conte ‏@NC5_ChrisConte · 4m4 minutes ago
Dr. Walker being asked about toxicology report he was given re: alleged victim @nc5 #vandytrial

WSMV-TV, Nashville ‏@WSMV · 3m3 minutes ago
Walker said he received Batey's toxicology report. Is about to discuss it. #Vandytrial

Prosecutors and Batey's defense discussing whether or not alleged victim's toxicology report can be used. #Vandytrial

Chris Bundgaard ‏@bundgaard2 · 4m4 minutes ago
#vandytrial witness Neuropsychologist asked about "conclusion" on defendant Batey, but it sends lawyers to judge's chambers @WKRN

WSMV-TV, Nashville ‏@WSMV · 4m4 minutes ago
Judge and attorneys meeting in chambers now. #Vandytrial

NewsChannel 5 ‏@NC5 · 2m2 minutes ago
Court is in a recess - attorneys are meeting in the judge's chambers. #Vandytrial

Chris Bundgaard ‏@bundgaard2 · 2m2 minutes ago
#vandytrial neuropsychologist says Batey "significantly intoxicated" night of alleged rape @WKRN

Chris Conte ‏@NC5_ChrisConte · 2m2 minutes ago
Expert: "After reviewing evidence, it was my conclusion Batey was significantly intoxicated on alcohol night of the events" #vandytrial

Will Hicky ‏@willhicky · 59s59 seconds ago
Says alcohol affected Batey. Says girl he was with before incident had to help carry him to his room. Admitted hearsay #vandytrial

Walker said Batey's intoxication level made him "not his normal self." #Vandytrial

Chris Conte ‏@NC5_ChrisConte · 3m3 minutes ago
Expert: Batey's alcohol intoxication was sufficient to alter judgement, reasoning, ability to think about consequences @nc5 #vandytrial

Will Hicky ‏@willhicky · 3m3 minutes ago
Batey had between 14-22 drinks on the day of the incident #vandytrial

Will Hicky ‏@willhicky · 3m3 minutes ago  Nashville, TN
If 14 drinks, BAC would have been .175%. If 22 drink, would have .33% #vandytrial

Chris Conte ‏@NC5_ChrisConte · 4m4 minutes ago
Expert: Batey's blood alcohol level was between .175 - .33 at time of alleged rape. Believes he had a 'blackout' @nc5 #vandytrial

Chris Bundgaard ‏@bundgaard2 · 5m5 minutes ago
#vandytrial neuropsychologist says Batey might have had "alcoholic blackout " functioning with no memory he says, certainly possible @WKRN

WSMV-TV, Nashville ‏@WSMV · 5m5 minutes ago
Walker said it is "certainly possible" Batey may have had a "blackout." #Vandytrial

Will Hicky ‏@willhicky · 5m5 minutes ago
Expert just used the term"alcoholic blackout." Never heard that term used by an expert. #vandytrial

Alrighty then. Batey was too drunk to be held to any responsibility.. :rolleyes:

NewsChannel 5 PLUS ‏@NC5_PLUS · 2m2 minutes ago
Side-bar as the judge determines if the Neurospsychologist can testify to the culture surrounding Batey. #VandyTrial

NewsChannel 5 ‏@NC5 · 1m1 minute ago
Another quick break in the judge's chambers. #VandyTrial

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1