MISTRIAL Vanderbilt Rape Trial - Brandon Vandenburg and Cory Batey

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Court is Adjourned till Monday Morning 9 AM.

Thanks friends for the tweets. Just catching up now.

I've rewound the live stream. Courtroom discussion now among lawyers and judge re various counts; it;s confusing. They'll have it sorted out Monday, Looking forward to closing arguments.

My thanks feature not working. Just want to say thank you so much for posting tweets. What a shame this case isn't getting the attention it requires among media and others.

Now that I can hit thanks and such... My DH saw this on Good Morning American again and then Nick Beres said right after the court adjourned that many of the National Media was there and I think he said even 48 Hours was there.
I do agree tho, this could be such a great teaching tool to so many people.

On a side note, not too many months ago ( when she had just turned 21 ) I had this discussion with my 22 year old daughter. She was starting to get a little out of hand, now she is almost a non drinker. I flat told her, you don't know what will happened to you if you can't keep your chit together.

For anyone interested, right now, on NC5 Nick Beres is having a discussion on the trial on his facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/NC5NickBeres

This is the reporter who has been on News Channel 5+ during this whole trial.

Another point: When the victim was cross-examined, Cory Batey's attorney brought out that the victim graduated with honors from Vanderbilt and is now attending a top medical school. Then today Batey's attorney brought out that Batey comes from a disadvantaged background. What does any of that have to do with the alleged crimes? Nothing! It's all an attempt to obtain jury nullification -- get the jury to acquit based on sympathy. And based on what many of the callers have said, the defense attorneys may succeed.
JMO.

Lyric thanks for continuing to post tweets. Had to leave for a while! :tyou:

It will be interesting to see what the jury has to say. I would expect a quick verdict. I don't see them being acquitted by any means. :gavel:

Another point: When the victim was cross-examined, Cory Batey's attorney brought out that the victim graduated with honors from Vanderbilt and is now attending a top medical school. Then today Batey's attorney brought out that Batey comes from a disadvantaged background. What does any of that have to do with the alleged crimes? Nothing! It's all an attempt to obtain jury nullification -- get the jury to acquit based on sympathy. And based on what many of the callers have said, the defense attorneys may succeed.
JMO.

Yes, I heard that too. I thought good for her. Nick and Nick the commentators for Channel 5 - Said that he did that to show that this rape has not had any long term effects on her, and in fact she has done quite well. :rolleyes: Not at the commentators, but I roll my eyes at the lawyers for thinking such a thing. :puke:

Lyric thanks for continuing to post tweets. Had to leave for a while! :tyou:

It will be interesting to see what the jury has to say. I would expect a quick verdict. I don't see them being acquitted by any means. :gavel:

Your welcome!!

and Yes Nick and Nick thought the Jury might even come back later in the day on Monday! lol Oh Nick Beres sure doesn't beat around the bush on this either. So glad to see that he calls it the way he see's it.

I missed some portions of testimony during the trial this week but not much. One thing that I did not hear the prosecution bring up is Vandenburg passed out condoms to the other guys there the night of this incident. To me that shows that he had full intent on each of them doing full penetration rape (gangbang) of this girl. He was not passing those out for them to put them on their fingers.

In so much that he was dialing up *advertiser censored* to try and get an erection himself IMO he was trying to set up his own little *advertiser censored* show with these guys having sex with her so he could "enjoy" it.

JMO's

I missed some portions of testimony during the trial this week but not much. One thing that I did not hear the prosecution bring up is Vandenburg passed out condoms to the other guys there the night of this incident. To me that shows that he had full intent on each of them doing full penetration rape (gangbang) of this girl. He was not passing those out for them to put them on their fingers.

In so much that he was dialing up *advertiser censored* to try and get an erection himself IMO he was trying to set up his own little *advertiser censored* show with these guys having sex with her so he could "enjoy" it.

JMO's

Agree -- that does show intent. McKenzie testified that Vandenburg passed out condoms. JMO.

Don't mean to beat a dead horse, but the more I think about some of the testimony the madder I get -- testimony that the "culture of promiscuity" at Vanderbilt affected Batey; testimony that Batey was found to have used pot but allowed to stay on Vanderbilt's football team. I can't believe any of this testimony was allowed. It's not relevant and the only point of it is jury nullification. Rant over. JMO.

Don't mean to beat a dead horse, but the more I think about some of the testimony the madder I get -- testimony that the "culture of promiscuity" at Vanderbilt affected Batey; testimony that Batey was found to have used pot but allowed to stay on Vanderbilt's football team. I can't believe any of this testimony was allowed. It's not relevant and the only point of it is jury nullification. Rant over. JMO.

I do not believe you are beating a "dead horse". That "horse" is alive and well. I live in a college town. Home of the MU Tigers (SEC winners two years in a row). The clubs here love it when the players come in. They are treated like celebrities. There are countless young ladies that want to date one of them. In most cases they pay nothing to go to a club. MS came from here. He had more ladies than the other team mates because he had no G/F of record. He didn't want any of them but they were on him like a duck on a June bug every time he went out to a club.

That kind of behavior continues and will until someone puts a stop to it. Then it continues to the NFL as we all know. The RR incident is proof that women will put up with and do what's necessary to be in that "trophy wife" position. Had Vanderbilt not brought this to the attention of LE it not only would not be reported but the victim not put in the embarrassing position having to make the charges. She initially wanted to "protect him".

I am in no way excusing their behavior, but this happens all the time all over the US and without the damning video this case would not be in court today.

All I can say is I hope MS makes it work with his fiancé. He's in for some real in-laws.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Cammisano

JMO's

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/08/michael-sam-engaged-vito-cammisano_n_6440834.html

I believe closing arguments will begin tomorrow.

WSMV-TV, Nashville ‏@WSMV · 2m2 minutes ago
Defendant Cory Batey is expected to testify in court today. #Vandytrial Watch the trial live here: http://bit.ly/1zqneRH

Chris Conte ‏@chrisconte · 4m4 minutes ago
#BREAKING - Cory Batey will take the stand in his own defense, likely today. @nc5 #vandytrial

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial · 3m3 minutes ago
Cory Batey will testify in his own defense in #vandytrial - attorneys have now gone into judge’s chambers.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257
Back