MISTRIAL Vanderbilt Rape Trial - Brandon Vandenburg and Cory Batey

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So convenient.... "I don't recall, I don't recall, I don't recall...." Blah Blah Blah.... :rolleyes:

Chris Conte ‏@NC5_ChrisConte · 5m5 minutes ago
Prosecutor Batey's text "I've just been *advertiser censored** up .. failed a drug test .. now they say I raped a ***** with some teammates" @nc5 #vandytrial

I think Mr Batey painted himself in a corner saying he never refers to females as 'b*tches'. IMO urinating on someone tells me loud and clear your opinion of the person and if you are referring to the victim as a 'b*tch' I can pretty well guess your opinion about women.

Doesn't make sense to me -- he drank so much he can't recall what he did, but he had the physical coordination to assault the victim multiple times as seen on the video?

JMO.

Batey: "I was just drunk out of my mind. I'm sorry."

Oh well ok then. You said "sorry" so bygones and all. Can't blame a guy for being "drunk out of his mind." Boys will be boys, eh? :rolleyes:

Good point just brought up by Nick on Channel 5..... He sure could remember what he drank and how many drinks he had, but can't remember anything else? :liar:

NewsChannel 5 PLUS ‏@NC5_PLUS · 7m7 minutes ago
15 minute recess for the morning break. Batey is still on the stand. #VandyTrial #NC5

OMG These callers...... This guy calls in and says he has been in trouble all his life. Usually due to alcohol. He says if being too drunk is a defense, then he has been innocent all his life. LOL... :lol:

:hilarious:

Agree with Nick Beres -- nothing to lose by putting Batey on the stand. Going for lesser included offenses by claiming he didn't intend the acts due to alcohol. JMO.

Uh oh another incident of 'assault' coming in? drugs?

Is the jury in listening to this?

OMG These callers...... This guy calls in and says he has been in trouble all his life. Usually due to alcohol. He says if being too drunk is a defense, then he has been innocent all his life. LOL... :lol:

:hilarious:

Seriously though since when is "I was too drunk to know better" a defense? They better not get off in any way, they need to be punished for sure. So terrible what happened to this girl.

Batey is really throwing Banks under the bus. Next he will be saying he was just following orders...

NewsChannel 5 PLUS ‏@NC5_PLUS · 6m6 minutes ago
The jury is now back. Batey's cross-examination continues. #VandyTrial #NC5

Chris Bundgaard ‏@bundgaard2 · 3m3 minutes ago
#vandytrial prospectors ask Batey if he recalls 26 calls made during time he can't recollect "if on phone records must be true" @WKRN

Hmmm.... If he could recall, he would say he drank the most.

:waitasec:

OMG. Since when is peer pressure a defense to a felony? JMO.

OMG. Since when is peer pressure a defense to a felony? JMO.

RIIIGHT???? So far we have:

1 - It wasn't his fault he drank so much because everyone was doing it.
2 - He remembers what he drank and how many drinks, but nothing else.
3 - He is sorry. (Sorry there was video!!)

GMAB. I sure hope the jury isn't falling for this load of crap. :gavel:

Chris Conte ‏@NC5_ChrisConte · 4m4 minutes ago
Batey says he lied about drinking night of alleged rape because he was worried about losing his scholarship to @VanderbiltU #vandytrial

WSMV-TV, Nashville ‏@WSMV · 7m7 minutes ago
State asking about separate incident where Batey allegedly assaulted a Vanderbilt student at a party. #Vandytrial

Tony Gonzalez ‏@TGonzalez · 7m7 minutes ago  Nashville, TN
Batey had a pending student assault issue in front of Vandy Student Conduct Ofc when rape case began. #vandytrial

Batey's explanation: alcohol, Banks, alcohol, Banks, alcohol, Banks..... JMO

erika lathon ‏@reporterlathon · 6m6 minutes ago
Batey says he had script ready for police and was afraid to admit drinking, could lose scholarship.#vandytrial

WSMV-TV, Nashville ‏@WSMV · 4m4 minutes ago
Batey said Brandon Banks prepared him for interview with police on June 27. #Vandytrial

Tony Gonzalez ‏@TGonzalez · 4m4 minutes ago
Woman in Vanderbilt rape case vomited during defendant Cory Batey's testimony http://tnne.ws/1C7thxH #vandytrial

The Tennessean ‏@Tennessean · 4m4 minutes ago
Cory Batey takes stand, apologizes in #Vandytrial Alleged victim vomits during testimony http://tnne.ws/15Ch4Tm

That poor girl. :(

WSMV-TV, Nashville ‏@WSMV · 3m3 minutes ago
Judge and attorneys now meeting in chambers. #Vandytrial

Different from other trials, this judge doesn't do sidebars. They go to chambers. :waitasec:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257
Back