MISTRIAL Vanderbilt Rape Trial - Brandon Vandenburg and Cory Batey

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry but being "too drunk" is not an excuse to sexually assault and rape someone. 13 to 22 drinks would have had someone passed out completely, or vomiting for hours. But aware enough and coordinated enough to commit sexual assault and rape? Not buying it. He knew what he was doing and he retained memory of it because he worried about evidence the next day.

Both of them should be convicted, IMO.

erika lathon ‏@reporterlathon · 2m2 minutes ago
Cory Batey 1 of 13 children. Mom works at Vanderbilt clinic, dad died when he was 9yrs old.#vandytrial

Chris Bundgaard ‏@bundgaard2 · 2m2 minutes ago
#vandytrial prosecutor Roger Moore objecting that Batey "on a script" not answering questions properly @WKRN

Chris Bundgaard ‏@bundgaard2 · 4m4 minutes ago
#vandytrial defendant Batey answering by turning to jury after hearing questions from his attorney @WKRN

Chris Conte ‏@NC5_ChrisConte · 4m4 minutes ago
Defense trying to make point college was different for Batey, environment that was going on around him @nc5 #vandytrial

Chris Conte ‏@chrisconte · 4m4 minutes ago
Batey says on weekends he and friends would hang out, drink "girls were always involved" @nc5 #vandytrial

Will Hicky ‏@willhicky · 3m3 minutes ago
Robinson coming off unprepared in direct exam. Lots of pausing, not very fluid. Seems he wasn't prepped for pros's objections #vandytrial

Chris Bundgaard ‏@bundgaard2 · 3m3 minutes ago
#vandytrial Batey says "always looking for party" in describing weekends at Vanderbilt @WKRN

Chris Conte ‏@chrisconte · 2m2 minutes ago
Hearing very little testimony from Cory Batey due to states repeated objections to his attorney's line of questioning @nc5 #vandytrial

WSMV-TV, Nashville ‏@WSMV · 2m2 minutes ago
Judge/attorneys meeting to discuss whether Batey can discuss a phone call he had with Jaborian McKenzie on June 23, 2013. #Vandytrial

Will be very interested to see the cross-exam by the prosecutor. Should be quite contentious, I imagine.

Batey making sure to repeatedly mention that he went to church later on in the day after alleged rape occurred @nc5 #vandytrial

:violin: :rolleyes:

Chris Bundgaard ‏@bundgaard2 · 5m5 minutes ago
#vandytrial Batey says "terrified" on Monday following alleged rape after hearing "rumors" @#WKRN

Chris Conte ‏@chrisconte · 6m6 minutes ago
Batey didn't go to class in the day following alleged rape because he was hearing rumors about what happened, was "terrified" #vandytrial

WSMV-TV, Nashville ‏@WSMV · 4m4 minutes ago
Batey said he was "horrified" by the images of the alleged victim he found on his phone. Said he had no recollection of events. #Vandytrial

#vandytrial Batey says 11-players rounded up at Monday practice after alleged rape and taken in bus for statements to student conduct @WKRN

Batey says his former teammates told him he was "wild that night" of alleged raped @nc5 #vandytrial

WSMV-TV, Nashville ‏@WSMV · 4m4 minutes ago
However, Batey said he did continue to go to football workouts during this time. #Vandytrial

Chris Conte ‏@chrisconte · 3m3 minutes ago
Batey says he lied to office of student conduct in the days after the alleged incident. "At the time I didn't recall anything" #vandytrial

#vandytrial Batey asked if told truth initially "not the truth" --comes after other defendants say "you got kinda wild" @WKRN

Batey making sure to repeatedly mention that he went to church later on in the day after alleged rape occurred @nc5 #vandytrial

:violin: :rolleyes:

Then he'll avail himself of the chaplain services while in prison, I'm sure. Both Vanderburg and Batey need to be punished and equally, along with any others involved in this crime. The judge can decide how long is enough, I don't have an opinion on that, but they are guilty of committing sexual assault regardless of their feelings about it afterwards.

Funny how he didn't go to class the few days after, but was able to go to football practice. :rolleyes:

Will be very interested to see the cross-exam by the prosecutor. Should be quite contentious, I imagine.

I think the State will eat him alive. Won't his urinating and slapping the girl be a booger to overcome???

Funny how he didn't go to class the few days after, but was able to go to football practice. :rolleyes:

Man I was thinking the same thing. How terrified was he to make sure he kept up his football practices?

What a shock to log on here and see Batey on the stand. I guess he felt he had no choice. Sounds like he's testifying that he was in an alcohol- induced black out during the rape.

Chris Conte ‏@NC5_ChrisConte · 5m5 minutes ago
Alleged victim sitting in courtroom today when for the first time, someone offers her an apology @nc5 #vandytrial

WSMV-TV, Nashville ‏@WSMV · 5m5 minutes ago
Batey said he used that term out of "frustration." He apologized to the alleged victim for using that word. #Vandytrial

NewsChannel 5 PLUS ‏@NC5_PLUS · 4m4 minutes ago
Batey apologizes - first time in this trial someone has offered the alleged victim an apology. #VandyTrial #NC5

Chris Conte ‏@NC5_ChrisConte · 5m5 minutes ago
Every time Cory Batey answers a question he looks directly at the jury. @nc5 #vandytrial

WZTV FOX 17 ‏@wztv_fox17 · 5m5 minutes ago
Batey says Brandon Banks "facilitated" the story line in the days following the alleged rape. #VandyTrial.

Sounds like he is trying to play on the sympathies of the court/jury.

Chris Conte ‏@chrisconte · 1m1 minute ago
Tense moments as video of alleged rape is played again, Batey identifies himself in it, as the victim breaks down in tears #vandytrial

Chris Bundgaard ‏@bundgaard2 · 3m3 minutes ago
#vandytrial Batey says he saw self and alleged victim in video "appears to be not moving" "I don't recall" @WKRN

All this "I was doing shots and drinking and then drinking some more and then even more" may be the norm on college campuses, and that's a shame, but once again, it doesn't give license to commit crimes, especially these felonies.

Maybe prison will straighten these guys up.

Chris Bundgaard ‏@bundgaard2 · 5m5 minutes ago
#vandytrial Batey says drinking alcohol provided "by older teammates" on evening prior to alleged incident @WKRN

WSMV-TV, Nashville ‏@WSMV · 5m5 minutes ago
Batey said night of June 22, he was drinking with Banks and McKenzie in Gillette Hall. Batey said he had 6-8 shots of whiskey. #Vandytrial

NewsChannel 5 PLUS ‏@NC5_PLUS · 1m1 minute ago
Batey says he had a moment that night after all the drinking where he thought "wow, I'm really feeling it". #VandyTrial #NC5

Chris Conte ‏@chrisconte · 2m2 minutes ago
Batey says he doesn't remember being in room where alleged rape happened "I must have blacked out" @nc5 #vandytrial

WSMV-TV, Nashville ‏@WSMV · 2m2 minutes ago
Batey: "I was just drunk out of my mind. I'm sorry." #Vandytrial

NewsChannel 5 PLUS ‏@NC5_PLUS · 3m3 minutes ago
Cory Batey will now be cross-examined by Def. Attorney Fletcher Long. #VandyTrial #NC5

Chris Conte ‏@NC5_ChrisConte · 3m3 minutes ago
Vandenburg's attorney now trying to paint picture that his client didn't solicit Batey to do anything prior to alleged rape #vandytrial

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quantum-Dark
Back