Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Looking forward to CN's trial... should be VERY interesting to see the outcome....do we know whether trial is in Hamilton, and if so, at same court house as TB trial?

It is in Hamilton; I assume it will be at the same courthouse.

Adam Carter (CBC) and Molly Hayes (Spec) will be reporting for sure; Susan Clairmont (Spec) may join in if the Badgerow verdict comes in before the CN trial ends.

Looking forward to CN's trial... should be VERY interesting to see the outcome....do we know whether trial is in Hamilton, and if so, at same court house as TB trial?

I think we need a new thread specifically devoted to discussing the CN trial. Anyone know how we go about that?

Page 160 ... DM apparently told friends that he was having sex with another girl while at same time talking to the New York girl who leapt from the balcony shortly thereafter.

Interesting. How was this verified? Did the author talk to the dead girl to line up the times? And what is "shortly thereafter"? Minutes? Days? Weeks? Months?

Or is this just one of those "this person told this person who told this person" down the grapevine type of things? Unless what is being insinuated can be verified in some way, it sounds like rumour to me. Is this what "true" crime novels consist of these days?

Interesting. How was this verified? Did the author talk to the dead girl to line up the times? And what is "shortly thereafter"? Minutes? Days? Weeks? Months?

Or is this just one of those "this person told this person who told this person" down the grapevine type of things? Unless what is being insinuated can be verified in some way, it sounds like rumour to me. Is this what "true" crime novels consist of these days?

I guess you'll have to buy the book to have all your questions answered.

Actually, the author quoted details from the official New York City police dept report plus mentioned quotes taken directly from a condolence board written by both DM and his mother. It is unfair to criticize the book before actually reading the book.

Actually, the author quoted details from the official New York City police dept report plus mentioned quotes taken directly from a condolence board written by both DM and his mother. It is unfair to criticize the book before actually reading the book.
Well apparently according to you, the book states I villianized TB, which is as far from the truth you can get if you actually read what I said in the threads and the full discussion on that. If that is the "spin" you got, then I can see why people here have no desire to read the book. We have been here since 2013 when TB first went missing. Not sure what this book can tell me that I didn't read or discuss with others myself. More like a recap with an authors spin from what I can gather. JMO

I was actually hoping Adam Carter would have written something myself. Or Susan Clairmont/Molly Hayes. Someone who is in the Hamilton area and spent days upon days of the very long trial reporting this case for us. Someone there when Tim first went missing and developed a bond with the Bosma's maybe.

I wasn't criticizing the book. I was asking how this story could be verified to make it true. From your reply, I'm left to guess that the police report included information about the time and contents of that phone call. At least, I'd doubt that condolences offered would include a confession of those facts.

Well apparently according to you, the book states I villianized TB, which is as far from the truth you can get if you actually read what I said in the threads and the full discussion on that. If that is the "spin" you got, then I can see why people here have no desire to read the book. We have been here since 2013 when TB first went missing. Not sure what this book can tell me that I didn't read or discuss with others myself. More like a recap with an authors spin from what I can gather. JMO

I will admit that is the reason I had no interest in purchasing the book. I've seen many instances here where what people had actually said was spun into something different or exaggerated and the person berated for it. When I purchase a true crime book, I want it to be straight up and true facts, without any of the writer's personal feelings or bias included. I'm perfectly capable of thinking for myself and don't want to be led in any particular direction.

I was actually hoping Adam Carter would have written something myself. Or Susan Clairmont/Molly Hayes. Someone who is in the Hamilton area and spent days upon days of the very long trial reporting this case for us. Someone there when Tim first went missing and developed a bond with the Bosma's maybe.

Yes. Molly Hayes would be my preference as she seems the most able to leave her emotions out of the telling.

I wasn't criticizing the book. I was asking how this story could be verified to make it true. From your reply, I'm left to guess that the police report included information about the time and contents of that phone call. At least, I'd doubt that condolences offered would include a confession of those facts.
And we have heard the "stories" that were told to the "friends" who relayed such tales. Even two people who were at the same location at the same time were never on the same page and never spoke again because of "lies that were told". Definitely not reliable sources IMO

Yes. Molly Hayes would be my preference as she seems the most able to leave her emotions out of the telling.
For sure. SC was quite emotional at times. I did enjoy AC piece on the wayward son after the trial ended.

I've been here since the beginning and I learned new info from the book.

I also generally don't agree with your takes. E.g., the book presents MS as guilty, and you have disputed that.

Dark Ambition now a #1 best seller in its category on Amazon. Congrats Abro!

I think you have it pegged. When I read the book, it quickly becomes obvious that very few people actually spoke to the author, and those who did, didn't provide much information. It seems to be an amalgamation of what we gleaned here, And I have seen very little so far that I haven't read here first in greater detail.

Getting facts from a condolence board online is at least two steps up from getting facts off of the graffiti in washroom stalls ;)

I don't rememebr a police report on that incident with the unnamed girlfriend, what page was that on again?

I found out a lot of info I hadn't read or heard before. I have gave mention to the book and I am not benefiting. She did a good job. Nothing wrong with giving credit where it's due. There are people on here who do believe smich to be an innocent dupe. If you go back to after the verdict was read that first thread there are a very small few who believe he was innocent even on social media. If you don't like her book then don't read it but if you continue to bash it and others think it's great, you are encouraging people to go out and get a copy with your claims of mistakes. Just to see if there are any. Or your claims it's poorly written. I have found none. I know many people who have followed this case and found it to be a page turner. I think it's been very clear you are no supporter of Ann for whatever reason.

I found out a lot of info I hadn't read or heard before. I have gave mention to the book and I am not benefiting. She did a good job. Nothing wrong with giving credit where it's due. There are people on here who do believe smich to be an innocent dupe. If you go back to after the verdict was read that first thread there are a very small few who believe he was innocent even on social media. If you don't like her book then don't read it but if you continue to bash it and others think it's great, you are encouraging people to go out and get a copy with your claims of mistakes. Just to see if there are any. Or your claims it's poorly written. I have found none. I know many people who have followed this case and found it to be a page turner. I think it's been very clear you are no supporter of Ann for whatever reason.

I followed the trial every day, and learned stuff from the book that wasn't tweeted or in the media. It was respectfully written and not slanted towards anyone. The book was a very interesting read IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back