Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have family that lived 2 streets away from Russell William's first victim. We always went for a walk when I visited my family there and when we went down the victim's street and got close to their house the hairs on my neck stood up. I had no idea where we were passing by or anything, it was a bizarre reaction once I learned where I was standing near. I literally couldn't walk by the house, I had to turn around.

I met RW twice in the late 1980's when he first started flying

Or he stroked out from all the coke/meth he was allegedly doing.

I haven't heard confirmation of meth? Weed, Cocaine, Heroin, Oxy and LsD but nothing about meth. Wouldn't surprise me but I hadn't seen proof or evidence of this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am starting to worry that the jury taking this long means they won't agree on M1.

Yes, I do know there is a lot of evidence to go through and that could be why they are taking so long. I am nervous they won't come back with M1 for both though.

I am starting to worry that the jury taking this long means they won't agree on M1.

Yes, I do know there is a lot of evidence to go through and that could be why they are taking so long. I am nervous they won't come back with M1 for both though.

I find it anxious too. I am convinced in my mind, that they have DM's verdict ready. I think they are sorting through all pertinent evidence irt MS so as to be thorough and not make a hurried decision. MOO. I think it will be either M1 or M2 for MS - can't see how it could only end up with manslaughter. I also think - again, MOO - that there are no questions today means they are getting close. At least I really hope so!

Let's think positive... If they were going to acquit or downgrade charge for MS, they would have done so already. Fact they are still discussing and deliberating is good news. There is a lot of evidence to go through, and too bad that some of it was argued out in the famous legal arguments.

In terms of DM, unquestionably they will come back with M1 for him - there is NO WAY he is getting anything lower of a verdict.....

<modsnip>I think he obviously did some good work (for his client) by getting the evidence of two guns thrown out, thereby opening up a finger pointing defense where both accused both the finger at the other.

Like others have said, he is probably a great lawyer but had nothing good to work with. Seems he was great at arguing evidence out...maybe that's what makes him a great Lawyer.

I doubt she HAS to......I would think this would be her choice....and I can see her wanting to speak about the impact this had had on her and her family. MOO

ETA - I see this was addressed.....several times....sorry for the repeat....

I almost wish all she would say is "I have nothing to say to these 2, they're not worth my time or tears". Part of me believes DM would get off seeing all the pain he's caused them.

Another reminder to be respectful to the Court (which includes defence counsel, the Crown, and the Judge).

They are all doing their best with what they have to work with.

:tyou:

OK- we're in my verdict prediction window- IMHO, the fact that they haven't sought any clarification, instruction or review of evidence today is a good thing. I think they're very, very close and am still holding out faith that we'll be hearing the verdict this afternoon :)

Anyone else hearing the Jeopardy song in their head this week??
Interesting you post in reference to music.
Ever since we heard about the home built incinerator, then seen pictures that it appeared to look like a rocket ship...I get this tune in my head or reference this case when I hear it on the radio.
Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out
...we use to play pretend, give each other different names, We would build a rocket ship and then we'd fly it far away, used to dream of outer space but now they're laughing at our face, saying "wake up you need to make money

I find it anxious too. I am convinced in my mind, that they have DM's verdict ready. I think they are sorting through all pertinent evidence irt MS so as to be thorough and not make a hurried decision. MOO. I think it will be either M1 or M2 for MS - can't see how it could only end up with manslaughter. I also think - again, MOO - that there are no questions today means they are getting close. At least I really hope so!

Questions are usually around 8:45 PM. ..to keep us on our toes ;)

Questions are usually around 8:45 PM. ..to keep us on our toes ;)

lol - true! :) Is it possible we will hear at 8:45 they have reached a verdict but court won't come into order until the morning? Or would they read the verdict regardless of time? I understand they normally give a 1 hour lead time to assemble everyone.

No, AM said that they were all into cocaine. I guess that's where LB fits in. There's no question these guys were daily users of stuff...who the hell has a pound of weed on hand when they are not growing? These guys were heavy partiers, and perhaps you don't understand what that means. After all this ends, I assure you it will come out that the whole crowd was awash in drugs.

Steroids won't help you build bulk if you don't do weights. They will keep you trim though. DM was into yoga and athletics. Without body building exercise, the only other effects of steroids on a man are testicular atrophy and/or gynecomastia (*advertiser censored*).

<modsnip>

Again, I didn't doubt that they all did drugs, its the quantity that we don't know. Me and all my friends did coke regularly when we were in our early 20s and none of us were mad out of our heads. Now if you have any evidence to show that these guys were getting trashed on hard drugs like coke on a daily basis, I'd be interested in hearing, but all we've heard about is Smich's weed and booze habit and drugs at parties.

OK- we're in my verdict prediction window- IMHO, the fact that they haven't sought any clarification, instruction or review of evidence today is a good thing. I think they're very, very close and am still holding out faith that we'll be hearing the verdict this afternoon :)

Well think of it this way: at the end of today there will have been one day of deliberation per one month of testimony. When you look at the volume of information that the jury has to consider, even if the jury is in perfect agreement over a verdict, it would still take time to go over everything and confirm that.

If they had come back with a verdict in the first day or two, I would have been concerned that they had not done their due diligence.

The more time that passes, the more reasonable it is to expect a verdict, but I suspect the jury still wants to slosh through a lot of detail and make sure that they have discussed everything they feel that they need to. Even if they are all in agreement, I am sure they want to thoroughly review the facts together so they can feel confident in their verdicts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member