Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, it does imply DM told the lies but I think that report has it wrong. I got the distinct impression that the lies that were told were between MH and AM. Or at the very least whatever or whomever told the lies, affected that friendship.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
My assumption about the lies was that they made a pact that the drop the stuff get away from it, and never speak about it to anyone. MH then proceeded to lie multiple times to police, in keeping with the pact. AM however spilled the beans pretty quickly, as one would expect when someone is arrested for first degree murder in a crime they didn't commit. MH feels now that he looked stupid as he kept the pact when AM clearly didn't. Again this is all just my opinion

All MOO...

What a twisted duo they were: DM, the psychopath willing to do anything for his own gain, and MS, the willing partner who secretly hungered for violence. DM was the master manipulator out to build his empire of vehicles, properties, women, and adventures, and Mark -- or as he preferred to be called, "Murk" -- became his secret weapon. DM turned to MS to help him execute the most challenging missions which nobody else could do:

• Killing Laura Babcock because he lost control over her (impregnated her, perhaps?).
  • Killing his father to take over his family's wealth.
  • Killing Tim Bosma to get his dream truck.

What was in it for MS? The thrill of the kill. He and DM both shared it. It was their dirty secret. But MS really fantasized about. He wrote about it. He rapped about it. He made videos of it. He expressed his excitement for it through symbolism and art that he shared with DM. There was no fun for MS until somebody was hurt. While DM saw killing as a means to an end, MS saw it as the end. He wanted fireworks. It was the sweet fruit to satisfy his poisoned mind.

As DM did with everyone else in his life, he recognized a quality in MS and took advantage of it for his own gain. In exchange for MS's allegiance, DM opened the door for him to make his fantasies a reality, using his wealth to acquire the tools they would need along the way: guns, ammo, incinerator, and more. MS stepped through the door like a child entering Disneyland: DM was indeed Walt Disney, and when the night fell there were plenty of fireworks.

All MOO...

What a twisted duo they were: DM, the psychopath willing to do anything for his own gain, and MS, the willing partner who secretly hungered for violence. DM was the master manipulator out to build his empire of vehicles, properties, women, and adventures, and Mark -- or as he preferred to be called, "Murk" -- became his secret weapon. DM turned to MS to help him execute the most challenging missions which nobody else could do:

• Killing Laura Babcock because he lost control over her (impregnated her, perhaps?).

What was in it for MS? The thrill of the kill. He and DM both shared it. It was their dirty secret. But MS really fantasized about. He wrote about it. He rapped about it. He made videos of it. He expressed his excitement for it through symbolism and art that he shared with DM. There was no fun for MS until somebody was hurt. While DM saw killing as a means to an end, MS saw it as the end. He wanted fireworks. It was the sweet fruit to satisfy his poisoned mind.

As DM did with everyone else in his life, he recognized a quality in MS and took advantage of it for his own gain. In exchange for MS's allegiance, DM opened the door for him to make his fantasies a reality, using his wealth to acquire the tools they would need along the way: guns, ammo, incinerator, and more. MS stepped through the door like a child entering Disneyland: DM was indeed Walt Disney, and when the night fell there were plenty of fireworks.

BANG ON! Thank you for putting the pieces of the puzzle together so succinctly.

entertaining as always

Thanks, Claroon, I think I know what you meant, but I didn't write that to be entertaining in the least but to express how seriously I feel about the crimes of the two accused. It is so important that they are sent a strong message that society sees through their wicked manipulations and completely condemns their actions and choices. Today as the jury continues to deliberate I am actually feeling quite emotional. I am trying hard to follow the example of the Bosma Army by keeping the faith that justice will be served, but I can only humbly walk in their shadow.

All MOO.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 31s31 seconds agoHamilton, Ontario
We just heard that due to a scheduling issue, if the jury doesn't have a verdict by 6:15 pm, we're done for the day. #Bosma #timbosma #sc

All MOO...

:websleuther:billandrew Websleuth Extraordinaire! Amazing insight as always! I've missed you and your posts and I'm glad you are back here this week while we await the jury's decisions together! I hope you will be here with us when the verdicts come down. I wish you were on the jury, then I would worry less. :)

All MOO.

Hi, y'all!

I've been patiently following along and praying the jury gets it right. I just hope we don't have a lone juror holdout.

All MOO...

Your voice was certainly missed around here. So glad you're back.:party:

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 31s31 seconds agoHamilton, Ontario
We just heard that due to a scheduling issue, if the jury doesn't have a verdict by 6:15 pm, we're done for the day. #Bosma #timbosma #sc

Scheduling issue? Can't be with the jurors can it? They're sequestered so I can't see them being allowed to go to appointments.....So....the lawyer or judge? And what happens Monday if DM's lawyers are at another case? I can't see them postponing deliberations.......anyone know how this works?

Millard is due in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice tomorrow at 10:00 am at 361 University Ave.
R v Millard.

CR-16-50000176-0000

I can't find this....not so good at searching.....what is this regarding?

I'm not sure. I checked the ontario courts page for his name, based on the scheduling conflicts info. It's against Millard though, whatever it is.

Use this link, choose all courts in Toronto and check for his name using the 'find' feature. I looked for Smich and he isn't there.

http://www.ontariocourtdates.ca/

Scheduling issue? Can't be with the jurors can it? They're sequestered so I can't see them being allowed to go to appointments.....So....the lawyer or judge? And what happens Monday if DM's lawyers are at another case? I can't see them postponing deliberations.......anyone know how this works?

AC answered a few people about this today saying Pillay would stick around and the other lawyer might just have to miss the verdict.

I'm not sure. I checked the ontario courts page for his name, based on the scheduling conflicts info. It's against Millard though, whatever it is.

Use this link, choose all courts in Toronto and check for his name using the 'find' feature. I looked for Smich and he isn't there.

This is so strange, you would have thought the media would have picked up on this by now?? How do you WS' find this stuff?

I am really curious about this for some reason.

His case appearance tomorrow is listed as "to be spoken to". I wonder what that is about??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LowStuff5019