Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My gut feeling, and nothing more, is that they are unanimous in the 1DM guilty verdict for DM, but MS is proving to be a tougher thing to determine.

Still think they get them both, however.

I agree. Both questions they have asked don't have anything to do with determining DM's guilt IMO. Knowing whether Tim went for gas is to try explain the truck on it's own in the SS video. This would be to think of whether MS was in the truck when the shooting happened. Wanting to review MH's testimony is IMO to determine if MS asked for the gun in the toolbox or not.

I would bet that by this time tomorrow night we will know the verdicts.

I've been too busy with school and work to keep up with the jury deliberations but it seems to me like DM's fate is already set IMO and they're deliberating on MS. I wouldn't want their job that's for sure and it looks like they're dedicated and taking their duty very seriously. I commend them and don't blame them for having so many questions. There was a lot of evidence and a long trial - I'd imagine that can be overwhelming and exhausting. Sending someone to prison for life is a huge decision that will weigh on a juror forever and they know they have to get it right.

From what I have caught up with so far I think we already knew they were all liars and all of them claim they never talked to each other about certain things/the murder itself and I don't believe that for a second. IMO DM can't help himself and he loves attention - and it's clear from his letters he has a big mouth. I don't believe what MH, DM, CN, AM, MS, etc are trying to sell in terms of how they communicated before and after the murder.

And in lighter news, it was heartwarming to see Sharlene playing jenga outside with her sister and family. Even those small moments of happiness are important.

I agree. Both questions they have asked don't have anything to do with determining DM's guilt IMO. Knowing whether Tim went for gas is to try explain the truck on it's own in the SS video. This would be to think of whether MS was in the truck when the shooting happened. Wanting to review MH's testimony is IMO to determine if MS asked for the gun in the toolbox or not.

I would bet that by this time tomorrow night we will know the verdicts.

I origially thought it would take one, maybe two days, of deliberations before they nailed both of these . That was before Goodman's final charge to the jury.

I am going to say Friday. :)

Am I the only who thinks that deliberating from 9:30 am to 8:30 pm is somewhat "over the top"? Man, I'd be exhausted. I don't work those kind of hours in my paid job.

About 15 years or so ago, I was on a jury. The details of the case were disturbing as the charges were rape and forcible confinement. I was very impressed by the sincere interest of every member of the jury to concentrate and listen intently both in the courtroom and in the deliberations in the jury room. It was thoroughly exhausting. And I say this even though it was a very much shorter case. The whole thing only lasted one week, with the deliberations happening all on one very long day.

It does seem inhumane somehow to not let them have a little more personal time to decompress a bit - maybe stop at 7?. I know they don't want to be there away from their families any longer than necessary, but there comes a point where it isn't going to speed up the process if people are too exhausted to focus. And if people get ill, it will really slow things down.

MOO

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 11s11 seconds ago
Goodman says the jury is tired, and the man who was ill earlier still isn't feeling well. The jury will break for tonight. #TimBosma #Bosma

CJPrincess you called it!

I suffer from migraines and know how I personally feel. The medication the hospital gives is amazing but if I don't return home and lay down, the migraine will return. Big hugs to that juror because I would have been the cause for a full days deliberations rest.

That is something isn't it?

I was so intent on the Bosmas and Sharlene's sister and what that captured moment conveyed to me that I didn't even notice the background, until it was mentioned by you and another sharp-eyed WSer. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wonder if the Bosma family noticed the truck parked there???

They are apparently taken to a restaurant for dinner during deliberations also. I wonder if this is before or after they finish at 8:30?

In reply to xxxx

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2h2 hours agoHamilton, Ontario
@xxxx they go to a restaurant, accompanied by the court officers.

Actually tonight they were taken somewhere where there were some reporters also sitting down to eat. So the reporters left. LOL This was around 5:30pm

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 3h3 hours ago
Close call w jury.. they win. We eat elsewhere...

Question to AP - @AlexpiersonAMP you ended up at the resto as the jury?

ha.. yep. we were just about to sit down.. and in they alled. Out we fled...

Actually tonight they were taken somewhere where there were some reporters also sitting down to eat. So the reporters left. LOL This was around 5:30pm

Close call w jury.. they win. We eat elsewhere...

Question to AP - @AlexpiersonAMP you ended up at the resto as the jury?

ha.. yep. we were just about to sit down.. and in they alled. Out we fled...

Weird. I would think they will let the restaurant know ahead of time to maybe close or something.

A Black Dodge Ram downtown Hamilton. I wonder how common it is in rural areas like Ancaster, ON? Gonna guess, pretty common.

Also Brampton is where a Chrysler factory is so probably many workers in Hamilton who buy the product. JMO

Hopefully they have a verdict but want to sleep on it!!!

I'm hoping today they were trying to remove any doubt that MS may have been set up by DM. They might waiver between 1st & 2nd degree for MS, but 1st degree for DM was obvious
:cow::cow::cow:

I'm hoping today they were trying to remove any doubt that MS may have been set up by DM. They might waiver between 1st & 2nd degree for MS, but 1st degree for DM was obvious
:cow::cow::cow:

Yes, I think so too. Seems they already past the pre-murder and the immediate post-murder periods. Now summarizing the clues pro and con Smich's prior knowledge. How did he react, what was in the toolbox, what was the agreement with Michalski, etc.

If they reach the verdict on a Saturday or Sunday do they wait until Monday to read it or does court convene on the weekend for it?

7d2a2e8410f1926d50b1a04e110d6793.jpg

If they reach the verdict on a Saturday or Sunday do they wait until Monday to read it or does court convene on the weekend for it?

Whatever day the jury reaches a verdict, that is the day it will be announced in the courtroom. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that the court is always "in session", so to speak, as long as the jury is deliberating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member