Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if DM & MB may be parted from their money if there is civil litigation sometime in the future???

Possibly.

Yup, a LOT of assets were sold, so I agree that there is plenty of money. If DM was broke, I'm sure the Crown WOULD have gotten bank records to prove this part of the theory. I always thought it was weird that they didn't obtain DM'S financial records or at least call in the "real accounts".

As for WM assets, DM probably didn't know that in a case of suicide, insurance policies are held for 2 years. So DM wouldn't have gotten WM insurance policy payout for 2 years (at least that's what I've been told). Maybe that's why he was pi$$ed at the MA accountants because they couldn't release any funds? He said something about "his accountants to LW2, why he couldn't close on the condo". I wonder if WM assets (other then insurance policy) would also be held in the case of suicide?

So since DM signed everything over to MB, would the inheritance then go to MB? Or would anything even get paid out (by way of insurance policy) in the case of murder?

ALL MOO and JMO

MB only had power of attorney. MB is not in line to receive anything. The money is still in DM's control.

Do you think we would be at the point we are today if Millard had not grown up with money?

I am wondering how much his wealth informed his attitude to other people. Millard really should have had a perfect life. What went wrong?

Bad upbringing, dysfunctional family and a sense of entitlement. Obviously no work ethic or respect for others either. I know WM is a victim, but in a way he is directly responsible for this monster.

Susan Clairmont just responded to a tweeted question regarding upcoming approx. trial dates:

Noudga is November, Babcock is Feb. 13, 2017 and Wayne Millard is June 23, 2017.

(We have heard for a while now that Noudga's is Nov. 14, 2016.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting!

So I guess we now know what happened with the pre-trial for WM. The judge must have decided there is enough evidence to go ahead.

2 murder trials in the first half of 2017, buckle up DM this will be rough.

Do you think we would be at the point we are today if Millard had not grown up with money?

I am wondering how much his wealth informed his attitude to other people. Millard really should have had a perfect life. What went wrong?
You can learn a lot about what's wrong with DM simply by noting what's obviously messed up about MB. Acorn doesn't fall far from the tree.

Interesting!

So I guess we now know what happened with the pre-trial for WM. The judge must have decided there is enough evidence to go ahead.

2 murder trials in the first half of 2017, buckle up DM this will be rough.

Not rough at all. Doesn't seem to bother him in the least. I think these trials are the last glimpses of the outside world for Millard so he's probably enjoying. Once resigned to losing, the stress of it goes away. Most people would probably hate the shame of sitting in that defendants box, but this is a guy that had no problems munching dog biscuits in school, he's just wired different than the rest of us.

Bad upbringing, dysfunctional family and a sense of entitlement. Obviously no work ethic or respect for others either. I know WM is a victim, but in a way he is directly responsible for this monster.

I have concerns about WM as a role model given his lifestyle choices (alcohol problems).

I think DM's parents planned a rather rigid path for him...they were determined for him to have a career in aviation and DM never got to back away from that. He described himself as "an extension of another life". DM's parents had him go to prep school, no doubt with the intent that he carry on to university, because a degree is necessary to get ahead in today's competitive aviation industry. DM seemed to balk at this.

DM obviously did not respect his father if DM chose to kill him.

There was definitely something going on with his upbringing, IMO, and I think there was some tension brewing out of the enmeshed, rigid path that DM's parents built and DM's resentment of his father.

So has the jury asked the judge Goodman ....any questions this am as they usually do? I sincerely wonder what is tieing up the Jury in reaching a verdict...IMO there is tons of evidence the Crown produced to Hang especially Dellen and they do not have to know who pulled the trigger of the gun who killed Tim Bosma .There is enough evidence from the gun and incinerator that they did a very dirty deed....JMHO ...Please let the Jury see the evidence and end their delberations already ...again JMHO ...Justice for Tim Bosma ...please ...I guess I am feeling very impatient already ...JMHO robynhood.

I don't know why DM turned out as he did but it's possible that he was born with a destiny to become a psychopath and perhaps he was displaying the traits early in his life and his parents didn't know how to handle him. I agree with with DeaconBrodie that the reasons he turned out as he did are a mix of nature and nurture. We will never know for sure.

All MOO.

I have concerns about WM as a role model given his lifestyle choices (alcohol problems).

I think DM's parents planned a rather rigid path for him...they were determined for him to have a career in aviation and DM never got to back away from that. He described himself as "an extension of another life". DM's parents had him go to prep school, no doubt with the intent that he carry on to university, because a degree is necessary to get ahead in today's competitive aviation industry. DM seemed to balk at this.

DM obviously did not respect his father if DM chose to kill him.

There was definitely something going on with his upbringing, IMO, and I think there was some tension brewing out of the enmeshed, rigid path that DM's parents built and DM's resentment of his father.

I am sure this has been discussed before, but I am wondering if Wayne Millard might have discovered something to do with Laura's murder, and perhaps that might have been why he was murdered? Just a thought.

MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know why DM turned out as he did but it's possible that he was born with a destiny to become a psychopath and perhaps he was displaying the traits early in his life and his parents didn't know how to handle him. I agree with with DeaconBrodie that the reasons he turned out as he did are a mix of nature and nurture. We will never know for sure.

All MOO.
He's going to jail for the rest of his life. Like Bernardo, he isn't coming out. All of society will be better for it.

I caution you not to confuse assets with wealth. I know many people who have multiple vehicles, new trucks, big houses, fancy boats, etc who appear wealthy. But their toys are leased or mortgaged and credit cards and lines of credit are maxed out. One has to see the whole picture.

DM's empire looked to ha significant cash outflows with minimal cash inflows. Unless the drug trade was lucrative, I have have hard time believing the coffers are overflowing.

Another possibility to consider - the house MB lived in may have been owned by Millard Air. Could explain the quick sale.

MOO

I caution you not to confuse assets with wealth. I know many people who have multiple vehicles, new trucks, big houses, fancy boats, etc who appear wealthy. But their toys are leased or mortgaged and credit cards and lines of credit are maxed out. One has to see the whole picture.

DM's empire looked to ha significant cash outflows with minimal cash inflows. Unless the drug trade was lucrative, I have have hard time believing the coffers are overflowing.

Another possibility to consider - the house MB lived in may have been owned by Millard Air. Could explain the quick sale.

MOO

No, we long ago hashed out what DM was worth. He had real estate assets of $12M and debts around $3.4M when he was nabbed. MB owned her own house.

I think insurance companies won't payout if a suicide occurs within two years of the policy being issued. After that I believe under certain circumstances they may do. At least that is my understanding and I could be wrong lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow