Verdict: GUILTY!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rafferty jury heads into first full day of deliberations. Michele Mandel has what they don't know. #ToriStafford http://bit.ly/M27DAA

#Rafferty's lawyer spoke outside courthouse. Says proof beyond reasonable doubt isn't something that belongs to Rafferty but every Canadian

I have never been on a jury (my hubby has, for murder no less, but that's another story!) so I wonder.....After picking the foreman (foreperson?), would you take a vote right away to see where everyone stands?? That seems like the best starting point, no?

I watched all 7 parts of the interview. At one point I too wondered if MR would might said something if the detective had given him a chance. I do think the method the detective was using can be very successful on a PERSON, which MR is clearly not. I give the detective a ton of credit for managing to try to be nice to MR for as long as he did. I would have a really hard time doing his job. The more I watched, the angrier I got at MR. He is so cold.

When he said "It can wait one more day, when I talk to a lawyer and I know exactly all my rights" (said at 13:51, part 7 of the interview). The detective then tells him that he has two rights, to talk to a lawyer OR to keep his mouth shut. Then MR indignantly says "I have A LOT more rights than that".

***I couldn't stand it and I found myself yelling at him on the video, "YOU have a lot more rights than that, really?? What about Tori's rights!!!???!!??"***

Sadly, he's right. He has a lot more rights than victims. Sad reality unfortunately. :(

Rafferty jury heads into first full day of deliberations. Michele Mandel has what they don't know. #ToriStafford http://bit.ly/M27DAA

#Rafferty's lawyer spoke outside courthouse. Says proof beyond reasonable doubt isn't something that belongs to Rafferty but every Canadian

bbm: yeah.. too bad part of the proof will not even be part of the decision for the jury (sorry.. just venting)

The longer the jury deliberates would that be a good sign for 1st degree conviction? Just wondering if the length of the deliberations historically has any bearing on the verdict outcome. I usually do not follow trials this closely.

I have never been on a jury (my hubby has, for murder no less, but that's another story!) so I wonder.....After picking the foreman (foreperson?), would you take a vote right away to see where everyone stands?? That seems like the best starting point, no?

Yes that would be the most logical thing to do. Some do it openly and others do it anonymously and take it from there. (per my long history of following jury trials)

hoping we don't have a florida/caseyanthony jury here #rafferty #toristafford rip tori hope justice is served today

"It wasn't excluded to ne nice to #Rafferty," Derstine says. "It was excluded because it was illegally seized."

Asked why he's defending #Rafferty, lawyer says it's his job "you wouldn't ask a surgeon to determine if someone's a nice guy."#ToriStafford

Hoping to get swift justice for their daughter? I'd be there every single minute until a verdict is reached.

Yes i would feel the need to be close and close to the Jurors. I cant imagine a drive in knowing a verdict had been reached. I don't know the time allotment either. I wish i did know as i hoped to be there.

Adrian Morrow ‏ @AdrianMorrow
Asked why he's defending #Rafferty, lawyer says it's his job "you wouldn't ask a surgeon to determine if someone's a nice guy."

Surgeons don't murder little girls, Derstine!

I cannot believe Rafferty's lawyer this morning

OMG after yesterdays disclosure he should be hiding in a corner.......somewhere
shame on him

jmo

i am watching video 1 one MR and if this detective just shut up for a minute maybe MR would have said something. He just talking a mile a minute. JMO

I don't know about that. Although there were a couple of times you could tell he knew he was caught. He'd say something like "I'll deal with that when it comes". Once I think was when the detective mentioned that they would find his DNA on Tori's body.

The longer the jury deliberates would that be a good sign for 1st degree conviction? Just wondering if the length of the deliberations historically has any bearing on the verdict outcome. I usually do not follow trials this closely.

Usually the longer they deliberate the better for the accused. IMO

Yes. Happy Birthday, Tahorn.

happy_birthday_balloons_and_text_0515-1004-2121-5912_SMU.jpg

Yes, happy birthday Tahorn. Mine is tomorrow.

I just got a birthday card from Tori's Grandma on my FaceBook. My heart is breaking.

Rafferty lawyers and family all waiting inside Londond court... Family says they're hoping they'll have a verdict today. @globalnewsto

Tori's Dad says the sun is out - today would be a good day for this to be over

I hope there is justice for #toristafford today

More disgusting details come out as #toristafford's family awaits verdict for Rafferty. http://bit.ly/K85XBe

Rafferty lawyer responds to inadmissable evidence, says it keeps the system working to prevent mistakes

here is an example from the US (not sure about you guys in Canada): I just got done following the Jason Young trial (he was convicted on 1st degree and it was a retrial no less..the jury hung the first time around)

they took a vote right off the bat and started discussing (much like this case the first day was only a few hours of deliberations)..

they had a break over the weekend iirc

they then deliberated another day

they then came back the next day and took another vote, went to lunch, came back and and 30 minutes or so later took another break (they had reached a decision but the foreperson wanted to take a short break to ensure everyone was solid on their vote).. they came back, voted again and notified the court they had reached a decision.

They did not have a tree ;-) (they also were not sequestered.. which I think should be a requirement in all deliberations of cases like this as there is currently an investigation into juror misconduct as there are allegations that a juror may have been texting during the deliberations.. so far unfounded)

I personally believe the tree and the sequestration could move the process along **unless** they are completely divided and cannot reach a unanimous decision. (this does happen unfortunately)

moo

Happy Birthday Paris and Tahorn. Praying you get exactly what you wish for. What we all wish for.

lzilkeglobal ‏ @lzilkeglobal
Tori's Dad says the sun is out - today would be a good day for this to be over.

lzilkeglobal ‏ @lzilkeglobal
#Rafferty lawyers and family all waiting inside Londond court... Family says they're hoping they'll have a verdict today.

Rafferty lawyers and family all waiting inside Londond court... Family says they're hoping they'll have a verdict today. @globalnewsto

Tori's Dad says the sun is out - today would be a good day for this to be over

maybe if people know the staffords are there ppl will go down there in solidarity. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member