Verdict: GUILTY!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anybody notice how Rafferty was holding his hands towards the end of the interview with the police after his arrest in this video on May 20, 2009? Around the 45 minute mark on the video.

Just passing time waiting for the guilty verdict on all charges.

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/05/10/19743241.html

Not sure what you think is wrong with his hands... fingers crossed, thumbs pressed together.

Couple of things said in the video that stood out. He was asked if he blamed TLM because she grabbed a child that was too old... one who could tell the police what they looked like and describe his car.

Other thing mentioned was Tori met TLM, was friendly, thought TLM was nice. Until they got to the car and TLM opened the back door and Tori thought she wasn't so nice any more.

I think when this is over I'll take a big break from it. I wish it was done because I can't seem to stop myself from reading articles, watching videos, repeating the stories to anyone who will listen...

attachment.php

attachment.php

http://www.therecord.com/news/canad...l-asks-judge-for-definition-of-sexual-assault

Attachments

• bracelet.JPG
    bracelet.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 85
  • d_childen.JPG
    d_childen.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 85
Okay, now this is absolutely bizarre !!! One of my chores was to go outside to do poo patrol. People give me plastic bags as I go through a lot of them. I grabbed a bag to line the bucket (it is from a liquor store in Vancouver where i do not live). As i shook the bag to open it, what do i find in the bottom of the bag .... a purple balloon !!! I have never had a purple balloon in my house in my lifetime that I am aware of.

I'm not a big believer in signs either, that is bizarre, it means something good :)

I have been seeing butterflies fluttering around my house the past couple of days and just now two landed on my porch. I sure hope with all the good vibes And prayers people are sending it helps true jury come to the right decision.

Heading out soon for a few days visiting family, so will not get to see MR break down when the verdict is read out, oh well I know he is going to cry in his prisoner box, bye bye Rafferty may you rot in your dingy little cell.
Must DL twitter on my phone so I can keep up if anything happens.

I am either tired or not as swift as I thought, because, this "clarification" from the Judge is confusing as hell.

Anyone want to indulge and translate to common person speak? (Seriously, Judge Heeney??)

At the request of jurors, Heeney also issued a clarification of his final instructions, telling them, “If you totally reject evidence that points to innocence, meaning you neither believe it nor does it even leave you with a reasonable doubt, that does not amount to affirmative evidence of guilt.

http://www.therecord.com/news/canad...l-asks-judge-for-definition-of-sexual-assault

Thanks for the welcome. I have a 2 year old daughter and this whole thing makes me so sick. I really don't know if I can deal with anything less than guilty of 1st degree. I SO hope Det. Smyth gets to wave goodbye to MR just like he said 3 years ago! Justice for Tori MUST be had!!

Not sure what you think is wrong with his hands... fingers crossed, thumbs pressed together.

Couple of things said in the video that stood out. He was asked if he blamed TLM because she grabbed a child that was too old... one who could tell the police what they looked like and describe his car.

Other thing mentioned was Tori met TLM, was friendly, thought TLM was nice. Until they got to the car and TLM opened the back door and Tori thought she wasn't so nice any more.

I think when this is over I'll take a big break from it. I wish it was done because I can't seem to stop myself from reading articles, watching videos, repeating the stories to anyone who will listen...

Just simply body language ... forefingers pointed upwards and palms in towards his body usually indicates defiance and contempt I think. MOO is that Rafferty thought he was too smart to get caught.

I hope so elepher. I'm a pretty steely old coot, and can usually steel myself against a lot of things. But earlier this afternoon, I said one of the biggest prayers of my life for the right verdict for Tori ... both the butterflies and balloon happened afterwards. I can't stop crying and I just feel overwhelmed.

when-i-die-do-not-stand-at-my-grave-and-weep-sherri-of-palm-springs.jpg

I am either tired or not as swift as I thought, because, this "clarification" from the Judge is confusing as hell.

Anyone want to indulge and translate to common person speak? (Seriously, Judge Heeney??)

My interpretation: Just because you think Rafferty is not entirely innocent it does not mean that he is automatically guilty.

Really Judge Heeney ... stop the double speak!

I read it as "If you don't believe TLM's confession that she was the one that actually committed the murder, that cannot be automatically interpreted to mean Rafferty committed the murder."

This I don't like. I hope I'm wrong. After all, there was no one else there - who else could have done it?

ETA - I've been known to be a bit Eeyore-ish from time to time. I'm almost certainly wrong.

Rafferty on 'pins and needles'
http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/05/11/19746896.html

I hope those pins hurt like a son of a biatch!

Now that I am caught up, I can tell you I drove by the court house after my Dr's appointment, it was hard to get a good look at what was going on with Dundas being closed due to construction... I was able to see a few people on the front steps, likely family? Seen some purple clothing.

16 more minutes until 7:00... I sure hope there is a verdict shortly after *crossing fingers*

Originally Posted by Confusedashell
Well now that everything of MRs past is out of the closet I am going to come out as well. I am one of the victims of MR. I was one of the women on the stand. This is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. Reading all that stuff about him last night made me sick as I am sure it did everyone who read it. I at the time we dated had a little girl 3 years of age. I am so very thankful that neither of us were hurt in anyway. I pray for little Tori and hope to god for justice for her and her family. Through this I have become quite close with Tara. She is such a great lady. She has been amazing and I truly commend her for her strength.

Dear Confused I am so so sorry to hear you were a victim of MR. Wow am I thankful everything turned out ok and you and your daughter where not harmed. What a shocker. Keep your chin up Dear and pray for justice for sweet Tori and justice for all the little children that this demon doesn't get out to cause anymore despair and grief in anyone's life ever again. Hugs to you, stay strong. moo

Omg I hope they come to a verdict soon, hubby wants alone time since my mother has her tonight and he doesn't understand how important today and tomorrow is....sigh... We got into a fight in the car about it. I need to be here it's been three years but I feel guilty argh!!! I should have stayed single lololol

Tweeted 1 minute ago?? !!

London Free Press‏@RaffertyLFP

Jury has another question.

WTH? Were we just TOLD they went for dinner while they continued deliberations or have they returned and resumed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste