Verdict: GUILTY!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can only speak for myself, but I was ashamed.

No reason to feel that way Tahorn ... we are all very passionate about justice and have strong convictions regarding whatever side we believe at the time. Given the limits of what we knew at the time, you were totally justified in feeling that way. Now, if you STILL felt that way, i might suggest that someone crack an egg over your head or something ;) JK

Yesterday they broke even before 9. It was 8:50 according to my computer clock.

They were probably tired after listening to judge's instructions all day. I wondered how they could possibly think straight after a day of complicated instructions. MOO.

So, confession time for me. I am 38 weeks pregnant (4th pregnancy)and have been having regular contractions since 6pm tonight and refuse to go to the hospital until the jury is done for the night. I even sent my husband to a movie so he doesn't figure out I am going into labor. Good thing the hospital is only a block away. Midwives have been paged and are fine with me hanging out at home for a bit.

Hopefully if this baby comes tonight I'll be back by 9am if there is no verdict tonight!!

Hugs, dont feel ashamed. Your heart I know ( I wont even assume) was in the right place and you just wanted justice for the right people and MR will get his justice one way or another Im sure of that

Edited to add - No i do not endorse any harm on MR but I do feel he will get what is coming to him either in jail or outside of jail. His face is known, His actions have been heard, He is no longer the innocent dupe in the publics eyes and he will never ever ever be able to change that.

You should not be ashamed. You made an educated decision based on the evidence presented. If the excluded evidence had been included I am sure you would have felt otherwise. There is nothing wrong with what you had felt was an accurate assumption at the time. JMO.

They were probably tired after listening to judge's instructions all day. I wondered how they could possibly think straight after a day of complicated instructions. MOO.

Sadly, I think they're just as confused today.

I wouldn't hold your breath, it seems they need hand holding

While I am impatient, I am sure the jury is taking their responsibility seriously.

All the best to them on a very tough job.

(Of course I know what outcome I want to see!)

So, confession time for me. I am 38 weeks pregnant (4th pregnancy)and have been having regular contractions since 6pm tonight and refuse to go to the hospital until the jury is done for the night. I even sent my husband to a movie so he doesn't figure out I am going into labor. Good thing the hospital is only a block away. Midwives have been paged and are fine with me hanging out at home for a bit.

Hopefully if this baby comes tonight I'll be back by 9am if there is no verdict tonight!!

Wow!!! That's awesome!! Congratulations!!! How exciting!!! Don't wait too long!!

There are two things that frustrate me most in life: no common sense and difficult people who complicate things to be annoying, I believe this is the case with one or two on this panel.

Should we start boiling water? Oh dear. Now I'm having anxiety attacks. Holy smokes! 10 more minutes.

Your husband is at the movies. :thud:

I'll have to disagree. Some of his decisions were "curious". I'll use the same word Blatchford used in her description. I had a problem with Judge Heeney throughout the trial. I don't think he's a jerk but I questioned his experience in murder trials this morning and I really would like to know his history. Not sure if there is a way to get that information with our infamous Privacy Laws but I would be very interested.

I agree.

Clearly this jury is struggling. I don't think that his obtuse answers are helping. if someone doesn't understand the legalities, how does it help to explain it further by continuing to use highly technical legal language. He should have found a way to give a clear explanation in as close to layman's terms as possible. He is supposed to be an expert so he should be able to do that without making the decision for them. (Even though I think he took away their ability to make an objective decision by suppresing so much key evidence.)

Ohhh a baby and justice for Tori How much more special could that be, Go have that baby before the jury says GUILTY>...

Wowsers now how is that for commitment!!!!! Too a speedy and healthy delivery!!! cheers.

I'll have to disagree. Some of his decisions were "curious". I'll use the same word Blatchford used in her description. I had a problem with Judge Heeney throughout the trial. I don't think he's a jerk but I questioned his experience in murder trials this morning and I really would like to know his history. Not sure if there is a way to get that information with our infamous Privacy Laws but I would be very interested.

I'm pretty sure he was the judge for the Bandidos mass murders and same Crown for the trial as I recall. I'm off to confirm!

eta - yes it was Heeney and Gowdey who worked the Bandidos trial...

Should we start boiling water? Oh dear. Now I'm having anxiety attacks. Holy smokes! 10 more minutes.

Your husband is at the movies. :thud:
His movie is over at 10:20 Est so he should be good! I don't have quick labors usually. I had a child on Christmas morning and was home 3 hours later for breakfast brunch with the inlaws so I hopefully will be able to just cuddle with my baby and laptop tomorrow on the couch! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LowStuff5019