Verdict is IN- GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then there is the weeping judge. He keeps complaining about the non-sequestered jury. :rockon:

JUSTICE for Travis!
:great: :great: :great:

Thank you Jury! Now, do the right thing for Travis and his family in the next phase.

v MaryEllen Resendez abc 15:

@maryellenabc15: #jodiarias court watchers- Maricopa Co Atty's office expects DP phase will take 2-4 weeks

Maybe I imagined it, I thought the clerk read the results of the other charges also.
ie: burglary, etc. If I was not imagining it, does anyone have a link to those findings also? not just the murder 1 verdict?

I swear this trial has scrambled my brain :(

The charges were as follows:

1st degree premeditated murder
w/ lesser includes of;
2nd degree murder
Manslaughter

and

1st degree felony murder
no lesser includes

With lesser includes it goes like this:
If the jury didn't consider it premeditated murder, then they would move down to 2nd degree murder, if they didn't feel it was 2nd degree they would then consider manslaughter, if not manslaughter then not guilty.

Since they found her guilty of 1st degree premeditated murder, they did not move down the list.

Since there were no lesser includes with the 1st degree felony murder, it was either guilty on that charge or not.

All 12 jurors found her guilty of 1st degree premeditated murder
Additionally, 7 jurors also found her guilty of 1st degree felony murder

I just remember something. That Tweet or facebook post from Jodi saying "taking another life would not bring justice for Travis" something along those lines. Now suddenly she's changed her mind? She does NOT want DP, this is her last try at manipulation. Man, I hope the jurors are strong enough to send her to death row. This woman is evil.

Absolutely! Just minutes after she was convicted, - when her mind went blank in disbelief! - Jodi is already working the jury for the next phase of the trial. What a piece of work! I'm sure that her attorneys discouraged her from doing the interview, but Jodi did what Jodi wanted to do. She will never change, and I hope that the jury understands this. Jodi will continue to blame everyone but herself for this tragedy, and she'll continue to trash Travis. That remark about Travis' family "remembering him the way that they want to" was another cunning blow :furious:

I kind of overheard JC say some of jodis family are leaving town...did I hear right?? TIA

My high school best girlfriend's mom was a trainer/breeder of Pembroke Welsh Corgis. I loved those squat little heartbreakers! And their gremlin ears, too! ((((Squeeze))))

Boycie boy is a Cardigan. They are a bit bigger and a little different in shape and temperament (they're actually a separate breed, but people think of the two as the same). He is a genuine character. Like his Dad. :floorlaugh:

I believe she was truly shocked at being found guilty of 1st deg. In her depraved mind, she's the only victim here. I don't buy that she'd prefer the DP over LWOP. That's a load o' crapola. I think saw a look of real fear on her face today. I loved it!!

As for her sentence...

She'll be just fine & dandy in prison, seducing and using guards & prisoners alike. She'll probably find a way to get pregnant and have herself a grand old time. She'll thrive in prison and manipulate less savvy prisoners into waiting on her hand and foot. She'll continue to crank out her "original artwork", maybe take some online classes. She'll be just fine. That's why she has to be put to death. I hope the jury sees this. They've done a great job so far!!

b&bbm

ITA, nyvic! I think for the 1st time in this trial, her face told how she really felt when the verdict was announced. I would really like to know what her DT told her during deliberation. "The longer the better for us," or "The jury must be having problems with 1st Degree -- there must be some folks who don't think it's 1st. You might get 2nd..." or whatever. Her face finally, finally betrayed her today. She was truly dumbfounded. And she had absolutely no control over their voting.

And yes, she should really get DP, both for for the legal purpose of 1st Degree, and as you say, to truly penalize her for what she did. With LWOP, which she will certainly receive if the jury can't agree on DP, the Court should just go ahead & give her a red velvet robe, a crown and an orb & scepter -- she will rule her fellow convicts, the guards (some of them at least), and whoever else with whom she comes in contact. She's had 5 years to hone her con skills to an art. She will rule.

We must not let that happen.

Give her what she's asked for.

Since everything has been already said and I'm blowing off some stress ..... I was thinking about all the companies that got a free shout out/free advertising from JA

Tootsie pops
Pop rocks
Starbucks
U-haul
Budget rental
Priceline
Ky
Facebook
Twitter
Walmart

not to mention restaurants like Casa Ramos, Purple Plum ect
Can't think of any more off the top of my head.

I only bring this up because I heard Starbucks was giving 1/2 off Strawberry Fraps today, I'm assuming it was probably only in Maricopa County area.

Is Astroglide another brand? Idk, just heard ALV use that name lol

"cop killers, serial killers..." funny he didnt mention "BABY KILLERS"...grr ok..me no likey the Baez person over there...he made me laugh and grrrr in under five minutes!

I wonder sometimes if he goes back and actually LISTENS to what he has said. He is beyond annoying, even after all this time of not seeing or hearing him on TV. He still bugs me to no end.

DB just tweeted that Jodi's mom is flying home tonight. :floorlaugh:

I guess she really is not going to testify for her own daughter during mitigation. :facepalm:

:) I think they described hugs and kisses at the car, Jodi's family because the Aunt is flying home.. I did not hear the mom part. I'll go check that, I think she is still here, they just got out from a 30 minute visit with Jodi, if she worked mom in between interviews...

So Donovan on probation isn't allowed to call or contact JA anymore seeing as she's a felon is that correct?
Also I just heard on HLN that JA's aunt and Grandmother just flew home. How weird is that with a mitigation phase days away?

If what HLN reported is true, it speaks volumes for what they must have known all along.

MOO

Jose Baez, who said JA wouldn't be convicted of premeditated murder, is now telling us she won't get DP.

Translation: Jodi, use your PPL membership to update your will.

Since everything has been already said and I'm blowing off some stress ..... I was thinking about all the companies that got a free shout out/free advertising from JA

Tootsie pops
Pop rocks
Starbucks
U-haul
Budget rental
Priceline
Ky
Facebook
Twitter
Walmart

not to mention restaurants like Casa Ramos, Purple Plum ect
Can't think of any more off the top of my head.

I only bring this up because I heard Starbucks was giving 1/2 off Strawberry Fraps today, I'm assuming it was probably only in Maricopa County area.

Cinnebon!!!!

Anyone watching Vinnie on HLN? Jean C just said JA's mom and grandmother are visiting JA. Grandmother is not in a wheelchair, and walked from the car into the jail. Interesting. I'm not bashing grandma, but wonder if the defense team set that wheel chair up as a prop for the jurors to see?
Oh wait. Of course they did! (Sarcasim!)

Geez, that is right up there with Sandy Arias' initial statement to Flores that "Jody" has mental issues. Cry me a river of excuses.

What got to me is b/c of JA and her having her visitors, the other inmates' visitations with their peeps is shut down. "For security reasons."

SHE GETS SPECIAL TREATMENT AND THE OTHERS GET SCREWED?!? That's so wrong!

I'm sure they won't forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member