Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Riiiiiiiight. She wants to be LE and is in absolute support of her sister who brutally murdered the brother of LE. That should smooth her way in.

Didn't Jodi claim her sister got mixed up in drugs and got into trouble. Sounds like that would be a dead end for her hopes to ever be LE.

Is this all from the same interview? Because this story is evolving....the system was flawed, she wasnt a serial killer, she didnt have previously violent behavior....well except for that tire slashing thing, but whatever. No prior criminal history.

In any case, 8 had no trouble with the same information he found to be a stumbling block.

My turn to step away. I dont think I want to give this man and his evolving story any more of my time and attention.

Agreed, I am done with anything else this man has to say.

I want to hear from the others inside of the Jury room. I want to hear from the ones who voted for the DP and see if they really did beleive Jodi was mentally and emotionally abused by Travis, as this man seems to claim they all did MOO..

Angela didn't even hide the fact she would've enjoyed torturing him longer, for a week. Yeah, she gets off on her power to kill and not feel.

CMja couldn't stop herself from peeking at the pics showing what mess she made of Travis. She'd peek and barely hide her smug self-satisfaction.

Both are sadistic remorseless murderers. I have placed them in a sub category called NOT HUMAN anymore. Tares growing with the wheat or something like that.

omg!! yea that won't happen in california, the have huge background checks, a friend of mine got his BS in criminal justice, went to police academy, awesome guy, straight arrow and top grade earner in college and the academy, ultimatley was turned down in every department because his brother who he hadn't spoken to in 10 years was in jail on felony drug charges - so no CNJA's sister won't have a law career

Holy cow, that is incredibly unfair to your friend!! He had no control over what his brother did.

Okay, I'm just gonna say it. I've posted before ... but I just don't understand Sky Hughes' emails to Travis. Why couldn't she just mind her own business and stay out of Travis's life??? She took ownership of Travis and thought she knew better than anyone how to "control" his life. She maybe has a good heart, but she is a very controlling and meddling person. She had NO business to dig into Travis's life as she did. She annoys me beyond anything.

To think that she and Chris had Travis in a room, running him over the coals about Arias (while she was listening at the door). Who does that to a 30-year-old man???? That just makes my hinky meter go waaaay over the top.

Sky and Chris were too intrusive in Travis's life ...and .. too over-the-top controlling/protective. Travis needed guidance, yes .. but he did NOT need a couple of meddling PPL folks trying to control his life. He was 30 years old. Yes they could see that JA was a whacko ....

Where were they when things were going wrong. They didn't seem to know anything else other than that one experience. If they were concerned, why didn't they report things to the authorities ... that's because they didn't really know anything more than that one experience that they were talking about (re her listening outside the door while Chris and Sky were trashing Jodi).

Am I the only one who has a weird feeling about the Hughes's. Why would they NOT be put on the stand. What's up with this??

I have 2 feelings about this:
1. Chris & Sky were like parental figures to Travis, and looked out for him
2. They only seemed to care when it benefitted them somehow.
Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Playing the devil's advocate for a minute - re the bolded, that was one of the mitigating factors they put forward for her, so I don't think it's out of the question for him to discuss it.

Here's my prediction.

He got up at 4am to give this interview after being sequestered. He's going to go home and hit google. In 3 or 4 days we're going to get a different kind of interview from him. Maybe he'll even find Websleuths and the "what do we know that the jurors don't?" thread. The next interview will involve him saying something along the lines of "well ... I wish we'd known the full story" and he'll say that he thinks the DP would have been given had they known all of it.

I agree. And the next jury will get to see Nd hear it and I believe she will get dp

Playing the devil's advocate for a minute - re the bolded, that was one of the mitigating factors they put forward for her, so I don't think it's out of the question for him to discuss it.

Here's my prediction.

He got up at 4am to give this interview after being sequestered. He's going to go home and hit google. In 3 or 4 days we're going to get a different kind of interview from him. Maybe he'll even find Websleuths and the "what do we know that the jurors don't?" thread. The next interview will involve him saying something along the lines of "well ... I wish we'd known the full story" and he'll say that he thinks the DP would have been given had they known all of it.

I realize that was one of the mitigating factors the jury could consider, but the way I understood it they could give these factors the amount of importance they wished. Imho in a crime like this I don't think that because she didn't do anything that got her in trouble with the law before ...means too much.

And with all due respect fruity I don't see the foreman changing his mind, after he reads different things about the case. I don't see that in his character, from what I have observed so far...although I could be wrong. I guess we'll find out soon enough if your scenario is correct.

Whoop hoooo my all time favorite episode of The Sopranos is on HBO

"The Pine Barrens"

Just a heads up for fans that need a break from Jodi;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone was on the chat (HLN) with Ryan and said that the gun a pillowcase, a jersey and floormats (bloody) had been found 19 miles (south?) of the Hoover dam, and had been turned into Las Vegas PD. Recently. Stranger things have happened. But anyone hear anything like that?

I referred him to this site. LOL

WOW! I just got here and trying to catch up in reading! So if this has been asked - just ignore my question!! LOL!

ANY follow up on these items?? And will WE be hearing anything on this? Any links to this "story"??

TIA!

:seeya:

Didn't Jodi claim her sister got mixed up in drugs and got into trouble. Sounds like that would be a dead end for her hopes to ever be LE.

I'm surprised she didn't want to be an attorney. She's copying Samantha Alexander who is a cop?

Agreed, I am done with anything else this man has to say.

I want to hear from the others inside of the Jury room. I want to hear from the ones who voted for the DP and see if they really did beleive Jodi was mentally and emotionally abused by Travis, as this man seems to claim they all did MOO..

Sorry for asking (yes I did read your post :blushing:) but I just have to know MandyLeigh, did you also hear that he wants to talk to inmate Arias and he felt she was crucified in the court of public opinion.

I realize that was one of the mitigating factors the jury could consider, but the way I understood it they could give these factors the amount of importance they wished. Imho in a crime like this I don't think that because she didn't do anything that got her in trouble with the law before ...means too much.

And with all due respect fruity I don't see the foreman changing his mind, after he reads different things about the case. I don't see that in his character, from what I have observed so far...although I could be wrong. I guess we'll find out soon enough if your scenario is correct.

The P12 never changed their minds after seeing everything..or if they did they never publicly admitted it.

I am sitting at home and the directions and understanding of the process was crystal clear to me. However there are some very concerning things the Foreman is saying and it's become pretty frustrating.

He doesn't think it's fair that the Jury decide this (you should have spoke up about that so you could be removed and those who understand their duty could step in.)

He didn't expect it be a mistrial if the jury couldn't agree on a penalty? (!? You thought she would get life, like you wanted? You didn't know the process your decision would cause? MOO)

He believes Jodi was mentally and emotionally abused by Travis Alexander and THEY had to take that into consideration (I worry about what he was enforcing to still talk for everyone when clearly not everyone believed her abuse crud.)

When you look at the crime, then look at the young woman sitting at the table it doesn't wash. (It doesn't wash? Her looks should NOT matter. The law and the directions provided matter. She indeed did and admitted to it, you have photos of her doing it and you even have photos of the after effect. You have the most evidence of one persom commiting a murder then I have ever seen in my life. It's inked in pretty thick, not a wash.)

I knew something was up when this guy put that they were hung on the verdict paperwork. It caused a huge problem. First the courts thought it was a question.. then it turned into a verdict and chaos insued. Then, when it was read off the poor woman was stumbling all over herself becuase the actual sentence made no sense becuase it wasn't a sentence. The foreman seems so into their final say being the FINAL say that he put it on the Verdict form. ??

MOO I don't feel like the one at the wheel should have even been. This was far too serious and important for the things he is saying. Besides that an alternate spoke, those removed spoke. 8 people stuck in that room, all got it. I hope more speak out though so maybe we can get a better grasp on what was going on in that room becuase at this point I am very concerned and pretty frustrated.

BBM 1: Isn't that what they asked the first question about?

BBM 2: Methinks Mr. F wanted to get out of there before this innocent-looking woman got hurt!

All-in-all, if the Alexanders are looking at the attitude of this foreman, they're no doubt thanking all that is holy that she received M1 and cruelty at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbohacek