Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You said "Jurors" plural... I have not been able to keep up with this - was driving my husband through horrible traffic - but on the radio - they were talking like it was only ONE juror - has there been other information or are people just speculating? They were focusing on one woman who had acted strangely......all seemed to agree it was just one. I would think the number would make a big difference in how JM proceeds.

now they are free to see evidence not seen and all the videos from her arrest until all her latest interviews.

it was announced on HLN but not part of their "show"

Wow...thanks Mrs... Just got out of a much needed hot bubble bath and started seeing this and was just amazed...wonder when we will get the real breakdown?

HLN After Dark is more of a game show than a credible news source.

Wait and see if some credible source reports the 8 to 4 jury split.

Wow...thanks Mrs... Just got out of a much needed hot bubble bath and started seeing this and was just amazed...wonder when we will get the real breakdown?

That was the real breakdown, 8 to 4. 8 wanted DP.

Will Convicted Murderess Arias be allowed to tweet from jail, Sheriff Joe? Better give your deputies a little pep talk about the succubus' dirty little ways. She's already started focusing her attention on her next needs...the jailers and guards, she'll manipulate them.

I will give my two cents, knowing that there are other lawyers on this thread who practice criminal law and will correct me if I am wrong. But, this is what I see:

1. Jodi is on lock down, no interviews, while this drags on. That appears to be the same as if she is on death row. This could go on for an extended period due to the next phase.

2. Juan and his office (with input from the family) can offer a plea of life in prison if she gives up her appeals. This would be huge if accepted. Waiving appeals would get us farther than life would have gotten us today.

3. It may take a while, but I believe there are many, many people who are not familiar with this case. Not in that immediate area, but as many others have pointed out, some people have never heard of it.

4. This is not a win for the defense. Even if there is a plea bargain, this is no win for the defense. They are at the mercy of the prosecutors. Even if Wilmot and Nurmi get to leave, JA will be forced, with other lawyers, to move forward if the prosecution decides. I personally believe it would be harder to find a lawyer to accept her case than it would be to find a jury who would hear it.

5. God has a purpose. I know this. The Alexander family will need our prayers and our help, but there is a purpose here. I am so grateful that, whatever the deadlock, it didn't happen until now. THAT IS HUGE. I would much rather have a mistrial now than on any verdict prior to this. She is convicted. That part is done. That is a huge blessing. The same individuals who couldn't agree here could have held out then. That did not happen. Sometimes instead of looking at what has been taken away, we must remember what we have been given. What was given to the Alexanders is huge. They saw this through to her conviction. At this point, other decisions may need to be made. But, she is convicted and MOST IMPORTANTLY Travis' name has been cleared. There is no doubt about that and that is worth more than anything, even JA's death for her crime.

This jury has been a blessing. There is a purpose in this part as well. This will be alright and it will turn out for the greatest good - whatever that may be. I have no doubt there are angels watching over the Alexanders, on earth and in heaven. They are special people. Let us not forget them in our prayers in the months to come. Circle the wagons! - A Mormon pioneer saying :)

You have such a way with words. :hug:

Today was a huge disappointment for all of us. I must say I was gobsmacked when the lack of a verdict was announced. I called my son and husband in for the big moment because I was so sure it was going to be what we had all hoped for (and God knows they've suffered right along with me throughout this whole thing). When the clerk read the verdict, we all just gawped at each other like WTF? The anguish on the faces of the Alexander family put me over the edge, and I looked at my son and said pardon me but I have to *#@***%###****. The air was BLUE. It's their suffering that I can't stand anymore. We can walk away.....they can't. I can't imagine how much this hurt them.

But this was not a mamby pamby jury like the Pinellas knotheads, so I hold nothing against them. I applaud them. I could not have sat through what they sat through for 5 months and kept my sanity. I hope they can now somehow return to their normal lives. And I hope the Alexander family can hold onto their faith in Juan. He will continue to fight tooth and nail on their behalf. He looked pretty pizzed to me when this went down today, and I'm betting he'll be well prepared for round two. He has a whole lot more to bring to the table now given the stupid convict can't keep her trap shut. Stabby ain't no Einstein.

No, that's the real breakdown of the Arias jury!

I am sitting here shell shocked. The one thing I am wondering is if the jury truly understood the process. By this I mean did they know exactly what each penalty meant? Did they know another jury would decide? Did they fully get what the mitigating factors were & what they meant? If there was 1 lone juror who refused to negotiate (I know we don't know details yet), did they know they could tell this to the judge & maybe get a jurorwho would negotiate? I feel so deeply saddened for the Alexander's. After all this time, they deserve closure. I feel like they are stuck in this tragedy. While the Arias family is off sight seeing with not a care in the world. Seriously, what was THAT???

The family off sight-seeing says it all, doesn't it? You watch what they'll do to try and deflect this! ARARAR....

Pathetic.

moo

FOUR jurors voted for DEATH.
EIGHT voted for LIFE.

per HLN

NO....You have it backwards 8 DP 4 LIFE and 8 were men and 4 woman

We dont know if all 8 men voted DP though Hmmmmmm

according to HLN the reported 8-4 breakdown is the actual jury (not the HLN jury)

oh jeez, now with Jose Baez and Linda Kinney-Baden (and I thought this day couldn't get worse)

8-4 really surprised me but then I remembered something I heard on HLM many weeks ago. One of the TH said that 4 of the jurors seem very cozy. IIRC) at least 2 of them were woman.

Nancy Grace ‏@NancyGraceHLN 41s
Hearing the #JodiArias jury was split 8-4 in favor of death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads