Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adriano DP verdict was that the original verdict or a second jury??? I heard there was a case where a second panel did go for death quickly....TIA

This unanimous CRAP must change! I think it should be something like 10 out of 12 votes passes....to prevent this EXACT thing from happening when ONE/TWO jurors purposely and knowingly from day one...are holding out.

I can't quite get behind this. Nothing wrong with your opinion of course, but I would rather have one or two convicted jurors hold out when the whole world is going mad with bloodlust. That person may be the only one thinking rationally. It's not easy to escape death row, so I would rather one person that deserves death get life in prison than to have one innocent person get the needle.

I feel like this sounds a bit crazy, but I know that the best place to go with this is to my WS family.

I would have never predicted me crying like I am tonight for the Alexander family. Don't get me wrong, I've had so much sympathy and compassion for them from the start. It's not just a tear or two, I can't stop the waterworks from coming on everytime I think of the way things have been left hanging for the family. Then hearing Mike Galanos on HLN After Dark say one of the female jurors looked at the family and mouthed "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry", well that just did me in again and I'm sobbing. Seriously, I feel a bit crazy for the crying and am hoping my WS family help me plug the leak.

Well, you can read my posts over the past 48 hours which called it: 7 Just Jurors who couldn't drag the 5 Reluctant Jurors over the Finish Line.

Yes, I missed by one.

There were five who refused to find any felonies happening while a man was torture-murdered and then stuffed in his shower and left to rot.

If the murderess had been a murderer, and the victim been a woman, it would have been a short deliberation, and very unanimous.

TortureMurderessSibs_zps0e9bf926.jpg

TortureMurderess_zpsdd89a04b.jpg

For their sakes, I wish that the Just Jurors had prevailed.

I think they had a very strong criminal trail, I'm pretty sure they will have an overwhelming civil case. In a civil trial they have to prove a preponderance of the evidence and clear and convincing evidence.

When the civil suit was first discussed, one of the lawyers (AZlawyer, iirc) explained that the statute of limitations on the civil suit (2 yrs) has long since run. I asked a trial lawyer I know, too, and he agreed. I also did a little research myself and discovered the some states have passed legislation tolling the SOL in homicide cases, but I don't think AZ is among them.

Does anyone know if the jurors were onto what case this was before they were actually chosen?

I'm shocked at the split...I can't wait to hear the reasons for it.

As much as I'm ready for the Jodi Arias show to end, I say let her keep giving as many interviews as she wants between now and the retrial of the penalty phase, because she will only hurt herself more by talking and talking.

We've seen her get defensive when a journalist doesn't kiss her behind. Let one really make her angry and we (and the next set of jurors) will see the real, angry Jodi Arias that Travis saw in the final moments of his life. Let her talk herself into circles, contradict her own stories, etc. Let her keep doing it because she is her own worst enemy.

BARF. BARF. BARF.

This woman shot Travis in the face, stabbed him 27 times and slit his throat from ear to ear. She wants to recycle garbage in jail, sell t-shirts in support of her version of "domestic violence", and wants to teach people Spanish?

BARF.

THERE is something terribly wrong in the judicial system.

moo

Hey "ponytail" if you didn't want to say anything, why didn't you go out with protection dude?

bleh.

The sheriff is full of crap. He said the interviews were allowed because they have an open door policy. Has that changed? A big fat NO. Jodi was told the interviews will be used against you like the one from 48 hours. Inside Edition and Dateline. Thats why they stopped. Unless the jail has changed its open door policy within the past 24 hours that will be my firm belief.

i totally agree with this.

but i think it's too late.

I read some legal person's thing earlier that said JM could use JA's interviews with a new jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics