Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Drew is an idiot. He's spouting off about everyone being upset because they're dead set on death for the CM. What everyone is UPSET about Dr. Drew is that there WAS NO DECISION. I could have lived with LWOP... as long as there was SOME DECISION MADE. Why am I watching the drama on HLN? I barely ever do, and tonight they are pizzing me off. :stormingmad:

ETA: Loved NG hanging up on DB though. Made me fall in love with Nancy all over again :lol:.

ITA, Drew has multiple personality disorder :lol: Joking but seriously, he turns into a crazy person sometimes and it makes me cringe.

And Nancy, I used to really dislike her and couldn't bring myself to watch her. For some reason with this particular trial I have loved her. I enjoy when she gets on with Jodi's felon friends who get all uppity with Nancy. And I was relieved that she was there when this none verdict, verdict came in. I didn't want to hear a bunch of Dr. Drew crud telling the family to throw the towel in. I enjoyed having someone loudly telling it like it is.

Seriously they are interviewing Jose Baez??? Does anyone even care what he has to say? He was a 2 bit lawyer b4 the CA Trial.

I love your avatar. I see your from PA. I hope to take a road trip along route 6 thiis summer. Looking forward to Tioga and Potter Counties. PA Grand Canyon and Cherry Springs State Park during star gazing events.

For now, I'm finding peace in all of those things. Regardless of what happened today, Jodi Arias will NEVER do the things I've listed above again.

I will add:

I can close the door and have privacy when I pee pee. CMJA CAN'T.
Hey, I have a bathroom door. CMJA DOESN'T.

I can turn down sexual advances and CMJA CAN'T.

I can eat whatever I want whenever I want for as long as I want and CMJA CAN'T.

I can open any window in my house, step outside my door anytime I want and CMJA CAN'T.

I can have absolute total silence when I want to sleep and CMJA CAN'T.

I have people around me every day within touching distance who care about me, my feelings and what I think and CMJA DOESN'T.

I can get up in the middle of the night and go for a drive or just run down to CVS for a pint of Haagen Daaz and CMJA CAN'T.

And I take pleasure in that knowledge. Call me petty.

:seeya:

So allegedly it was more than one lady. There were a few who felt life would be sufficient. Well if the next jury can't agree that's what she'll get anyway. I would hate to know at 32 my day would consist of laying or sitting in a space the size of my bathroom with the toilet right there. Taking a shower 3 times a week, and eating food that I wouldn't feed my dog. She is going to be miserable.

th_2justicedelayed.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm shocked at the split...I can't wait to hear the reasons for it.

...they were glad to get away from her! J/k no reliable sources yet Donavan said they weren't told the verdict was in just that there was another jury question

CMJA hiding her head tonight??? why?? thought she loved the attention..Oh Ja did u suddenly understand the glass is half empty in your case and 8 people wanted you to die??? Oh and how sad for u that SJ banned further interviews...Off to 23hr lock down..Reality setting in yet???

My fear is this...that these latest interviews will NOT be allowed and our Juancho will not be let to admit these into evidence.

When the civil suit was first discussed, one of the lawyers (AZlawyer, iirc) explained that the statute of limitations on the civil suit (2 yrs) has long since run. I asked a trial lawyer I know, too, and he agreed. I also did a little research myself and discovered the some states have passed legislation tolling the SOL in homicide cases, but I don't think AZ is among them.

AZ lawyer researched it and corrected her original post. They can file a wrongful death suit.

FWIW - IMO:

First of all I am simply a layperson with no experience in law.

However, the State got a huge win with the murder 1. For me it's not like the trial that shall not be named. I still remember the punch in the gut feeling on the day of injustice and seriously doubted our Justice System.

Although I was hoping for a unanimous verdict in the JA penalty phase, it just didn't happen. Immediately after the non-verdict I have to confess to an extreme disappointment because I wanted closure for the family and the financial burden placed on the State of Arizona.

My faith is not shaken.

In the meantime, I will keep on keeping on in prayer for Justice for Travis and his family.

Sending love to all whom are hurting and to the Jurors for the tremendous burden which was placed on their shoulders.

As another sleuther mentioned, the Pinellas 12 released someone where there was no COD, no specific motive and no murder weapon. The evidence was circumstantial. Powerful, obvious, but circumstantial.

The Alexander jury had found the murder premeditated and cruel. They had photos of her in the act.

Until mentioned the likely possibility that this panel had a hold out and they didnt want to take a chance that she would receive LWP, I believed that they dropped the ball for deliberating such a short time. I felt that the Alexanders deserved more consideration than that.

We will see if there was someone who was going to refuse to vote for DP at any cost.

Well, if that were the case, wouldn't they report them for having perjured themselves at the outset?

I doubt their lawyer would have brought the case if the SOL had run.

Civil Action Arising from Criminal Conduct:

If the defendant is charged by a criminal complaint or indictment, then regardless of whether the defendant is convicted of criminal conduct against the victim, the limitations period for any cause of action brought by the victim against the defendant for criminal conduct is extended for one year from the final disposition of the criminal proceedings. This only applies against the defendant and defendant's personal assets. However, insurers have no duty to defend or indemnify under this statute, unless the action is filed within the otherwise applicable limitations period. Also, this statute doesn't apply to employers or former employers. ARS 12-511.

When the civil suit was first discussed, one of the lawyers (AZlawyer, iirc) explained that the statute of limitations on the civil suit (2 yrs) has long since run. I asked a trial lawyer I know, too, and he agreed. I also did a little research myself and discovered the some states have passed legislation tolling the SOL in homicide cases, but I don't think AZ is among them.

Laughed at Vinnie when he announced that CAs defense team was in the house ....as if we were in for a real treat!

Gagorama! I know he prolly HAD to say that. :rolleyes:

Good evening everyone...
:seeya:

HLN with Vinnie reporting the jury vote was 8-4 for the DP.

As good as Juan was, will he really be able to pull it off the second time around, assuming a jury can be seated?

At this moment I wonder if it's worth the try.

:truce:
First let's acknowledge that Juan was "good enough" to secure a first-degree murder conviction from the jury and the same 12 also agreed that the murder was especially cruel.

IMO, the real wild card here is Jodi. Even if the State decided to offer her LWOP rather than retry the penalty phase, would she agree? I have a hard time believing AT THIS MOMENT, that she'd forego a chance to tell her BS story to another jury even if that meant risking a death verdict on the do-over. This is a person who gave an interview 20 minutes after her first-degree conviction; tweeted insults about the prosecutor, witnesses and others; organized a media blitz while the jury was deliberating between life or death; disrespected the jury during the aforementioned interviews; and continued to spin her web of lies and assassinate Travis's character and reputation even after her conviction. At this point she knows that she's going to death row or prison for the rest of the life, crappy any way she looks at it. She craves attention and being in the public eye, the object of discussion. If the State offers a plea deal, I'm sure her attorneys would tell her that its in her best interest to accept a deal, but there is no guarantee that she'd listen. She's been running the show, calling the shots and I can't see that changing any time soon.

Seriously they are interviewing Jose Baez??? Does anyone even care what he has to say? He was a 2 bit lawyer b4 the CA Trial.

Jose Baez is a leech. He'll glom himself onto whatever case is in the media at the moment. He's the personification of the phrase "media wh*re. His voice still makes my skin crawl.

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 22m

#jodiarias mom Sandy was here PHX. Says she got bad info from court. Says she wasn't told about jury decision. Why she wasn't there. #fox10
Expand
Troy Hayden Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 24m

Just got off the phone with #jodiarias mom Sandy. Says she was in town the whole time. Disappointed another jury has to be sat. #fox10

Somebody else's fault.

they knew they had to be here and instead they want to make a vacation time since they had the father and the brother and sister. Donovan sure didn't reveal:blushing: it did she. yeah shes got quite the family, they are all self centered like her.

Now who leaves during a Verdict watch :floorlaugh: Kinda like leaving the surgical waiting room when a loved one is in surgery. I have driven up to the Canyon from Phoenix and it's about 4 hours. With a coupla stops. Forgive me but that just screams volumes about any Family member on Verdict watch. Now why do they keep saying some Jurors couldn't kill her? Her act was what would kill her. The Law in the State qualified her for it. Just bouncing off your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member