Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
now they are free to see evidence not seen and all the videos from her arrest until all her latest interviews.

Where's that list we had here? Someone can forward it over to them...

Baez needs to shut up!

I don't even hear him talking. I just hear the splatter sound on the floor as the poop hits it. Seriously, there's no one else on PLANET EARTH that was available? Alf? Lassie? Mr. Ed? That weird guy from MASH?! Anyone but this douchbag.

Allred's talking about 'holdouts.'

When you have 4 people, I think it's hard to call them holdouts. That's a faction, and a rift. Maybe 2 very different viewpoints in the jury room, unless the 4 all had different reasons for wanting life.

AZ lawyer researched it and corrected her original post. They can file a wrongful death suit.

Thanks. Do you remember what she said later or even when. Was it right around the same time? I'd like to read what she found out.

I will give my two cents, knowing that there are other lawyers on this thread who practice criminal law and will correct me if I am wrong. But, this is what I see:

1. Jodi is on lock down, no interviews, while this drags on. That appears to be the same as if she is on death row. This could go on for an extended period due to the next phase.

2. Juan and his office (with input from the family) can offer a plea of life in prison if she gives up her appeals. This would be huge if accepted. Waiving appeals would get us farther than life would have gotten us today.

3. It may take a while, but I believe there are many, many people who are not familiar with this case. Not in that immediate area, but as many others have pointed out, some people have never heard of it.

4. This is not a win for the defense. Even if there is a plea bargain, this is no win for the defense. They are at the mercy of the prosecutors. Even if Wilmot and Nurmi get to leave, JA will be forced, with other lawyers, to move forward if the prosecution decides. I personally believe it would be harder to find a lawyer to accept her case than it would be to find a jury who would hear it.

5. God has a purpose. I know this. The Alexander family will need our prayers and our help, but there is a purpose here. I am so grateful that, whatever the deadlock, it didn't happen until now. THAT IS HUGE. I would much rather have a mistrial now than on any verdict prior to this. She is convicted. That part is done. That is a huge blessing. The same individuals who couldn't agree here could have held out then. That did not happen. Sometimes instead of looking at what has been taken away, we must remember what we have been given. What was given to the Alexanders is huge. They saw this through to her conviction. At this point, other decisions may need to be made. But, she is convicted and MOST IMPORTANTLY Travis' name has been cleared. There is no doubt about that and that is worth more than anything, even JA's death for her crime.

This jury has been a blessing. There is a purpose in this part as well. This will be alright and it will turn out for the greatest good - whatever that may be. I have no doubt there are angels watching over the Alexanders, on earth and in heaven. They are special people. Let us not forget them in our prayers in the months to come. Circle the wagons! - A Mormon pioneer saying :)

Clap....clap....clap....clap....clap....bravo...BRAVO!!!

At this point, I think we all need to read, and re-read this post. It speaks volumes. MormonAttorney, you should email it to the Alexander family...

Well said, and thanks!

I think this could be a game changer, don't you? That's a healthier split than I thought. I was thinking one, maybe 2.

Honestly, if Juan had been able to admit ALL the evidence (i.e. stalking, tire slashing) he may have been able to get it to 10-2. I am surprised the split was 8-4 considering how all of them agreed on the charge itself, and agreed on the aggravating factors which led to this phase.

However, this is the jury who heard all the testimony, and they were unable to be unanimous with the death sentence. Seating a new jury to heard the abbreviated version of the trial may not get him the result the State wants, especially if JA herself has yet another chance to perfect her script.

:(

MOO

Well on the bright side she WAS convicted of 1st degree murder. Big Win. All of her interviews will be used against her on the next penalty phase. She screwed herself big time.

I count 14 jurors on this tape:

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2405490606001

Plus ponytail who left on his own. Does anyone see a juror that looks like JA's Mom? JC was always saying she thought that particular juror had a hard time with the guilt phase verdict. I don't see any one that looks like Sandy.

After thinking about it for a few hours, I realized that I'm not upset about the jury not deciding on the DP. I would have been equally satisfied with a LWOP verdict. I am disappointed that they weren't able to come to a true verdict and bring closure to this circus. They had invested months in this trial. I'm just shocked that they didn't even give this deliberation more than two days.

The TH keep saying that it was a holdout juror who wouldn't go with the DP. However, for all we know it could be the exact opposite. Perhaps all but one agreed on LWOP but the holdout wouldn't budge from the DP. I'm sure we will find out one of these days.

If I were a taxpayer in Arizona I would be beyond pissed, though.

Regardless, I feel so sorry for the Alexander family and friends. I can't imagine where they'll find the strength to go through this again. Everyone please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. They need our support more than ever! At least they can take comfort in knowing that their brother's killer has been convicted of 1st degree murder and will most likely spent the rest of her life in prison.

ETA: WOW, I just saw the jury split of 8 - 4. Wasn't expecting that. That's probably too divided to expect them to come together on one verdict. No wonder they were hung.

AZ lawyer researched it and corrected her original post. They can file a wrongful death suit.

They are going to shut her down. If someone gives her a dollar she will have to hand it over. I hope noone is allowed to bring her food to the prison. I hope she is far away from Donavan.

That's disgusting. And here I sat thinking I couldn't get any more sick to my stomach.

And even more sickening is how Baez keeps trashing our Mr. Martinez. What kind of nerve is that, how dare he ...I won't write what I really think of him...so this post doesn't disappear, but because he happened to get lucky and won his case does that give him the right to criticize a brilliant man like Juan Martinez, a man who is trying to get justice for a family that had a savage act committed on their brother. I think he is jealous, HB will never be the lawyer JM is, never.

So allegedly it was more than one lady. There were a few who felt life would be sufficient. Well if the next jury can't agree that's what she'll get anyway. I would hate to know at 32 my day would consist of laying or sitting in a space the size of my bathroom with the toilet right there. Taking a shower 3 times a week, and eating food that I wouldn't feed my dog. She is going to be miserable.

Sweet music to my ears.:floorlaugh:

When JA was hiding behind her hand I could just picture the smirk on her face. She was hiding it. While I don't feel like she won, I certainly don't feel like she lost either. How in the world are they going to catch a new jury up on everything pertaining to the case? I'm confused how that will work.

Somebody else's fault.

The one full day that the jury is out deliberating you go out on a site-seeing tour and get pizzed off that you weren't there?

BARF to you MOM.

Where the heck were you?

I was here. Why weren't you?

moo

The five jurors who refused to find torture-murder felonies were using the tactic as fig leaves behind which to hide during the sentencing phase.

Predictably effective...

I am SOOOOO over HLN unless they change their programming 'stars'. NG and JVM and Jean Cassares are repulsive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee