Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is my understanding that you are correct, if the second jury should be unable to reach a decision, the Judge would sentence her to life. Hopefully it would be LWOP.

Don't underestimate your expertise or opinion!

:)

I believe Judge S was shocked and upset about the non verdict. She was choking back tears. I think she would give CM LWOP

DR here has no perks. Lifers get the perks. 23 hours in, 1 hour out a day, alone. NOt many perks in this state.
This was in CA. Many of the lifers would rather have the DP so they don't have to deal with gang violence, general violence, rape, cellies etc. Lifers have to have a cellie but in DR it is solitary. They get better canteen perks, appeals, safety. We had two DR inmates who had their sentences reversed to LWOP on appeal and they both committed suicide before they got to gen pop. They both asked for the DP back and did not want to be moved into GP.

I would be fine if JA got LWOP. I think it would be the worst for her. The DP would be too good for her.

I really don't have a problem with media making contact with a juror post-trial to ask if they will answer questions or make a statement. But if we want people to be willing to serve in the future, once a juror says no thanks to the media, that should be the end of it.

There is a reason the cameras in the courtroom don't show the jurors faces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have a right to be on tv....it's their right. All you have to do is change the channel if you don't like it.

THANK YOU it's about time somebody said it I loathe FOX news to solve that problem I NEVER watch and and then I'm peachy keen lol:twocents:

I'm near Sacramento ca

I was laying bed at websleuths and all of a sudden my bed was shaking lol

WHAT?! There are beds here? Who knew? lol
I hope everything's ok there, has your local news said anything about it yet?

Tonight I fixed some fried then baked cube steaks smothered with homemade gravy and sauteed mushrooms, fresh green beans, corn and a side salad. It sure was yummy!

I wonder what Ariass had? A Boloney sandwich? Jail stew? Muahahaha

It makes me feel good to know that she is in solitary with no one but herself to talk to for 23 hours a day, no cameras/interviews or mirror until the next trial starts :)

I think the murderer was upset with the verdict because she really felt the jury would come back with Life and was shocked that most of the jury wanted her to die.

Lol .. we had a case here once and we all joined IMVU en masse .. I felt sorry for the regular peeps getting overrun by websleuthers on the hunt for clues LOL!!

hehe i love imvu- met my husband there- ad he moved from the UK to NY.. go figure :p good to see some cartoon folks around :)

My heart goes out to the jurors that were cut for one reason or another...Three of them that I think were "On Our Side"

I can't quite get behind this. Nothing wrong with your opinion of course, but I would rather have one or two convicted jurors hold out when the whole world is going mad with bloodlust. That person may be the only one thinking rationally. It's not easy to escape death row, so I would rather one person that deserves death get life in prison than to have one innocent person get the needle.

See, I don't get this. What 'bloodlust' are you aware of in juries' attitudes? Because the supposed 'bloodlust' of the world at large has no impact on deliberations. The comment makes juries and the world at large sound like mad dogs. Not rational, obviously.

And with all due respect, I believe it is relatively easy to escape death row. Just look at the stats. And what's happening with this monster.

There is a reason the cameras in the courtroom don't show the jurors faces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On that note, anyone have link of jurors gettng on bus. No, not harassing them, I'm just curious...

ITA, I personally think saying you could and then being faced with the opportunity to, are completely different. While sure I think right now if I were on that jury I could totally do it BUT once I got there and it was in my hands could I? I would like to think yes, but I bet that isn't how it is at all.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I think the jurors that come into the trial and sign that form probably think they can do it, and then when the reality of it hits them in the face, they have 2nd thoughts.

There needs to be some sort of remedy to avoid what just happened. Not sure how to improve this, but in order to save the court money and not waist a whole phase of the trial, something needs to change. I think I heard other states default to LWOP if they cant decide. That would work for me.

I'm sorry but wth is up with her left foot?? Does she have wonky toes to match her wonky finger?
That should be her two small ones right? I keep trying to lift those two without the others and I cannot.

LOLOLOLOL
Ahh Hahahahahahahaha!
Those are some nasty dogs... in wittew pink sockies....

Didnt Jodie tell one of the interviewers that men are safe with her as long as they don't abuse her! Not verbatim

Not just men, anyone apparently

Nite All. It's been a long day.
Katiedid2, stay safe.

I think with her arrogant narcissistic ways she will be the prey in general pop..but who knows, she is a person capable of a heinous slaughtering

That should start her out unusually high in the pecking order.

If she avoids the needle they'll be in awe -- at first anyway.

This decision was so hard to understand.
They spent 5 months on this trial.
And they give up after 13 hours, wow, mind boggling.

If you cannot agree give her life,
wash your hands, and let the judge
decide her sentence.

Very easy.

But why was it so hard for this jury?

I am shocked and appalled that there is no justice for
the Alexander family.

I really cannot see their victim statements again.
It was so heart wrenching.

Please give this family some prayers, they are such innocent
victims.

The way I think about it is say you were on the jury and you felt very, very strongly that she deserved death. Would you waver from your beliefs that she just get LWOP? I couldn't do it, and make that compromise if my feelings were that strong. I would be giving up part of what I believed. I would probably regret it for the rest of my life. I would feel like I was letting down the Alexander family as well. Trust me I am heart broken. The 4 hold outs must have felt very strongly that she deserved LWOP because they weren't wavering either.

I really hope the family is staying far away from HLN today.
Unbelievable how badly they are turning on the family. Dr. Drew SCREAMING that they shut it down, put Jodi on a shelf and let it go. Basically just stop it. MY GOD. What their next step is, is an extremely personal decision, a very tough decision. He has no business getting on T.V. to scream and yell at victims that they need to do things like that. His keeps saying "put it on a shelf and go on" it makes me want to gag. They went through all of this, got plowed over with a terrible decision and you are screaming at them to "put it on a shelf somewhere and let it be". How wrong, MOO.

Then just minutes previous this "judge" comes on who has no proper information at all. Cringe worthy embarrassing improper information claiming it's going to take another 3 million dollars to finish this, that the Arizona people need to start talking about stopping this! This is a gift for an appeal if they get another jury, it will immediately be tossed out, waste of money. The family GOT their verdict, a life sentence, be happy. Um... sir...8 people stood their ground on sending her to death row. If it was majority rules she would be going to death row. SHUSH UP.

Selfish terrible people.

The only one was Nancy, at the end of her show she was calm, had complete compassion and in a voice near tears told the family to go home. Get out of here, get as far away from Jodi as possible, just like Travis was trying to do. Rest and regroup becuase it's not over yet. Basically telling them to keep hope, the fight is not over if that is what they want but to take care of themselves.

The family needs the most support ever right now, for whatever their decision is and here the news heads who still claim we need to think of the family (Dr. Drew Especially!) are turning their backs on what this family really needs. Compassion, understanding and kindness for whatever choices they make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95