Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beth was on DD and spoke to him. He was upset they didn't reach a verdict.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Oh no, I hope juror 8 doesn't feel worse, as in feeling like if he had been on there he could have convinced the lifers...

I hope you're right because it's beyond belief, if not. Incredible too that the FAM was touring the Grand Canyon. Free vacation...YAY!

barf

moo

Poetic justice I say!

:jail:

I'm wondering if it was worth trashing Travis' name for Nurmi and Wilmot.

And who is going to get the first book out.

Bets?

As much as I'm ready for the Jodi Arias show to end, I say let her keep giving as many interviews as she wants between now and the retrial of the penalty phase, because she will only hurt herself more by talking and talking.

We've seen her get defensive when a journalist doesn't kiss her behind. Let one really make her angry and we (and the next set of jurors) will see the real, angry Jodi Arias that Travis saw in the final moments of his life. Let her talk herself into circles, contradict her own stories, etc. Let her keep doing it because she is her own worst enemy.

Let her explain the escalation that took place over several minutes. Oops much!...:yes:

picture.php
I count 14 jurors on this tape:

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2405490606001

Plus ponytail who left on his own. Does anyone see a juror that looks like JA's Mom? JC was always saying she thought that particular juror had a hard time with the guilt phase verdict. I don't see any one that looks like Sandy.

I think it was the lady with the light green tote

I'm so sorry the Alexander family has to go through this again. I no longer care what happens to JA. Both fates are horrible and fitting for what she deserves. I would say life only because its cheaper but will be happy for death because it is what the alexander family want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a second Jury will give her the Death Penalty. Her side should not have looked so smug. This is not good for Jodi.

Take heart and Remember -- "The difference between a stumbling block and a stepping stone is the character of the individual walking the path."

My thoughts and prayers are definitely with Travis' family tonight...

So close, yet so far away and having to go through it all again.

Good sensible post Sustained. Until today I was not sure the judge would give LWOP if left to her own devices. Listening to her today, it may be possible for her to do so but I am not convinced. It is unclear to me if she will still preside over a possible future re-try. I found a forum today on Prison Talk that discusses ASPC Perryville - pretty nasty sounding. However, I doubt there is any possibility the Alexander family would be allowed to see much of anything to assist them.

I do agree, it may just be time to ship the little murderer off provided she agrees to LWOP and waives appeals. Somehow I do not think she will accept those terms. I do not know if she can refuse but given all the rights granted to murderers, I somehow think she can refuse to accept any deal offered by the State. She is not going to go quietly or accept any terms but her own, this has been proven as well.
I don't think Judge Stephens will have any trouble sentencing Jodi to LWOP if the decision came down to her. On the other hand, I share your sentiments about Jodi being unable/unwilling to go quietly to Perryville if offered the chance to forego a do-over on the penalty retrial.

I have just turned off HLN for the last time because I'm never again tuning to that obnoxious station filled with annoying, obnoxious, yelling <modsnip> (except for Beth).

There have been five cases in Maricopa County AZ where the original jury in a DP case came back hung in the penalty phase. In one of those cases, the State decided not to ask for a new jury. In 3 of 4 the remaining cases, the new jury came back with a Death verdict and the other was Life.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/arizo...hat-couldnt-decide-on-death-penalty-prog.html

With thanks to AZLawyer on the ask a lawyer thread.

Hopefully JM shares these stats with the Alexander family. That is quite interesting for sure.

Morman attorney, is there a way to find out what jodis friend Pattis legal troubles are in Cal. This is the REAL REASON she could not testify in the penalty phase. She took the fifth during her interview with JM. It does not have anything to do with threats. That was the excuse.

Jose Baez is a leech. He'll glom himself onto whatever case is in the media at the moment. He's the personification of the phrase "media wh*re. His voice still makes my skin crawl.

I love the word "glom" !!!!!

I just don't have occasion to use it often enough!

I was so sure there would only be 1-2 for life. But there are 4? Today was very surprising, to say the least.

Where was Nurmi? After the verdict was read, the camera panned and his chair was empty.

Will there be new attorneys?

What is most puzzling to me is the knee-jerk and UNPROVEN assumption by some folks that one or more of the jurors deliberately misrepresented themselves during voir dire or purposely held out or refused to deliberate. At this point, it's nothing more than unfounded and unfair speculation.

Agreed. I've thought about this a lot the last few days. Just because you are able to render a DP in a case does not automatically mean you think it's suitable in THIS case, regardless of her eligibility for it. If it was automatic for this crime, why even have the penalty phase with jurors? ( not to you specifically GoAskAllie)

I was thinking about it like this. Say you're a strong supporter of DP , but you can only deliver it once and you've got 2 defendants. One is JA and one is some person who's killed 10 children and buried them in the yard. Obviously ONE outweighs the other in terms of which one is more ' deserving ' of the death penalty. It could be these jurors had in their mind that because of one or two items, or lack thereof , they didn't feel it was fitting. Some may have thought death is too good for her and a torturous life in prison would be more suitable and cause her more SUFFERING. Who knows? I know this, the next jury will not mess around no matter the outcome, they will know the state expects a verdict and I bet there are folks right now all over AZ hoping for a jury summons in their mailbox tomorrow !

I feel like this sounds a bit crazy, but I know that the best place to go with this is to my WS family.

I would have never predicted me crying like I am tonight for the Alexander family. Don't get me wrong, I've had so much sympathy and compassion for them from the start. It's not just a tear or two, I can't stop the waterworks from coming on everytime I think of the way things have been left hanging for the family. Then hearing Mike Galanos on HLN After Dark say one of the female jurors looked at the family and mouthed "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry", well that just did me in again and I'm sobbing. Seriously, I feel a bit crazy for the crying and am hoping my WS family help me plug the leak.

We have all been there. Just let it out. It has been a long haul. So many tension filled days. It builds and then we have our own life stressors. Some cases affect me more than others. This is one of them. I feel terrible but we have watched a lovely respectable Family in the Courtroom. It's the Family that is hurting my heart so right now. Not the outcome I wanted. It's not over. Regardless Jodi has no stage now to inflict more pain. Pay it forward tomorrow. Travis would want that.

Poetic justice I say!

:jail:

I'm wondering if it was worth trashing Travis' name for Nurmi and Wilmot.

And who is going to get the first book out.

Bets?

I hope if CKJA's mother writes a book it will be in the $2.00 book pile after no copies are sold. I won't even enter a book store that would sell that book and "you can mark my words on that."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand