Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see them make a deal and just agree to her having LWOP, but I don't think the killer would agree to that anymore. I bet she would hold out for LWP now.

Because the self serving passive agressive psychopath B was invading his space, hacking his email, myspace, facebook, stealing from him, slashing his tires and I believe she was blackmailing him.

I have a question. Why did she travel 1000 miles to Travis' home?

it's dicey ground re: his rant. looking at it that way lends looking at travis' murder the same. "she almost cut his head off? what did he do to her to deserve that?"

JMO. i do take issue with people refusing to look at this case with shades of grey. it's the defence and prosecutors job to paint it as black and white as they can, not ours.

jodi is conniving, manipulative and dangerous. but that doesn't excuse all of travis' flaws. however, it's important to note that harsh words ≠ physical abuse.

I think we all react differently. I am the mom of a son around Travis's age.
FWIW, I was horrified by the actions of the Boston Bomber. I was up the night the security guard was shot and killed. This was before we knew for sure it was connected. All I could think was how terrible for his family. He went to work, and will never come back.

Mothering instinct works a lot of ways. JMO-part of that instinct is being able to assess, look at a situation, figure out what seems hinky, and what doesn't. What squares with the truth?? (Most parents who've raised teens understand this, I think. Obviously, normal teen issues aren't anywhere near what goes on with ckja, but it's a similar process as you look at a situation.)

I am so, so sorry that Travis was murdered. As a mother, I see the pain of his family. It is beyond sad, and I wish I (or someone) could provide comfort to them. I have zero empathy for his killer. Her callous cruel ways are depraved.

BBM Another aspect that stirs my own mothering instinct is seeing the Alexander siblings in court without their mother to protect them, to stand for them and their brother. It breaks my heart that they are going through this alone in that way. Goddess bless Katiecoolady and the other mothers who have been there supporting Travis's brothers and sisters.

I have to admit it - when I saw the little murderer's interview making the claim she now suffers nightmares about an event she claims to have no memory of I felt like she was mocking Steven in the most cruel way. I also admit that I am glad I was not in the room while she made that statement as the next trial you watch might have been mine for snapping her scrawny neck. She truly is a depraved carcass.

:stormingmad:

Sociopaths take everything they can from others and try to make it their own -EVERYTHING. I was married to one so I know first hand.

Ultimately, this, the trial is only temporary, even if it stretched out for another year. There is NO WAY, absoultely NO WAY that anyone in my family would back down to LWOP. Absolutely none. There would be no question.

Once they move forward with a new jury, they will get the DP they so desire and will know in their hearts that they will outlive her, even if death takes 20 years. Then looking forward to the call that he last appeal failed and watching the catheter inserted and poison flow her veins.

The ultimate punishment. Served.

I don't think anything should be assumed as there is no guarantees. There were a ton of assumptions on the DP before last night, I know that.

And this one didn't? :waitasec:

If your opinion is that it didn't, I know 12 people who would disagree with you. 12 people who looked at all the evidence through a different lens than we all did. And, 12 people whose opinion is the only one that matters. :twocents:

Exactly, these twelve people in their collective wisdom decided to go with murder one and hang the DP phase instead of hanging the case in chief.

I'm even thinking they hung the last phase to make sure the family knew how strongly some of them felt about the DP for Jodi.

Because the logical thing to do would be to compromise on Life, but the DP people were unwilling to do that for some reason.

IMO

I honestly believe, for Jodi, the waiting for the DP is even crueler than death itself. When I compare her to Couey, I can't help but to feel his crime was worse. If there is a worst than Jodi....I don't believe she qualifies for the worst punishment possible.

I believe the family of Travis will endure less pain if she's sentenced to LWOP. They will be free, Jodi can no longer hold any power over them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's debasing.... I like it.

Good job, Litigatrix. "The decision 'we' made," no, the decision that four of you made. I agree -- this language is troubling. Suggests a rather entitled, elitist attitude. Perhaps later revelations will temper that tone, but he sounds like he's talking about people who work for him, not jurors with whom he was collaborating on a verdict. I'm agreeing with you on the tenor of his comments leaning toward some preconceptions. Again, I think he might have found some notes extremely useful. :moo:

This is so succinct. You described his demeanor precisely. Did you notice how he responded to one question? "That's a very good question, Elizabeth...." Elizabeth? You're on a first name basis now? That speaks volumes.

And for those of you who are accusing some of being emotional, this isn't emotional, this is pure logic.

I had this EXACT thought last night! Get out of my head!

Lol, me too. Would it be so bad if jailhouse justice prevailed? It would get the job done (sans endless appeals) and we sure would not have to worry about Jodi tormenting the family with her self-serving, remorseless media appearances anymore. She had better watch out because I can see her rubbing someone the wrong way in there (being a rat will get you killed in prison and I can sooo see Jodi being a snitch if she thought she would get something out of it) Another inmate with nothing to lose might want to make a name for themselves and take her out. We can only hope..

Don't mean to open a can of :worms: but this is one case that I would not be broken up to see jailhouse justice prevail. Karma has a big one coming for Jodi. She has caused so much anguish and pain and she will pay for that somehow, someway. That I am sure of!

I really shouldn't respond but heck I'll bite just to have fun.

Why shouldn't it be a slam dunk when she admitted to doing all of the things she did to him? Even if you take her excuse as absolute truth, it still doesn't absolve her. Self-Defense is just that, not killing someone over and over and then trying to run and hide.

Jodi had makeup on in court. Looks like she waxed or severely tweezed the brows, too. She never had makeup on before the makeup demands for the media tour.

Several of the reporters have said Jodi demanded they give her base, powder, shadow and waterproof mascara; not film her putting it on; not film the prison stripes and cuffs.

Now, what I want to know is why she was allowed to keep this stuff in her cell. No pencils or fungus cream, but makeup?[/QUOTE]

BBM

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. She probably never washed her face after the interviews, lol.

In IL they are allowed to have basic makeup they can buy through the commissary. Blush, foundation, mascara, lipstick. No eyeliner allowed. Very limited. Only 2-3 shades/colors of each to choose from.
They are allowed the stubby little golf pencils (and JA is also) but no pens or markers. Looking at her "art" I would speculate JA is allowed colored pencils also. (at least where she is right now).
I would guess that JA's creams that were confiscated may have been prescription creams she got from another inmate. Inmates are only to have Rx creams if they go to the medical unit for it. In fact, in a neighboring state to me, the inmates are not even allowed the Rx creams in their cells. They have to go to med unit every day to apply it (avoiding the 'sharing' of Rx creams.) In IL they are allowed to have in their cell a limited selection of over the counter creams for common issues: rash, foot fungus, etc.

You know, I’ve been thinking that the Alexander family may be okay with a plea deal with CM of LWOP with no option for appeals. I don’t think CM would go for that though as it means no hope of ever being released. CM is delusional. There is no way she will ever be released back into society, but her narcissism will not allow her to entertain that reality.

Another thing – she’ll be in maximum security when she gets to Perryville for several years. She would be able to move to lesser security levels gradually with good behavior. Does anyone here think she’ll be able to attain that good behavior status? I used to think that with her being a sociopath, she could keep herself in check to improve her living conditions. I’m not so sure now. I think 23 hours a day in her cell with almost no contact with others will fuel her rage. She’s already raging inside because the self defense claim did not work for her. I think she fully believed it would and she’s more unstable now than ever. If she gets life, she may be in max for a very long time.

One other thing, Mikee Daniels (thanks Rose222) mentioned that Nurmi and Wilmott were no longer CM’s attorneys. I’ve heard talk of that being likely on HLN, etc. but has that been confirmed? I don’t see that in any news story….

I honestly believe, for Jodi, the waiting for the DP is even crueler than death itself. When I compare her to Couey, I can't help but to feel his crime was worse. If there is a worst than Jodi....I don't believe she qualifies for the worst punishment possible.

I believe the family of Travis will endure less pain if she's sentenced to LWOP. They will be free, Jodi can no longer hold any power over them.

I totally agree with the bolded part Linda.

I would like to see them make a deal and just agree to her having LWOP, but I don't think the killer would agree to that anymore. I bet she would hold out for LWP now.

at first i thought the state was holding most of the cards with this re-do thing, but knowing it was 8-4, i'm not so sure about that. the DT is probably pretty happy with that split.

I agree. When I first read a couple things about his interview, I was like, "well, good lord.... what did he say?" Then I watched it and was relieved.

His interview didn't upset me either. I also don't get a vibe from him that says *I voted for life* I understand that he was surprised by looking at her that she could commit such a cruel crime. I understand how he thought some of Travis' words were verbally abusive(some of TAs words made me cringe) and I understand how he thought there might be some emotional abuse (having sex with her after the tire slashing, the stalking etc). He also said none of it was an excuse for what she did. I don't understand why he's getting so much backlash?

I know my opinion isn't popular, but I think the best outcome for the family -gods bless them- is to agree to a LWOP plea/no interviews. Let her be away away away and quiet.

Heal, honor your lost and beloved brother by living the best life you can, adhere to your faith, be loving to each other and know that your God loves you. Always and unconditionally.

Peace and coffee y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member